Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at Masten not being best 22. We really do base players seasons on what the freshest memory is.

Had a very good 2015 until the suspension/injuries.

Isn't going anywhere.

Lol at Masten not being best 22. We really do base players seasons on what the freshest memory is.

Isn't going anywhere.

Masten's 2015 has been statistically the same as his last few seasons.

Outside ball with average ball use, few inside 50s and average score involvements.

Masten has reached his ceiling and his ceiling is average.

Hence why we didn't miss him when he was injured as why we won't miss him if he was replaced.

Isn't going anywhere.
Exactly and i dont get the talk about his kicking. He is clearly one of our best. Open your eyes people, even the biased vic media were raving about him last year. Parko even listed him as one of our A graders.

Outside ball with average ball use, few inside 50s and average score involvements.

Hence why we didn't miss him when he was injured as why we won't miss him if he was replaced.
Yeah going to side with you on this one. Mastens problem is his athletic ability. I'm big on players having good athletic ability. That is were the flexibility Simmo has been talking about all year comes in. Masten has no flexibility. It's wing or nothing with him. His not overly quick and being small you have to bring something to the table or you easy get pushed aside. Brett Harvey has pace, agility and great decision making ability and is quite strong in contest. All the things needed in a small man. while I look at Masten and he doesn't have either.
His endurance is all his got and that helps him to be a link man but that gets over rated. Every AFL player midfielder should have great endurance and provide link up play.

With the possible inclusion of 5-6 players next year something has got to give. The dam walls in our club are going to be overflowing with talent.

If we get Reddon, Anderson, Jetta and Duggan does a Sheed, Lamb, and others in reserves stepping up aswell as Emac and Brown returning we have a great problem.

Something's got to give and our fringe is in the firing line.
Hutchings is an obvious choice of making way for Reddon.
Ellis or Butler one makes way for Emac or possibly two if they don't perform.

Josh Hill or an under perform forward pocket to make way for Anderson.

Jetta to replace either Masten or Rosa on a wing.

Then you have Duggan who was brilliant in his first and in his second if he explodes like Sheed you would be have to bring him in.
It will be interesting if we maintain a full list with no injuries what we go with. What ever happens you'd expect our best 22 to be extremely tight for spots making us the strongest side in the league. Personally I look at our list and with the inclusions mentioned never had a time when depth was this good. Even in 2006 we didn't have depth like this. We will essentially have a good 5-6 possibly more AFL quality players playing WAFL next year.

Selection head ache.
we got more of a Selection migraine.

Last edited:

He is firmly entrenched in our best 22 and isn't going anywhere.

You have no way off knowing if he will or won't get better, ah BF where the experts come out to play.

Masten's been pivotal in his link and transition by pure gut running and taking risks through the middle.

Many of our great chains from HB to FF had Masten in there.

Masten is best 22.

Was not the same player after his injury.

Although history suggests a player at his age isn't going to have any meteoric rise and he def wont get bigger or faster

He is 26. He is now only moving into his prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graeme Wright the list mgr for the Hawks was just on trade radio. He spoke of how some of the Hawks are hitting 33+ and are still playing great footy. We very rarely have a players play over 30. Only difference is travel. Must be a killer.

@TomBrowne7: Anderson is keen on @NMFCOfficial and @WestCoastEagles,but they may struggle to organise a trade HawthornFC @7NewsMelbourne @BrigandLehmo

@theafloffseason: Jed Anderson has nominated West Coast as his destination club in 2016. According to Chris Pelcan on 1116 SEN.

He is firmly entrenched in our best 22 and isn't going anywhere.

You have no way off knowing if he will or won't get better, ah BF where the experts come out to play.

He will be 27 next year if you want to believe he will suddenly become an A Grader be my guest.

I will go by the fact that statistically he hasn't moved for several years.

He will be 27 next year if you want to believe he will suddenly because some A Grader be my guest.

I will go by the fact that statistically he hasn't moved for several years.

I'm not claiming he will or won't, I think completely ruling something out like that is pretty stupid.

And regardless of your feelings about him, he is very unlikely to be traded and is a best 22 player, why would a team in it's premiership window trade away a best 22 player?

I'm not claiming he will or won't, I think completely ruling something out like that is pretty stupid.

And regardless of your feelings about him, he is very unlikely to be traded and is a best 22 player, why would a team in it's premiership window trade away a best 22 player?

Who said anything about trading him? I said he would be ideal as depth since he can slot in as a linkman anywhere.

He was best 22 this year. If we get Redden, Jetta and Duggan comes in I don't think he will be anymore.

To me that is a good thing.

Masten, Rosa and Hutchings have been good club servants but now, like Selwood, we are past them.

Last edited:
For all those saying that Masten is well and truly entrenched in our 22, I will say this

He is behind

Priddis, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Sheed and will be behind Redden & Jetta and possibly Duggan and now Anderson

He will be the 8th or 9th midfeidler. Very close to missing out

Can play him on the HFF. Still a valuable part of the 22 despite being behind those players.

Would think we would only bring at least 2 new players from other clubs.

Have a feeling it will be Jetta and Anderson. Redden will be too hard to get across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back