Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

With Selwood gone, Redden coming in, and Jetta should be relatively straight forward, surely there are other players we would be looking at bringing in???

Who else should we be after?
I think the team is lacking a tough small defender with pace ;Adam Kennedy GWS

6649242-3x2-940x627.jpg
Would rather Anderson any day of the week.

Why would we do that when Lycett is the better player and younger? He had a down year this year due to having OP

What are you basing he is a better player on? Hope? Previous form?
Everyone that has a bad year at the Eagles always is because they are injured!!
No issue if you think Lycett is better but Sinclair has produced and Lycett has not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And also how are we going to fit Jetta, Redden and Anderson into our best 22? I mean we could use them as depth but I think a majority of those players listed DESERVE to be best 22 or will look elsewhere. Also, if sinkers is out than we will most probably bring in Lycett and people saying that Masten won't be best 22 then you're delusional because not only is he in the leadership group he also trains the house down harder than any other player on our list and is a genuinely decent player that deserves to be in our best 22, combining those merits and his performance.

Edit: Not to mention the talent we have on our list that we already have on our list that will want out e.g Lamb for lack of opportunity and the fact we've already traded away our first round pick if we do, do this our future will look very bleak.

The simple answer to that is if they are better players and perform they will be in our best 22. Others will just miss out.
The clubs job is to recruit players to make us better than we are, sentiment does not win games and those who want out will go. No big deal.
Make no mistake Selwood wanted out because he thought he was no longer a walk up start. Makes no difference how good a clubman they are or how nice a bloke they are. Best 22 players is all that matters. Simpson I reckon is doing this.

I think the team is lacking a tough small defender with pace ;Adam Kennedy GWS

Jackson Nelson? Maybe not as fast as you'd like but tough and has class.

I'd honestly be happy to call it a day if we manage to get Jetta and Anderson (without losing sinclair). Have needs covered, just need some more natural development from the team.

And also how are we going to fit Jetta, Redden and Anderson into our best 22? I mean we could use them as depth but I think a majority of those players listed DESERVE to be best 22 or will look elsewhere. Also, if sinkers is out than we will most probably bring in Lycett and people saying that Masten won't be best 22 then you're delusional because not only is he in the leadership group he also trains the house down harder than any other player on our list and is a genuinely decent player that deserves to be in our best 22, combining those merits and his performance.

Edit: Not to mention the talent we have on our list that we already have on our list that will want out e.g Lamb for lack of opportunity and the fact we've already traded away our first round pick if we do, do this our future will look very bleak.

Did you really just use TTHD like its a legit thing?

Be interesting to see how this trade period goes.

Who would you say were the bottom 6 players (most replaceable) throughout the year who played >10 games if we had a full list?

For me it would be:

Rosa
Hutchings
Butler
Ellis
Masten/Hill
Sinclair

So which of your ins are going to kick the 40 goals that Hill kicked last year if you drop HILL ????????????????

Yes he can. It's where he wants to be played, according to something I read earlier int he week.
Am I the only one that read that as a half joke? Gov will only ever pinch hit in ruck up forward or back, depending where he plays. Like lynch used too

So which of your ins are going to kick the 40 goals that Hill kicked last year if you drop HILL ????????????????

Hill lacks consistency...........that is something that has troubled him his entire career.

Redden and Anderson are goal kicking mids / HFFers. Hill goes out and we rotate Le cras, Redden, Shuey and Anderson through two of the forward six positions.

McGovern plays forward and adds another goal kicking option.

The trade thread on the Sydney board is baffling. We knock back their straight swap offer of Jetta for Sinkers. And they now want Jetta for Sinkers and a pick? oh i am laffin

chunckychicken is quality though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back