Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Anderson will be the steal of the trade period whoever gets his signature
Surely that statement is dependant on what is offered as a trade to get him

Maybe he got drafted to West Coast because he was the best player available to us? Should we have drafted Palmer or Morton, the other players in consideration at pick 3?
You seriously believe his tenuous family links to a member of our recruiting staff gets him games? Jet fuel can't melt steel beams man. There's no wind on the moon.

You're actually calling out the selection committee and coaching staff for playing him as much as you're calling out Masten. In your words: "Masten offers the least of the entire midfield group. Anyone who suggests otherwise doesn't watch enough footy". They must not watch football, or maybe Woodhouse has some dirt on all of them.

Ah yes imagine if we'd played McGinnity or Selwood instead! Completely different result!
Best player available to us at three? Conveniently forgetting Danger, Cyril et al?

I believe we reached for him at three and I do believe his family ties to the club had an influence on the decision to draft him. Whether that influence was small or large, I don't know.

That said, he is getting a game without earning it. He's done a great job at fooling everyone.. a link man only, with poor disposal and toughness of a pillow.

Best player available to us at three? Conveniently forgetting Danger, Cyril et al?

I believe we reached for him at three and I do believe his family ties to the club had an influence on the decision to draft him. Whether that influence was small or large, I don't know.

That said, he is getting a game without earning it. He's done a great job at fooling everyone.. a link man only, with poor disposal and toughness of a pillow.

Seriously mate, say what you will about Masto Man but leave pillows out of this.

More hopeful than expecting. The rules surrounding FA are seen by clubs as "somewhat fluid" depending on whether the lunch at AFL house that day was good or not.
Not unrealistic to expect a 25 yr old VC on a 4yr deal to get better than #37-40.
So we were hoping for an end of first to on trade for jetta or Anderson ?
Who would you prefer if we could only get one now ?

Anderson will be the steal of the trade period whoever gets his signature

A steal depends by whatever the price is now that the Selwood combo pick blew out in their calculations ,I suspect we want him because we`ve left Newman waiting till after the trade draft to decide his fate .

Nice hyperbole

7ac.jpg

I associate Ash Smith with the toughness of a pillow, Masten is tougher than him.

Where the Eagles have a gripe with the compensation is that Selwood is a pick 25-28 range so as I heard today , it would be expected that with pick 18 or 37 compensation available with an equilibrium rule applied .... pick 18 is closer to the value range of Selwood then pick 40 .

The system failed us !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got drafted to west coast for that reason, so I'm not surprised he's getting games. Also no surprises we did fine without him when he was suspended. And yeah good one, I'm calling out Masten here, not the entire team. Imagine if we played someone actually capable in the grand final!!

2/3's of the team didn't turn up in the grand final. Are they not capable of playing in a grand final? Can't really put too much blame on him when most of his team mates didn't turn up to play either.

Masten was widely tipped to be taken early in the draft and was considered very unlikely to slip past freo at 7. Rioli was widely known not to want to go outside Victoria. Dangerfield was considered a reach by Adelaide and was surprisingly picked ahead of ebert

His family ties may have influenced the decision to draft him ahead of palmer or Morton who were the others in the frame. Masten has proven to be the best of that trio. Those ties aren't getting him games now

He was high up in the BnF voting after 7 rounds and if you'd been paying attention this year then it would be apparent that the MC aren't in the habit of giving out games unless they were deserved

A steal depends by whatever the price is now that the Selwood combo pick blew out in their calculations ,I suspect we want him because we`ve left Newman waiting till after the trade draft to decide his fate .

in addition to whether on not he actually gets on the field and manages to string some games together. No point paying overs for someone who may spend a lot of time in rehab.

Redden for our first rounder is overs. Selwood for pick 37 is a joke. Got shafted on this so far. If Redden turns into Yeo mark 2 then we got away with it. Jetta becomes hard now. Getting rid of Sinclair is not that good a deal either. We did great last year looks like we are back to getting screwed as per usual.
Redden for our first rounder is not overs considering where the club is at in terms of our premiership window. We paid the same thing for Wellingham and I think most would agree they have about equal value, especially considering Redden is 24 and provides our midfield something we don't have much of, a big bodied, tall inside mid with insane tackling ability. Trust me, it will work out to be a very good move for the club.

Two observations here:
1. Neil Craig was criticised by the Adelaide public for picking Dangerfield instead of the big SA name Ebert in the same 2007 draft. Neil Craig was right!
2. Looks like it is the curse of wearing number 7 Guernsey.

Masten was widely tipped to be taken early in the draft and was considered very unlikely to slip past freo at 7. Rioli was widely known not to want to go outside Victoria. Dangerfield was considered a reach by Adelaide and was surprisingly picked ahead of ebert

His family ties may have influenced the decision to draft him ahead of palmer or Morton who were the others in the frame. Masten has proven to be the best of that trio. Those ties aren't getting him games now

He was high up in the BnF voting after 7 rounds and if you'd been paying attention this year then it would be apparent that the MC aren't in the habit of giving out games unless they were deserved
I guess he would be fantastic if the season went for 7 rounds. Classic Masten consistency. Anyway, this is the trade thread not the 'Masten is a pleb thread', so I'll stop.

**** jetta ! Can win his own ball shits himself in finals .
Anderson is the player we want hard at it , wins his own ball , pace and class and is only 22 .
Keep Sinclair , get a couple of picks in the draft and upgrade Newman .

Just to summarise **** jetta and let him stay at Sydney .
Crap mate. ....by that logic, most of our GF team would be gone. Jetta can play and will prove you wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back