Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I put these highlights together of Jack back in his 2012 season, which was one of, if not his best at the Lions. Shows what he can do.

Quite sad to see him go. Quality character to have at a football club, and has been one of few shining lights for us in a very dark period.

Highlights of 2012?

That's a worry. We just let go a bloke who had a pretty good 2012.

We don't ****ing need Jetta or Anderson though.

I will be ropeable if we trade Sinclair out and he hasn't asked to be traded.
I don't think we're going to trade him if he doesn't want to be traded.
I suspect Sydney have offered him very good money, as well as more guarantees regarding playing time.

We now have picks 36 and 37 + the possibility of 33 from Sydney + whatever we get for Colledge (pick 60-odd?). There is enough to work with IMO so long as we actually get Anderson to nominate us.

Nominating doesn't mean anything if they are still under contract.

This is how I see the rest of it panning out.

Jetta for an public apology from West Coast fans for booing Goodes and pick 36

Jed Anderson because we deliberately played shit in the 2015 Grand Final allowing Hawks to win Premiership.

Sinclair won't be traded against his will. It either means Sydney takes unders or the deal doesn't go through.

I'm don't think Sinkers is reluctant, by all reports they are offering him double what we are paying him at the moment. Trading him is our last resort to get the deal done...

Redden for our first rounder is overs. Selwood for pick 37 is a joke. Got shafted on this so far. If Redden turns into Yeo mark 2 then we got away with it. Jetta becomes hard now. Getting rid of Sinclair is not that good a deal either. We did great last year looks like we are back to getting screwed as per usual.
hi ep2006

Redden for 17 feels like we got bent over. We got warmed up and they used lube, but still feels like a shafting.

A big **** you to the AFL for Selwood's compo but can't say it's unexpected.

I've been a huge fan of getting Jetta but a straight swap for Sinclair is cray cray.

17 is probably a bit overs to be honest, I think ~25 would be fair, but given that he is contracted and Brisbane would have likely got something similar though compo next year, 17 was pretty much the only option we had to get it done and about right.

He should be in the 22 no problem, so on a whole it's a good move.

The Jetta/Sinclair is the interesting one. Straight swap no way, up to Sydney to really make it appealing. if we get 14 (they can have the two picks in the 30s) then that is worth doing imo. Use another junk time pick on a kid, upgrade Newman and take matera with our last if he wants to come.

Would be a good off-season. Can't see how we get Anderson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redden for 17 isn't overs. Considering he fills a massive need and Melksham going to Melbourne at pick 25 is a good indicator, that the draft is quite shallow. Very happy with Redden.

This really. Priddis may have another season or two (see how fast Cox dropped from AA to liability), and Redden instantly replaces him (or more likely Hutchings in the near term). Waterman might be there in 3-4 years but with him basically missing this year I'm not holding my breath.

Inside mids don't come that cheap and our window is open so seems the right move.

Melksham for 25 is getting bent over hard !
Such a hack
Brissy would be happy with 17 thought we should have got their 3rd in the exchange .

I think we will have to go into next year's draft to get him.

Our 2nd rounder next year maybe? Bit of a gamble for the Hawks, if we do a 2015 Port Adelaide they'll win out of it, if we end up in the GF again... not so much.

Yep agree. Pick 17 is about right. Pick 36 not enough. Just the way the cards fell this year.

Could've swapped later picks if that was the case.

It seems like the plan was to get first round compo pick that we didn't get for Jetta. Now Vosso is furious that we got shafted but he should of seen it coming.

Jetta plan went to shit so reckon because of that the Anderson plan probably did aswell.

Vosso get Jetta and Anderson. Make it happen.

Use probably our only draft pick what ever it is on Daniel Rioli then I'm happy.

AFL website hasn't been updated so I thought I'd do it.

Updated draft order as of tonight:

ROUND ONE
1 Carlton
2 Brisbane Lions
3 Gold Coast
4 Essendon
5 St Kilda
6 Melbourne
7 Collingwood
8 Greater Western Sydney
9 Adelaide (received from Geelong as part of the trade for Patrick Dangerfield)
10 Port Adelaide
11 Western Bulldogs
12 Richmond
13 Adelaide
14 Sydney Swans
15 North Melbourne
16 Fremantle
17 Brisbane (received from West Coast in exchange for Jack Redden)
18 Hawthorn
19 Gold Coast (received from Greater Western Sydney via a trade in 2012; traded to the Giants by Fremantle in 2011; originally received by the Dockers as compensation for Rhys Palmer)

ROUND TWO
20 Carlton
21 Brisbane Lions
22 Gold Coast
23 Essendon
24 St Kilda
25 Melbourne
26 Collingwood
27 Greater Western Sydney
28 Adelaide (received from Geelong as part of the trade for Patrick Dangerfield)
29 Port Adelaide
30 Western Bulldogs
31 Richmond
32 Adelaide
33 Sydney Swans
34 North Melbourne
35 Fremantle
36 West Coast
37 West Coast (compensation for free agent Scott Selwood to Geelong)

38 Hawthorn

ROUND THREE
39 Carlton
40 Brisbane Lions
41 Gold Coast
42 Essendon
43 St Kilda
44 Melbourne
45 Collingwood
46 Greater Western Sydney
47 Geelong
48 Port Adelaide
49 Western Bulldogs
50 Richmond
51 Geelong (received from Adelaide as part of the trade for Patrick Dangerfield)
52 Sydney Swans
53 North Melbourne
54 Fremantle
55 West Coast
56 Hawthorn

ROUND FOUR
57 Carlton
58 Brisbane Lions
59 Gold Coast
60 Essendon
61 St Kilda
62 Melbourne
63 Collingwood
64 Greater Western Sydney
65 Geelong
66 Port Adelaide
67 Western Bulldogs
68 Richmond
69 Adelaide
70 Sydney Swans
71 North Melbourne
72 Fremantle
73 West Coast
74 Hawthorn

ROUND FIVE
75 Carlton
76 Brisbane Lions
77 Gold Coast
78 Essendon
79 St Kilda
80 Melbourne
81 Collingwood
82 Greater Western Sydney
83 Geelong
84 Port Adelaide
85 Western Bulldogs
86 Richmond
87 Adelaide
88 Sydney Swans
89 North Melbourne
90 Fremantle
91 West Coast
92 Hawthorn

ROUND SIX
93 Carlton
94 Brisbane Lions
95 Gold Coast
96 Essendon
97 St Kilda
98 Melbourne
99 Collingwood
100 Greater Western Sydney
101 Geelong
102 Port Adelaide
103 Western Bulldogs
104 Richmond
105 Adelaide
106 Sydney Swans
107 North Melbourne
108 Fremantle
109 West Coast
110 Hawthorn

ROUND SEVEN
111 Carlton
112 Brisbane Lions
113 Gold Coast
114 Essendon
115 St Kilda
116 Melbourne
117 Collingwood
118 Greater Western Sydney
119 Geelong
120 Port Adelaide
121 Western Bulldogs
122 Richmond
123 Adelaide
124 Sydney Swans
125 North Melbourne
126 Fremantle
127 West Coast
128 Hawthorn

West Coast Picks: 36, 37, 55, 73, 91, 109 & 127 (Not all currently active due to list spots)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back