Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree with you Lycett is a better player but I asked for your opinion and you told me.
Not many clubs seem interested in Lycett either as only inquiries are for Sinclair.
Which ever one we have has to handle being a second string ruckman to NN, on the flipside they have to do the things that NN does not do like take marks, and compete around the ground. Sinclair did that very well this year.
Ruck taps can be overstated sometimes, we dominated in this area and for the most part got silver service from NN, but we also have quite a few days we got beaten in clearences. That is NN fault as much as Sinclairs not to mention the midfielders.
Anyway it looks as though Sinclair is the one as no clubs are interested in Lycett, be a shame to lose a guy who as improved so much this year and is just entering the peak of his career.
I'm sure plenty of clubs are interested in Lycett. Port were last season.
We just have no interest in trading him. Sinclair is more expendable.

You're right he's terrible delist..Face palm !!

Now you are just being stupid.

Where did I say delist him? Where did I say he was a bad player? Our playing list has simply passed him and now he will simply be flexible depth.

To me this is not a bad thing. To me it tells me that our list has finally matured to the point where positionless bit players simply become depth players they always should of been if our list was stronger.

He is the 7th (Sheed and Duggan better prospects best midfielder before this trade period as he will be the 9th best afterward.

Our list has finally shed its training wheels.

Last edited:
One has played 29 games....one is arguably the best kick in the game and premiership player.

Pretty gard to argue that sinclair is more valuable
A players worth is dictated by what someone is willing to offer. Sydney has already approached West Coast and requested a direct swap, which implies that they value Sinclair on-par or higher than Jetta.

Masto no hurt factor? Correct me if I'm blind, but he had what BF universally agrees was a sh*t game against Norf in the prelim, but yet my eyes saw two perfect kicks (one on the left) lead to two goals. That's some hurt with a crap game. Masto's problem is that he can't come in and perform cold.

Contrary to popular opinion he also isn't soft.

You can see more clearly Mastens value to the team at the game than on TV. Many times I've seen a defender hold on to the ball with no options until Masten runs to space and provides one, does it more than any one imo. It's important because he then usually links up by hand with someone running past or kicks it forward himself. Keeps us flowing as a link man between defence and attack.

Yeah he has flaws but he's important as he keeps finding the space when others can't and stops us from getting bogged down because of his gut-running.

He is more athletic than Newman and his form in the VFL was superior to Newmans in the WAFL. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with Newman.
I am off the Newman band wagon , Only seen him play 1 good game at East Perth Anderson has to be better .

If we traded pick 17 for redden what do we have left for Jetta and Anderson?

Sinclair and picks 36 and 38-40ish?

what's the best and worst case scenario here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only problem with the Jetta trade is West Coast agreed to trade him in half way through the season ...we need to get the deal done or he goes to Fremantle .
We lost a little bargaining power in doing this but if Fremantle miss on McCarthy maybe they can afford Jetta , I sure dont want to lose Sinclair .

The only problem with the Jetta trade is West Coast agreed to trade him in half way through the season ...we need to get the deal done or he goes to Fremantle .
We lost a little bargaining power in doing this but if Fremantle miss on McCarthy maybe they can afford Jetta , I sure dont want to lose Sinclair .
I would like to see jetta at freo

Jack Watts 115 games, pick 1 in the 2008 national draft. Wouldnt be worth a pick before 40

what has games played and their draft position from 7 years ago got to do with anything?

Read it carefully. It is a comparison. Both players are very similar in all aspects including trade number, games played etc.

Mastens flaws balance out his positives. We all know how good his delivery inside 50 is, and also his running capacity, he can also train the house down.

Offset that with his useless overhead game, his absolute lack of hurt factor on the scoreboard, his poor contested ball winning ability, and his lack of composure.

Just pointing out things on either side of the argument doesn't suddenly win the argument for you.

Last edited:
Now you are just being stupid.

Where did I say delist him? Where did I say he was a bad player? Our playing list has simply passed him and now he will simply be flexible depth.

To me this is not a bad thing. To me it tells me that our list has finally matured to the point where positionless bit players simply become depth players they always should of been if our list was stronger.

He is the 7th (Sheed and Duggan better prospects best midfielder before this trade period as he will be the 9th best afterward.

Our list has finally shed its training wheels.
Im just over people having short memories ... Really gets my back up !! Masten will have a position next year and if he keeps contributing like he has been he won't have to worry about getting dropped....

If we traded pick 17 for redden what do we have left for Jetta and Anderson?

Sinclair and picks 36 and 38-40ish?

what's the best and worst case scenario here?

Sinclair COULD net us something else in the Jetta deal.......Jetta + pick

The Club has already rejected a straight Jetta - Sinclair deal so if Sydney want him (no idea how badly) they'll add a pick in there somewhere.

Anderson probably wont get off the ground.

I think Masto is currently an important member of our side, and in the best 22 right now. Having said that though, I don't think he is irreplaceable. With enough pressure coming from our developing mids, and those that we are bringing into the club, he might not be an automatic choice anymore. Alternatively, the added pressure for spots might drive him to improve his game even further.

Has there been anything official on colledge? Cause' apart from that one tweet I've seen nothing from the club or on the media forums.

I really don't care if we don't do anything further in this trade period.

**** Jetta and **** Anderson if they cost Sinclair.

We signed Lycett to a 4 year deal and if he is suffering from OP next year could effectively be rehabilitation for him too.

We trade out Sinkers and we are potentially looking at NN/McInnes rucking. I like Fraser and see upside many don't but I don't see him surviving rucking 40%+ game time at AFL level. Alternatively we have to go and use a pick on some other speculative, mature age Ruck from state level footy as coverage which has its own opportunity cost.

If Sinclair wants to go and is getting a bag of cash, more power to him but pushing him out the door for Jetta seems ridiculous.

I really don't care if we don't do anything further in this trade period.

**** Jetta and **** Anderson if they cost Sinclair.

We signed Lycett to a 4 year deal and if he is suffering from OP next year could effectively be rehabilitation for him too.

We trade out Sinkers and we are potentially looking at NN/McInnes rucking. I like Fraser and see upside many don't but I don't see him surviving rucking 40%+ game time at AFL level. Alternatively we have to go and use a pick on some other speculative, mature age Ruck from state level footy as coverage which has its own opportunity cost.

If Sinclair wants to go and is getting a bag of cash, more power to him but pushing him out the door for Jetta seems ridiculous.

Vozzo said on sen today we won't trade him unless he indicated wants to leave.

He didn't rule the trade out though, which I think could mean sinkers is keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back