List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Butler has been terrible apart from 2017 which it seems was a flash in the pan season. He doesnt get a game with us atm for damn good reasons.He has easily been passed by hungrier players who offer not just a fwd role.
Put yourself in a clubs shoes what would you offer up for Butler. Late 3rd 4th rounder is fine we can utilse it in ways to help us in trades and ND. Me if at another club id rather go to the rookie well than trade for a small fwd like Butler.

As for sml fwds we play two every week Castagna and Rioli. Theres also Aarts who by all reports has out performed Butler in the Vfl.Im not sure hes up to it either.
We also play a littany of small players who play fwd a fair bit who also play other roles making them far more valuable assets.. Lambert, Edwards, Stack, Bolton, Graham, Higgins when if he comes back Short started as a fwd when younger.

Then theres caddy martin cotchin bigger mids who have gone thru there the possibilities are endless.

Butler in recent seasons has become a liability who has refused to do the hard things and trying to be too cute by half. Based on current output and effort he wont be missed in the least.As a club and as a list we really do need to keep evolving.
A big part of why we stayed in the doldrums for so long was because we hung onto underperforming players for way to long.

If more recent premiership small forward like Rioli, goes down Butler is a pretty good option to have in reserve. Higgins is unknown for next season. Stack will probable already be in the team.

The salary cap space and new young players is also appealing.

lel

Jed Anderson was contracted and several clubs were interested as he was a gun junior who had struggled with injury and there seemed to be plenty of scope for him to improve. Butler we’ve seen 50 games from to get his level c grade player, which is why we pulled the contact offer.

We only paid pick 28 for Caddy, yet apparently Butler is going to net us a pick under 40. Not likely. He’s right in the delist zone any team can have him for free once he becomes a free agent at the end of October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We probably ended up paying infers for Caddy.
The problem we have with the Saints is they need all their picks for other players. So we will probably settle for something a bit under what Buttler may be worth to get the deal through.

so the question is do the saints have enough quality in the under26 group the equivalent to Richmond/WCE/Doggies/Hawthorn last premierships? i dunno

from a neutral perspective those names listed dont inspire that much hope
In 2010 I'd say nobody thought that Riewoldt Cotchin Edwards Rance Martin Astbury & Grimes would end up being the players that they have become, in fact I'd say that a few years after that there would have been doubts about a couple of them with Astbury and Grimes suffering ongoing injuries early on and even Dusty not really clicking until about 5 years later. Even as late as the end of 2016 I'd say there were still people questioning if they would reach their full potential. Just because you might not rate them at present it doesn't mean they can't all of a sudden click.

We probably ended up paying infers for Caddy.
The problem we have with the Saints is they need all their picks for other players. So we will probably settle for something a bit under what Buttler may be worth to get the deal through.
Well they shouldnt have champagne taste on a beer budget
They can always trade out players

I’m not too sure where these CCJ rumours started from but I haven’t read or heard on radio his name mentioned. I’d be surprised if he wants out, the way he sprinted out and embraced our players after the siren GF day, to me shows a player invested in the club

All he said was that he some what regrets signing a 2 year contract and at some stage will probably go back home. Nothing about him being traded this time around.

Also mate you may have not seen but Ellis was pretty much best on (behind Dusty of course) when celebrating and left us so your point is invalid.

All he said was that he some what regrets signing a 2 year contract and at some stage will probably go back home. Nothing about him being traded this time around.

Also mate you may have not seen but Ellis was pretty much best on (behind Dusty of course) when celebrating and left us so your point is invalid.
Ok so what you’re saying is that the rumours originated from you and that you have spoken to him??
If that’s the case fair enough you are just passing on what you have heard.
I’m not into questioning posters information I was merely wondering where it started and you’ve answered that question

"Who says the Saints don't have a new wave of future A grade players coming through." says RT. I think you made a fair assessment. When they all click they have quite a squad, but that is true for a lot of Clubs.

They have playing group featuring:
Real Quality - Ross Steele Billings Marshall Gresham
Marshall will become A-grade, if he isn't already. Billings for all his flaws is damn close too. Ross Steele and Gresham all have potential to be A grade, but may fall short

Touted- Acres Clark King Lonie McCartin
King should become A grade, one of the best big men in the making. Acres is probably better than most expect and should have been A grade by now, but injuries have slowed his progress. Hunter Clark has great traits and think he should make it. Lonie is strange cat, could be Stevie Johnson like, could be nothing. McCartin has been incredibly unlucky and we may never see his best

Needs based players Dunstan, Membrey, Phillips, Battle, Savage, Webster

Big questions. Could they get a couple of years from Hannerbery? Will Roberton Resume? Can Carlisle live up?

plus adding B.Hill Howard Z.Jones. I'm unconvinced about Butler. Attitude will be everything.

I would take any of that best 5 for our Ist round pick, next years 1st easily and still not expect to get any of them. Marshall could be worth anything by the end of next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wanted to say thank you for all the support! Now the dust has settled, it seems I did my job quite well as I have around 6 clients all wanting to talk about me working for them. So it seems being made redundant by a s**tstain of a company with zero notice has a silver lining.

The best bit, they can't replace me for 6 months or do my role, so I get to take the 320 clients with me when I decide what role I'll choose :)
What do you do?
Toilet technician is the rumor.

Ok so what you’re saying is that the rumours originated from you and that you have spoken to him??
If that’s the case fair enough you are just passing on what you have heard.
I’m not into questioning posters information I was merely wondering where it started and you’ve answered that question

Rumors are him being traded so not from me.

The fact was that he somewhat regrets his decision on extending his contract for 2 years and playing in SA appeals in the future. If that day ever does come but let’s hope not, he’ll have plenty of games under his belt and enough currency to receive something pretty decent for him

Love the dumbass journo on the channel 9 news in the trade room lol stating due to no trades having taken place over the last two days that there will be a flurry of action as the trade window closes. You cant trade on the weekends dumbass! Got to be the easiest job in the world nowadays

I hope Butler gets traded. He deserves a chance at a club that doesn't have small forwards bursting at the seems
He’s had plenty of chances with us that’s why hes a premiership player. After 17 he has turned into a dumb, selfish and lazy player. I was sick of his brain fades and attitude last year. Glad to see the back of him.

Toilet technician is the rumor.

The real term is Sanitary Engineer thank you, a little respect to Tiger17 at least - "he's takin care of business"

I hope Butler gets traded. He deserves a chance at a club that doesn't have small forwards bursting at the seems

Saints are not short of them either, Lonie, Gresham, Sinclair, Young and Long. Good luck Buts!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back