List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, cannot wait for Thursday afternoon so i don't have to hear any more of this cacky Schache bullshit.

I cant wait for the whole trade period to end. Surely after the slow progress of all deals so far this year, the AFL makes the trade period shorter. lt should be 7 days, 9AM Mon - 6PM Sunday. The AFL trading is the most labourious in world sport!!
Sam Murray for example, only a rookie listed player, and we want him, yet it can take 3 days to get the trade done!! These trades should be completed in a few hours.....annoying and a joke.

Has been a boring, slow trade period compared to previous years.

Port have done really well this trade period and can challenge for the flag next year. They have good players across every line.

Trade summary 17 October 2017.

Today, precisely nothing of interest or importance happened.

That's it, I got nothing. I'm so bored, I'm even out of belly button lint.

Time to mainline cocaine and frolic in the fields like a pony, a pony, a beautiful pony.

If only I could persuade Josh Schache to join me.

Good times...

I cant wait for the whole trade period to end. Surely after the slow progress of all deals so far this year, the AFL makes the trade period shorter. lt should be 7 days, 9AM Mon - 6PM Sunday. The AFL trading is the most labourious in world sport!!
Sam Murray for example, only a rookie listed player, and we want him, yet it can take 3 days to get the trade done!! These trades should be completed in a few hours.....annoying and a joke.

Totally disagree.

When you're buying a car or a house - how long does it take? To 1. Decide which one to get, 2. Decide on the cost/finances and 3. Actually get all the small print finalised?

These are 6-7 figure contracts over multiple years, in a league with a salary cap and finite players and list positions. Any bad decision not only costs you $-wise, but also has the opportunity cost of who else you could use that position/$ on.

No way should clubs be forced the rush these through - this is not about what is entertaining for the fans (though a profitable byproduct) this is about clubs doing a professional job.
In European football transfer periods go for 2 months (preseason) and 1 month (mid season), and in the NBA it continues all the way until the midpoint of the season.
That allows clubs and players the opportunity to take the time to get the best deals (though doesnt always happen) and you still get the increased attention approaching the deadlines.

But to limit the time to get these done to 3 days? That makes no sense to me. This is not fantasy football or FIFA 17/Football Manager.

If we miss out on him this year...we can always reload & have a full on crack at him next year.
We could also set up a ‘Schache watch’ thread...to track his daily progress.
tenor.gif

When they could just have played Tom Mc in that role as he's shown in the past he's more than capable. Maybe Oscar Mc and Frost aren't up to playing forward.

Certainly hope that's what they've recruited Lever for, will be fun to watch.

That's another reason the Lever was a strange recruitment. They had plenty of tall backs and didn't need another. they needed help for Hogan.

He'll give us a "F" for doing bugger all, when doing bugger all may well be our best play.

He'll never forget Ed putting the heat on him during the Last Days of Punt Road. Cans us every time. Would care if I trusted his opinion, but he's a massive Wally.

Trade summary 17 October 2017.

Today, precisely nothing of interest or importance happened.

That's it, I got nothing. I'm so bored, I'm even out of belly button lint.

Time to mainline cocaine and frolic in the fields like a pony, a pony, a beautiful pony.

If only I could persuade Josh Schache to join me.

Good times...
tenor.gif

I can hear Terry Wallaces squeaky voice now. Lockéd and loaded.

The Herald Sun is trash - both reporters and readers. Just look at every reader rating today of Robbo’s Top 50 for Collingwood players. All majority labelled overrated by readers, yet other players from other clubs have people agreeing with the rating. Or in the case of Essendon players, the majority is rating them as underrated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch the "experts" give Port an A+++.

When we brought in Treloar, Howe and Aish in and upgraded our first selection (a second round pick), pretty sure all we got was a B+ in the Herald Sun.

Port got all their recruits relatively cheaply, while we pay out the ass to get anyone in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll get you up to speed then:
Trengove = nothing
Impey = nothing
Ah Chee and 2018 4th = 2017 3rd

So to summarise, 3 fringe 22 players and a 2018 4th gone for a 3rd round pick.
They got a second rounder for Impey

Totally disagree.

When you're buying a car or a house - how long does it take? To 1. Decide which one to get, 2. Decide on the cost/finances and 3. Actually get all the small print finalised?

These are 6-7 figure contracts over multiple years, in a league with a salary cap and finite players and list positions. Any bad decision not only costs you $-wise, but also has the opportunity cost of who else you could use that position/$ on.

No way should clubs be forced the rush these through - this is not about what is entertaining for the fans (though a profitable byproduct) this is about clubs doing a professional job.
In European football transfer periods go for 2 months (preseason) and 1 month (mid season), and in the NBA it continues all the way until the midpoint of the season.
That allows clubs and players the opportunity to take the time to get the best deals (though doesnt always happen) and you still get the increased attention approaching the deadlines.

But to limit the time to get these done to 3 days? That makes no sense to me. This is not fantasy football or FIFA 17/Football Manager.

I wouldnt be comparing a 30 yr + investment to trading a AFL footballer....Your kidding right?

Watch the "experts" give Port an A+++.

When we brought in Treloar, Howe and Aish in and upgraded our first selection (a second round pick), pretty sure all we got was a B+ in the Herald Sun.
We paid absolute top dollar (overs) for Treloar, and were ripped off by Brisbane for Aish.

J.Howe the only one in that off-season we can claim as a trade 'win'

Sauce?

The only thing that was mentioned that I've seen was a one year extension extension back in 2016 and in *every* outlet you care to name he is listed as an FA.

If he had been given a one year contract extension with triggers for a second year then surely that would have been reported somewhere?

Then there's this:

Blair signed a one-year deal late last year to remain with the Magpies and feels like he’s playing for his career.

“At 26 I wasn’t overly keen to sign a one-year contract but I sort of feel like every season, whether I’m contracted or not, I’ve got to try and prove myself again and this year is no different,” he told RSN927.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...7/news-story/e80bb5d9a5803334d41a926ac55fd35e
Gleeson age fwik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back