List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It amazes me how none of the clubs are targeting our players contracted or not
What does that say about our list?
The fact we've locked away all our young talent with contracts makes it very difficult for them to target them. Clubs know we aren't going to be trading away our young core that we have spent 5+ years building.

Not sure about Higgins he has some up side but alot of downside...Pass..Garlett still interests me
I'm surprised at the reports of lack of interest in Garlett but some in Robinson. Maybe Carlton are asking too much but I'd rather Garlett any day.

Norf favourite for Higgins and another club has emerged late

Hope it's Carltoon and not us
Said it much earlier in the season but Higgins would be welcome in my book, especially as a FA. Sit him on a HBF and we have another rebounder to go with Houli. Means Morris goes back to being a defensive BP and then Grimes/Batchelor can play too.

Nothing solid has been said about us and even the insiders are struggling to get much concrete info. As we get closer to trade period beginning I wouldn't be shocked to see some more players being linked to us.

Said it much earlier in the season but Higgins would be welcome in my book, especially as a FA. Sit him on a HBF and we have another rebounder to go with Houli. Means Morris goes back to being a defensive BP and then Grimes/Batchelor can play too.

Nothing solid has been said about us and even the insiders are struggling to get much concrete info. As we get closer to trade period beginning I wouldn't be shocked to see some more players being linked to us.
Higgins is locked in at North I'm pretty sure.

The fact we've locked away all our young talent with contracts makes it very difficult for them to target them. Clubs know we aren't going to be trading away our young core that we have spent 5+ years building.

I'm surprised at the reports of lack of interest in Garlett but some in Robinson. Maybe Carlton are asking too much but I'd rather Garlett any day.
yep i reckon Garlett is just what we need in the forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regards as its hard to find what the facts are around here
I'm starting to believe a quality team also builds a quality supporter group after reading the player requests and also abuse dished out by Tiger posters;)

So if a person is in favour of a trade that you don't agree with they are a shit supporter of our club?

yep i reckon Garlett is just what we need in the forward line
Ive hated the little shit with a passion and cant stand his lack of defensive efforts this year. That said by god he would be handy at Jacks feet. If he dosent cost a lot i think hes a risk we could take

Ive hated the little shit with a passion and cant stand his lack of defensive efforts this year. That said by god he would be handy at Jacks feet. If he dosent cost a lot i think hes a risk we could take
he is the player we need in our forward half him and edward crumbing with dusty and lids will make a crack forward line

he is the player we need in our forward half him and edward crumbing with dusty and lids will make a crack forward line
I know and it pains me to admit it. We need his speed and goal sense. Just his lack of defensive effort goes against everything the club is trying to work towards

I know and it pains me to admit it. We need his speed and goal sense. Just his lack of defensive effort goes against everything the club is trying to work towards
is a fairly smart player if not kicking goals he would help set them up...get him and a hard bodied mid and we are a much better team already.....and never ever play thomas again...he is hopeless..

Maybe after dropping our knickers so quickly on Hampson last year the club don't want to give Carlton the impression we are an easy ****

How do people feel about trading Deledio?

My logic:
- Grigg needs to go
- Deledio loves Grigg
- Grigg has little value
- Deledio + Grigg has lots of value
- Deledio 27 (28 early next year) will not be any more valuable than he is now.

If a club say GWS would offer Shiel and O'Rourke would you take it?
****. No.

Generally whenever someone suggests trading Deledio I tend to skim over any further comments they make.
Ditto.

2nd rounder max for Levi.
Yep.

If our second pick was involved it would have to include a McDonough or a Batchelor IMO. Doubt we'd do that also and I'm not sure how excited North would be at securing our fringe players when they made a Prelim and we scraped into the 8..
I'd throw in Batch.

Another thing to consider is the possibility that the Hawks trade pick 18 to GWS for O'Rourke in a straight swap. That gives the Giants picks 18, 20 and 23. I'd offer them pick 11, Grigg and pick 31 for 18, 20 and 23. Gives us a nice little cluster of top 25 picks. GWS get an experienced mid and a higher pick.
Pick 11 will get us a really good youngster like Weller or Ahern. Won't get a kid that good with pick 18.

What I would look at is doing Greenwood for a swap of our first & second picks with North.
That is a terrible idea.

Said it much earlier in the season but Higgins would be welcome in my book, especially as a FA. Sit him on a HBF and we have another rebounder to go with Houli.
Sit is what he would do, given he doesn't run. Run is what we need.

****. No.

Ditto.

Yep.

I'd throw in Batch.

Pick 11 will get us a really good youngster like Weller or Ahern. Won't get a kid that good with pick 18.

That is a terrible idea.

Sit is what he would do, given he doesn't run. Run is what we need.
Multi-quote

killing post counts since 2014 :( :p

Perfect fit for us. Proven small forward over a number of seasons.

We should've got Betts for free $500,000 a season and maybe even more considering he wanted to go home to Adelaide last year though.
Fixed that for ya.

Multi-quote

killing post counts since 2014 :( :p
It's the considerate, efficient way to do it.

Fixed that for ya.

Forgot about the go home factor. I'd pay that for him though remembering you have to pay overs in FA. Won a couple of games for Adelaide off his own boot this season. 51 goals and 1st in goal assists in the comp. We've lacked a good small forward since Nathan Brown. We should target Garlett but I doubt be will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back