List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Dimma came in they had planned that 2015 is when they thought they would be primed. Probably won't b but that's what they have aimed for.

yeah been saying that myself. Thats why I believe 2015 trade period will be a make or break draft for us as IMO we have positioned our player payments to keep our must keeps while making sure we can be aggressive during that period to get the gun we need to force our window open. Will our list be ready by then? Fingers crossed.

What?
Deledio didn't play across half back at all this season.
Apologies! I was skipping between threads, mixed it all up :drunk:

Who in the back 6 would make way for Malceski if we had a go at him?

With next year being a year that figures to have more established players available (or thought to be ie. Dangerfield, Mitchell, Stevens etc) I like the idea of hitting the draft hard this year to make sure we have kids in this age range and be ready to forgo drafting many next year and finally (hopefully) fulfill the DOOZY prophecy

2015 ladder.
1. Sydney (64) 10. Brisbane (44)
2. Port (64) 11. West Coast (44)
3. Hawks (60) 12. Collingwood (40)
4. North Melb (60) 13. GWS (32)
5. Fremantle (56) 14. Bulldogs (28)
6. Geelong (52) 15. Essendon (28)
7. Richmond (52) 16. Carltank (28)
8. Gold Coast (48) 17. Saints (24)
9. Adelaide (44) 18. Melbourne (24)

2015 ladder.
1. Sydney (64) 10. Brisbane (44)
2. Port (64) 11. West Coast (44)
3. Hawks (60) 12. Collingwood (40)
4. North Melb (60) 13. GWS (32)
5. Fremantle (56) 14. Bulldogs (28)
6. Geelong (52) 15. Essendon (28)
7. Richmond (52) 16. Carltank (28)
8. Gold Coast (48) 17. Saints (24)
9. Adelaide (44) 18. Melbourne (24)

Why has that been posted here?

We aren't interested.

BUT he would be the second player picked in our back 6 behind Rance.

Morris - Astbury - Chaplin
Houli - Rance - Malceski

Very Very good leader, i wouldn't mind him but not sure where he would fit in our forward structure next year.

omg please tigers, please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope...pass...no pace...slow and confirmed it in the GF...

Ummm was pretty much Sydney's best player or close to it.

But the club is content with Newman and his 12 touches a game so this won't happen. :drunk:

Just heard that anyone know much about him ? Got pace ?

Extremely good athlete, seriously think he would be an almost perfect third tall forward for us, he plays taller then he actually is

We wont go for him and it frustrates me to no end. It's no coincedence the good clubs (Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, Freo, Port) are proactive at targetting certain players and getting it done in trade week. Instead of settling for the dregs every year why don't we put out hand up and target a player who would bolster our forward line?

Have to be Bachelor.

Love us to get him at the right price. I don't think he is worth 500k a year which is what he'll be wanting.

Membrey in as mobile 3rd tall forward, Deledio to HBF. Oh man that would be nice.

That's kind of my thought too, if we got him it would free up lids to play anywhere we wanted. But i also suspect lids will be the reason we don't get him as he is incredible off the HFF.

That's kind of my thought too, if we got him it would free up lids to play anywhere we wanted. But i also suspect lids will be the reason we don't get him as he is incredible off the HFF.

Could easily play them both

Membrey, Griffiths, Lids
Resting Mid, Jack, Lloyd/Gordon

I know I've said I'm happy that we're going to be quiet and I fully expect that to happen over trade period, but if things were to change and we found out that Greenwood wants to come across, I'd like us to explore the following:

Greenwood for a swap of first round picks and our second thrown in.
McDonough for Adelaides second pick.
Membrey for 3rd round pick or player swap.

But as I said I expect us to be quiet and not get involved in much unless Greenwood decides to leave.

With next year being a year that figures to have more established players available (or thought to be ie. Dangerfield, Mitchell, Stevens etc) I like the idea of hitting the draft hard this year to make sure we have kids in this age range and be ready to forgo drafting many next year and finally (hopefully) fulfill the DOOZY prophecy

I have it straight from the horses mouth that the club has had its eye on next year's free agency period for quite a while. This years pickings aren't worth paying overs for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back