Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our list is fine but relying on natural improvement two years in a row just isn't going to cut it anymore. Geelong will roar ahead of us, as will Port, as will the Bulldogs, Collingwood probably too if they get everyone they're trying to get.

I don't think this is going to pay off for Geelong, personally.

Which big guns are Port and the Dogs trading in to shoot them up the ladder?

I don't think this is going to pay off for Geelong, personally.

Which big guns are Port and the Dogs trading in to shoot them up the ladder?
It's certainly divisive but I love what Geelong have done. Identified gaps in their side in the 23-27 age bracket and just gone out and filled them. Top 4 contenders easily for me.

As for Port, they're bringing in Dixon and not losing anyone they want to keep. We all know their list is quality.

Dogs could easily improve again or stagnate. Actually reckon Suckling was a great pick up for them though. But I wouldn't be relying on our natural improvement being greater than theirs. In fact quite the opposite with Libba also to return. I could hack the club hitting the draft last year and backing the boys we have in, and it worked out well until Elimination Final day. But two years in a row? Gimme a break.

I don't necessarily believe it's due to a lack of effort. But I think we could see the effects as early as next season.

It's certainly divisive but I love what Geelong have done. Identified gaps in their side in the 23-27 age bracket and just gone out and filled them. Top 4 contenders easily for me.

As for Port, they're bringing in Dixon and not losing anyone they want to keep. We all know their list is quality.

Dogs could easily improve again or stagnate. Actually reckon Suckling was a great pick up for them though. But I wouldn't be relying on our natural improvement being greater than theirs. In fact quite the opposite with Libba also to return. I could hack the club hitting the draft last year and backing the boys we have in, and it worked out well until Elimination Final day. But two years in a row? Gimme a break.

I don't necessarily believe it's due to a lack of effort. But I think we could see the effects as early as next season.
LOL, in regards to geelong do you take notice of the inclusions and totally ignore the departures, will struggle to make the eight.
As for the bulldogs, got found out late in the season, sides were kicking cricket scores against them, they had a bottom 6 draw and cashed in on it, got lucky by playing all the big sides in the first 6 rounds, they will be like port were this year and struggle after teams do their homework on them and will have a tougher draw.
Port, see bulldogs.

To the people saying we missed out on Bennell... We were the ones that withdrew our interest not the other way around. Why would he bother to tour the club and have multiple meetings if he wasn't interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the people saying we missed out on Bennell... We were the ones that withdrew our interest not the other way around. Why would he bother to tour the club and have multiple meetings if he wasn't interested

Dusty did with GWS

LOL, in regards to geelong do you take notice of the inclusions and totally ignore the departures, will struggle to make the eight.
As for the bulldogs, got found out late in the season, sides were kicking cricket scores against them, they had a bottom 6 draw and cashed in on it, got lucky by playing all the big sides in the first 6 rounds, they will be like port were this year and struggle after teams do their homework on them and will have a tougher draw.
Port, see bulldogs.

Their midfield will be awesome. Top 8 team easily

So wasn't there mail that the Yarran deal was pretty much done and we would all be comfortable with the cost? Seems like not. TBH even though I've been all for getting Yarran for months, if Carlton demand pick 12 only I'd be happy for the club to walk away.

FFS you'd think there's some goodwill there after last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To get a bigger contract from Freo.

Why would he miss a medical if he wanted to join the club?

What's your problem?

essentially
ɪˈsɛnʃ(ə)li/
adverb
  1. used to emphasize the basic, fundamental, or intrinsic nature of a person or thing.
    "essentially, they are amateurs"

Fundamentally they got him for a 2nd rounder......because they had a minor downgrade of their first pick. Very minor.
Basically they got him for a 2nd rounder......because they had a minor downgrade of their first pick. Very minor.

Essentially they got him for a 2nd rounder.....because they had a minor downgrade of their first pick. Very minor.
The point is saying they essentially got him for xxxxx is useless.
They got him for what they got him for. Just say what they actually got him for.
Why say "they basically got him for late second rounder"? They didnt.
It cost them their first rounder and they got a 2nd round pick upgrade.

tumblr_mzeewkEsbf1rlv3nko1_500.gif

Who Geelong, is their grandpa backline going to stop the flood of goals going the other way and as soon as you put the clamps on fatty up front they struggle, no stevie j anymore to make something out of nothing.

Who Geelong, is their grandpa backline going to stop the flood of goals going the other way and as soon as you put the clamps on fatty up front they struggle, no stevie j anymore to make something out of nothing.

Motlop will be more than enough to cover Stevie J

So wasn't there mail that the Yarran deal was pretty much done and we would all be comfortable with the cost? Seems like not. TBH even though I've been all for getting Yarran for months, if Carlton demand pick 12 only I'd be happy for the club to walk away.

FFS you'd think there's some goodwill there after last year?

Paul Connors said he expects the deal to be done next week

Do they even have a KPD?
What happens every time when a young team shoots up the ladder unexpectedly one year.
They get a harder fixture, other teams dont get caught of guard and they fall down the ladder.
They have a really good list, just won't be up there next year.

Do they even have a KPD?
What happens every time when a young team shoots up the ladder unexpectedly one year.
They get a harder fixture, other teams dont get caught of guard and they fall down the ladder.
They have a really good list, just won't be up there next year.

I'm talking the Cats :drunk: Don't rate the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back