List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
AFL is reaming us. Everything that could’ve gone wrong so far, has gone wrong. Battle compo, the compo for the GWS spuds and Graham compo (or lack of).

Then you have f***wits like Cornes, Barrett, Brad Johnson and that big dumb oaf Josh Jenkins, etc. all talking down our players whilst simultaneously pumping up spuds like Neal-Bullen and John Noble.

John Noble is a f***ing spud. If we gave up a pick in the 60s for him I would throw up.
and yet pies are going to get our pick 13 for him because the cfl has intervened

I did like this sentence

View attachment 2135439
How about we take this a bit further, we're after 6 & 13 from GCS, 10 & 11 & 18 from Freo, with obviously a few picks back. It's not unrealistic and probably our asking price.

1-6-10-11-13-14-18-20 plus 24 that could be traded for an F1, keeping 32 for a slider

That's 40% of the picks inside 20

We're already seeing teams falling over themselves to get into the 1st round of this draft and it wouldn't be outrageous to think that 18 & 20 could be traded for 2 x F1's and 2 F2's Which could give us 4 x 1st round picks next year and 3 x 2nd round picks.

I know it's 'blue sky' thinking, but ya gotta dream

How are GC planning on matching the Lombard bid if they lose picked 13 and 23 to Collingwood and then 6 and 29 to us. We won’t be trading back shit if we’re only getting 29.

GC only have picks 41 and 50 worth a total of 685 points. Collingwood could return picks 52 and 55 worth 453 points but that is still only enough points to match a bid after 10. I don’t think they will want to go into deficit as points cost more next year.

Also, I don’t think we’ll accept 6 + 29.

You'd think so but the media are running with it. Yet for us asking for 10 & 11 for Bolton the media carry on like its overs.

It's insane.
And the carry on about Houston.
Shai gets a mention in an after thought

Probably because that would be straight up cheating?

It wouldn't be if you could sign & trade, which is what i have been saying.

The deal comes in, & based on the compo we reject it & match the Eagles offer.. We then negotiate a deal where we give them Graham for pick 26, but we pay 75% of the first 2 years & a 4th rounder. We end up with a great pick and the Eagles still have $1,000,000 in cap space & have a very average player in Graham to help them get to 14th place.

Or alternatively, the Eagles say -nah stuff having to trade with them, they will want pick 26 - just pay him another $100k to ensure they get around that at the compo.

Seems much better for me. We are then allowing clubs a way to have a choice in what they get vs this bullkaka they are peddling atm. The off-season is far far more interesting when you allow the list managers to cook. give them more ingredients and this shit would actually be exciting for once. Its such a dull period. The NBA trade period is legit up there with the playoffs/ Lots of drama, shock deals you are not expecting as the list managers are able to cook up some crazy ways to make cap space, get insane amounts of picks, etc. If they are going to this free agency shit, at least do it the most interesting way

AFL is reaming us. Everything that could’ve gone wrong so far, has gone wrong. Battle compo, the compo for the GWS spuds and Graham compo (or lack of).

Then you have f***wits like Cornes, Barrett, Brad Johnson and that big dumb oaf Josh Jenkins, etc. all talking down our players whilst simultaneously pumping up spuds like Neal-Bullen and John Noble.

I appreciate the use of “oaf” because that’s exactly what he is

Afl doesn't want us to dominate the draft lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling that if GC trade out 13 & 23 then Blair won't be too pleased at all, nor should he be.

6 alone won't get it done for our contracted B & F winner.

I'd be putting Gold Coast Cameron's head in a vice and squeezing hard.

Blair should ring Dimma and say "Mate, Craig Cameron is bottling this one, he isn't going to land you Dan, just thought you should know and hear it from me".

Pretty sure the offer will increase pronto.

How about we take this a bit further, we're after 6 & 13 from GCS, 10 & 11 & 18 from Freo, with obviously a few picks back. It's not unrealistic and probably our asking price.

1-6-10-11-13-14-18-20 plus 24 that could be traded for an F1, keeping 32 for a slider

That's 40% of the picks inside 20

We're already seeing teams falling over themselves to get into the 1st round of this draft and it wouldn't be outrageous to think that 18 & 20 could be traded for 2 x F1's and 2 F2's Which could give us 4 x 1st round picks next year and 3 x 2nd round picks.

I know it's 'blue sky' thinking, but ya gotta dream

Imagine doing a pure list rebuild over 2 seasons LOL

I get the feeling that if GC trade out 13 & 23 then Blair won't be too pleased at all, nor should he be.

6 alone won't get it done for our contracted B & F winner.

I'd be putting Gold Coast Cameron's head in a vice and squeezing hard.

Blair should ring Dimma and say "Mate, Craig Cameron is bottling this one, he isn't going to land you Dan, just thought you should know and hear it from me".

Pretty sure the offer will increase pronto.
I'll be pretty pissed if they give 23 to the pies. At worst we should be getting 6 & 23. If suns want to do that deal with Collingwood then offer them 13 & 29 for that F1. Pies are trying it on and the media are falling for it again.

How are GC planning on matching the Lombard bid if they lose picked 13 and 23 to Collingwood and then 6 and 29 to us. We won’t be trading back shit if we’re only getting 29.

GC only have picks 41 and 50 worth a total of 685 points. Collingwood could return picks 52 and 55 worth 453 points but that is still only enough points to match a bid after 10. I don’t think they will want to go into deficit as points cost more next year.

Also, I don’t think we’ll accept 6 + 29.
Good question , I can’t see for the flipping life how they trade 13 to pies for noble tho it does involve coll f1 which I say is top 12

It wouldn't be if you could sign & trade, which is what i have been saying.

The deal comes in, & based on the compo we reject it & match the Eagles offer.. We then negotiate a deal where we give them Graham for pick 26, but we pay 75% of the first 2 years & a 4th rounder. We end up with a great pick and the Eagles still have $1,000,000 in cap space & have a very average player in Graham to help them get to 14th place.

Or alternatively, the Eagles say -nah stuff having to trade with them, they will want pick 26 - just pay him another $100k to ensure they get around that at the compo.

Seems much better for me. We are then allowing clubs a way to have a choice in what they get vs this bullkaka they are peddling atm. The off-season is far far more interesting when you allow the list managers to cook. give them more ingredients and this shit would actually be exciting for once. Its such a dull period. The NBA trade period is legit up there with the playoffs/ Lots of drama, shock deals you are not expecting as the list managers are able to cook up some crazy ways to make cap space, get insane amounts of picks, etc. If they are going to this free agency shit, at least do it the most interesting way
Unfortunately for your scenario, you can’t pay a portion of the salary for an out of contract player. Like JG.

jay clarke has the colonwood sewage pipe fixed to his household where he drinks the pies shite every night for dinner
Never pictured you as a board of works employee.

Never pictured you as a board of works employee.

Board of Works, whatever happened to those campaigners?

Just looking up the key players in the Board of Works now I am delighted to find that the Engineer and Chief Planner for the same board from was none other than a certain Edwin Fullarton Borrie. After whom the quite uninviting Lake Borrie was named, the latter being a part of the Western Treatment Plant within the Greater Geelong region in the State of Victoria, Australia.

Well, hasn't this just made my day. Not only have I now a better understanding of exactly why upon deciding to take a hard hit in my youth I would declare I am going for a borrie. This in itself would have been gold enough. But to get the further bonus of confirmation said emissions found their way to the Greater Geelong region with unerring precision. And this was largely down to the excellent work and planning of the eponymous Mr Ed Borrie, who from 1929 for 30 years was the chief architect of a system that took my toxic emissions and directed them forthwith to where they actually belonged. The Geelong region. :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back