Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would people think about trading in Ladhams from Sydney for pick in the late 30's or early 40s?

He's 3 years younger than Nank and gives us decent insurance instead of kozi/balta/Pampson Ryan.

Is he good enough to play front line ruck?
I'm no expert on Ladhams so can't give you a good opinion there.
I get your thinking that if Nank goes down early in the year we are farked.
That said we could look to limp through to MSD and pick up a ruck for the back end of the year.
We have enough other options on the list to rotate through the ruck if we got desperate for 4-5 weeks if we need to.
We aren't contending next year, so I don't see it as a priority.
I'd look for another Naismith option (with better knees) for 1 year in the PSD and give our younger players another year to develop.

Another way to look at someone like Jack Graham if he stayed at Richmond is he could really help out the young star damaging mids we are likely to pick up in the draft. Graham can focus on defnding opposition mids and keeping pressure on them so the more damaging young players can focus more on just getting the ball and doing damage with it. If you just put a random young talented mid into the role he isn't going to be anywhere near as strong defensively, therefore not such great support for our top talents.
And where do Taranto, Hopper and Prestia play? Taranto is a very strong defensive two way runner, Prestia a great two way runner, Hopper should be by now. Our midfield is stacked with experience, the last place we need another with the youth we will inject through there.

West Coast would be open to trading its No. 3 pick to Richmond if it secures Liam Baker with all options open as both WA clubs await an official decision on the Tigers vice-captain.
The depth of the draft means the Eagles might be prepared to accept a pick back later in the top 10 if they secure their man.

Richmond’s new chief executive Shane Dunne this week warned rivals it will take something “extraordinary” to drag contracted players Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli out of Punt Rd.

Baker is uncontracted, and while he is leaning towards the Eagles, his management has told the Dockers and West Coast he is yet to come to an official decision.

Liam Baker could net Richmond pick three if he nominates West Coast. Picture: Will Russell/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Liam Baker could net Richmond pick three if he nominates West Coast. Picture: Will Russell/AFL Photos via Getty Images
With quality WA-based talent later in the first round like Bo Allan, the Eagles could be prepared to hand the Tigers a second top-three selection, secure Baker and then still take an early pick.

The Eagles will also secure pick 12 from Hawthorn as part of the Tom Barrass trade, but will also want another selection in this year or next year’s draft.

Hawthorn has made clear to the Eagles it will not play hardball, but West Coast will want more than pick 12 for the contracted premiership defender.

Despite some industry speculation, the Eagles are not particularly interested in uncontracted Hawks’ former top-10 pick Denver Grainger Barras, so at this stage he will not be part of that deal.

As Gold Coast’s Wayne Campbell said this week, the Suns would be fair in their dealings with Rioli, but Dunne has drawn his own line in the sand.

He told the Talking Tigers podcast that because the pair are contracted – although Baker is out of contract – the Tigers could play hard ball.

“Clearly those guys have made their decisions and that is what they want to look at and there are a whole range of reasons for that and we are supportive of that, however they are contracted players and it will take an extraordinary deal to make those moves,” Dunne said.

“We get to work with (the) clubs in WA – and Gold Coast – to make those deals happen. There is still a long time to go, there will be a lot of talk, but we are in control of that.”
Stop, stop, I can only get so hard.

If you think this years is bad, next years draft is one of the most compromised in recent history.

Do not trade for future picks next year, it's going to backfire.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
That means we should get in to next year's. If we have a heap of first rounders then we can trade well next year with the picks being more valuable.

Another way to look at someone like Jack Graham if he stayed at Richmond is he could really help out the young star damaging mids we are likely to pick up in the draft. Graham can focus on defnding opposition mids and keeping pressure on them so the more damaging young players can focus more on just getting the ball and doing damage with it. If you just put a random young talented mid into the role he isn't going to be anywhere near as strong defensively, therefore not such great support for our top talents.
Agree, but I would view that as a role Hopper could take on rather than Graham. We have Hopper on the list for 5 more years, might be the best way to get our value out of him.

where the number falls its irrelevant, we were never going to get Ashcroft, Lombard & Kako, Ben Camporeale, Welsh and Marshall our pool of players wont change even if pick 23 falls to 30.
Wrong.
Essendon now will be able to select a player before Kako and take out a player we may have had interest in. Then use their later picks to match for Kako.

What would people think about trading in Ladhams from Sydney for pick in the late 30's or early 40s?

He's 3 years younger than Nank and gives us decent insurance instead of kozi/balta/Pampson Ryan.

Is he good enough to play front line ruck?
I understand your logic and think we will definitely have to get a mature ruckman in but I think there are better/younger options available than Ladhams. I watched a bit of box hill this year due to knowing the coach and he really impressed at times. He’s only 21 and relatively raw but he’s a big lad, 206cm. Should be in his prime in 2-3 years when nank calls it a day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand your logic and think we will definitely have to get a mature ruckman in but I think there are better/younger options available than Ladhams. I watched a bit of box hill this year due to knowing the coach and he really impressed at times. He’s only 21 and relatively raw but he’s a big lad, 206cm. Should be in his prime in 2-3 years when nank calls it a day.
Isn't that why we signed Ryan for 3 more years. (Vomits in mouth)

Everyone else does it

Freo sells 9, 10 & 17 to WC for 3 & 23.

We get 3 & (Freo’s existing) 27 for Shai, and from WC we get 10, the Hawks Barrass pick (12), or more likely 17 for Baker.

WC turns 3 & 23 into Baker, 9, 10 & Graham, Freo gets Shai & we get 3, 6, 10/12/17, 20 & 22 (Graham comp).

Add 6 & 20 (ideally 13 but would need to help them out with plenty more points going back) for Rioli & then trade later picks for Brisbane’s 1st.

1, 3, 6, 10/12/17, (say) 14, 20, 21, 22, 27

It’s not hard

2234-1395 = 839, =Pick 23.

No deal

maybe they throw in their F2, and we do it
Draft points don’t mean as much as people like to think they do imo

If the difference between pick 10 and 3 is the difference between getting a player we specifically want vs praying one of our targets slide we should make that trade

Everyone else does it

Freo sells 9, 10 & 17 to WC for 3 & 23.

We get 3 & (Freo’s existing) 27 for Shai, and from WC we get 10, the Hawks Barrass pick (12), or more likely 17 for Baker.

WC turns 3 & 23 into Baker, 9, 10 & Graham, Freo gets Shai & we get 3, 6, 10/12/17, 20 & 22 (Graham comp).

Add 6 & 20 (ideally 13 but would need to help them out with plenty more points going back) for Rioli & then trade later picks for Brisbane’s 1st.

1, 3, 6, 10/12/17, (say) 14, 20, 21, 22, 27

It’s not hard
its confusing !

Is there any world he gets 5x$925k from WC?
I believe you are referring to fairy land, where everyone rides on unicorns to work, Football is played using fairy floss and the elves will sell you a jar of rainbows on the cobbled street-corners. This is the world where Graham commands a contract like the above

Draft points don’t mean as much as point like to think they do imo

If the difference between pick 10 and 3 is the difference between getting a player we specifically want vs praying one of our targets slide we should make that trade

This year the top 6ish are very very good, then it slips to just very good. So for us we get another very very good pick, and WC get a very good player + Baker. Given how stacked we are it makes sense. And maybe for WC they get Baker to help rebuild their culture and competitiveness whilst still rebuilding their list. I guess that all makes sense. If the clubs are mature it might work.

If we got FOS and Smith I would be so incredibly happy. X factor who does it all and a guy with leather poisoning and leadership. Pretty much set up the midfield for a decade +.

Then we get to fill up with all the other good picks we have. Could have a solid to deep midfield, maybe a good KPF, and then small forward/HBF in one year. :screamcat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:

Isn't that why we signed Ryan for 3 more years. (Vomits in mouth)
Yeah look mate I try to stay pretty positive about AFL players because I’ve known quite a few guys that haven’t made it but under different circumstances probably had the talent but yeah I just don’t see it with Samson either. Let’s hope he proves us all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back