Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidding , I hope this is part of fa compo equation, I’d seriously rather keep macca for a year to bolster experience
JG is exactly the type we need to improve to start winning games
Him
And kozi are wooden spoon specials
Graham is a wooden spoon special? The guy that won a flag in his 5th game of AFL? Played a pretty impactful role that day too.

Do some commenters on this site have amnesia or something?

Blair signing Graham for 4 years is almost as bad as Samson Ryan for 3 years.

I like Blair but I feel he may have lost the absolute plot here.

This is farcical a decision as I can remember. 4 years for Graham? Really?

The Office I Give Up GIF
Have you seen our list? It doesn't matter. We can sign these guys on for 3 years and tell em to never bother showing up and it will make 0 difference.

We will struggle to reach the cap floor, so we need to spend money. We've turned over so much of the list and losing so many players this year that list spots also don't matter. We literally have to have some filler players.

This isn't 5 years ago where every list spot and $ spent is important. Guys that we would've given 1 or 2 years will get an extra 1-2 on top.

He is still young and has a great ethic, might not be the fastest player but with what we are loosing we still need experience. He deserves some respect. His a Richmond Man.
Come get me!!
Its 1 or 2 things with this
  1. We genuinely want to keep him as he is in the age bracket that we dont have many players left. He is a hard worker and most of the time is a team first player.
  2. we have upped the offer to make sure we get as higher pick as possible...

Thought Graham looked decent in the 2nd half of the year in the few games he played

Looked to be hunting the ball more

With us needing to spend the cash anyway I would prefer we kept him over some mercenary journey man who would of offered the same output anyway

What would people think about trading in Ladhams from Sydney for pick in the late 30's or early 40s?

He's 3 years younger than Nank and gives us decent insurance instead of kozi/balta/Pampson Ryan.

Is he good enough to play front line ruck?
Someone told me he's probably the dumbest player he's ever met in the AFL bubble. When at Port they were doing time trials and Ladhams hat flew off in the wind, he ran back to go get it almost taking out his teammates.

In team meetings he has no idea what they're talking about and is just an all round unintelligent man - and it looks like Sydney learnt that pretty quickly after trading for him - buyers remorse.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk

Someone told me he's probably the dumbest player he's ever met in the AFL bubble. When at Port they were doing time trials and Ladhams hat flew off in the wind, he ran back to go get it almost taking out his teammates.

In team meetings he has no idea what they're talking about and is just an all round unintelligent man - and it looks like Sydney learnt that pretty quickly after trading for him - buyers remorse.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
Would explain the nickname 'The Peanut'

Thought Graham looked decent in the 2nd half of the year in the few games he played

Looked to be hunting the ball more

With us needing to spend the cash anyway I would prefer we kept him over some mercenary journey man who would of offered the same output anyway
And he was hitting the score board. Full year like that with more responsibility and we would all be frothing.

Needs some luck on the injury front too.

But can see the logic in us wanting to retain him given who we are likely to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham is a wooden spoon special? The guy that won a flag in his 5th game of AFL? Played a pretty impactful role that day too.

Do some commenters on this site have amnesia or something?

Oh please, that's about the best footy he ever played for us.

Besides the occasional great game he has largely been vanilla since then and hasn't improved.

Slow. Doesn't get enough ball. He's an ordinary depth player, and if we can secure a 2nd round compo pick for him we should take it and run.

He is still young and has a great ethic, might not be the fastest player but with what we are loosing we still need experience. He deserves some respect. His a Richmond Man.
Come get me!!
Mate, come here, I've got this bridge to sell you.

I swear you campaigners can't see the forest from the trees. He was HORRENDOUS this year. Just think about what he served up this year and not just the last 3 games when he was putting himself in the shop window. I know he has done some amazing things for this club but we have West Coast coming along trying to acquire his services which is likely going to net us a compensation pick in the low 20's in a very deep draft.
If it's me, I'd much rather take the chance on a kid who our recruitment team has been tracking for 3+ years then put up with another 4 years of the same crap Graham will dish out.
We know his ceiling, and his head is firm up against that ceiling right now.

Bloody hell.

Its 1 or 2 things with this
  1. We genuinely want to keep him as he is in the age bracket that we dont have many players left. He is a hard worker and most of the time is a team first player.
  2. we have upped the offer to make sure we get as higher pick as possible...
I'm leaning towards option 2.

I think this is part of a good will dealing with WCE.

We get a better than expected compo pick for Graham and will accept a pick in the 20's for Baker instead of asking for the Barrass compo pick.

they get to keep their high compo pick, we get a little over for Graham and with the Baker pick end up with 2 picks in the early 20's

I'm leaning towards option 2.

I think this is part of a good will dealing with WCE.

We get a better than expected compo pick for Graham and will accept a pick in the 20's for Baker instead of asking for the Barrass compo pick.

they get to keep their high compo pick, we get a little over for Graham and with the Baker pick end up with 2 picks in the early 20's
Precisely.

Precisely.

I don’t like it though, fine compensation for Graham but the Baker trade is way off.

Pick 23 will probably end up being pick 30.

FA compo for Battle and Graham will move it to pick 25. There’s still a couple other FA’s that are a small chance to get compo before pick 25.

Then we have the bid matching circus.

Ashcroft, Lombard & Kako are all but guaranteed to attract a bid before pick 25. Then there is a chance Ben Camporeale, Welsh and Marshall get bids.

In effect the two picks end up late 20s/early 30s while pick 12 ends up being around 15. Baker is worth around 15.

I don’t like it though, fine compensation for Graham but the Baker trade is way off.

Pick 23 will probably end up being pick 30.

FA compo for Battle and Graham will move it to pick 25. There’s still a couple other FA’s that are a small chance to get compo before pick 25.

Then we have the bid matching circus.

Ashcroft, Lombard & Kako are all but guaranteed to attract a bid before pick 25. Then there is a chance Ben Camporeale, Welsh and Marshall get bids.

In effect the two picks end up late 20s/early 30s while pick 12 ends up being around 15. Baker is worth around 15.
What we end up getting for Baker is still to play out. I wouldnt be making too many assumptions this early.

A few things need to fall into place first in regards to what exactly West Coasts hand will look like, including what picks and players go where from other deals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back