List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curnow will be a serious consideration for the club. He is like a Prestia trade in 2016 but will cost less. Perfect mid 20s mid forward talent to replace Riewoldt and lengthen our window. The kid is a legitimate gun.
How often does he get on the park?

Opposition supporters thinking we were gonna get a pick in the 50's for Chol only to see pick 39 come our way....

View attachment 1251169
Lots of misinformation out there though. Is it pick 38, 39 or 40...have seen three different reports, all different ...the melts by club sycophants masquerading as "journalists" is delicious. Great off season entertainment. images (17).jpeg

How often does he get on the park?
That’s the calculated risk, he appears to have been pretty reckless in his recovery which is a strong reflection of the environmenT he’s in , didn’t he do a knee shooting hoops ? , was another in the shower or am I thinking of cogs
You’d have to take all that into account and that’s why you get him for 15 rather than top 10

Dogs already in talks with the Tigers regarding pick #17 according to Melbourne Uni.

its good that the Dogs are in talks with us rather than the other way round.
Means their keen as mustard and we don't come across as being the desperate ones.

Risk v Reward

Risk is too great imo.

The obvious concern is his injury history and it’s impact on his athleticism and then his ability to play regularly.

Then there’s his price tag. Ok he might be on a performance based contract but will still be on decent coin based on potential upside. Let’s keep the cap space to make a play for a young star or FA (that’s fit and healthy) when JR and Cotch retires
I’m not sure if there’s any truth to the rumour but if there is any part of it true and we don’t need to pay him heaps (I get his on 800k a year) but the risk IMO is worth it. We have ageing stars who will give it a fair crack next year but getting a Curnow in his prime years could go from us having 1 good year next year to rebuilding quickly and in the hunt for many.. that’s my option but I’m not for paying him a whole lot salary rise

Would Adelaide take 15 and 17 for pick 4? That gets them Dawson and still a decent first rounder. Likely still gets us one of Ward/Callaghan and we keep 7
I'd prefer we chase either Stk or Ess 1sts this year(9 & 11) who will be into B king bigtime next year for our future 1st.
Gives us a chance of getting both picks 2 & 3 if we play our cards right.

I’m not sure if there’s any truth to the rumour but if there is any part of it true and we don’t need to pay him heaps (I get his on 800k a year) but the risk IMO is worth it. We have ageing stars who will give it a fair crack next year but getting a Curnow in his prime years could go from us having 1 good year next year to rebuilding quickly and in the hunt for many.. that’s my option but I’m not for paying him a whole lot salary rise
His contract value is the chief reason it’s likely bs , at his age why would he agree to considerably less, if 29/30 maybe to get some tenure , not at 24

The Adelaide locals would melt down the Rundle Mall silver balls in fury if they agreed to that.

Our pick 7 would have to be included in any deal to trade up as things stand.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would have to be something like this:
4 & 23 for 7 & 17

Gotta be more to it , must be on like 500 that they will take up , salary dump

Spot on. He is on $500k.
GC need picks for next year when they can offload some unwanted deadwood.

They stuffed up list management. Similar scenario to Collingwood last year.

North to take on practically the whole $500 k and that is why a future 2nd or possibly 3rd being discussed.

Will be interesting to see if it passes the AFL sniff test but seeing it is GC involved they will let anything through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chol is 25 the start of next season. He already is at 90% of what he will be as a player. He's been in the system 6 years.

CCJ turned 22 recently. It could go either way with him but if it goes the way of reaching his potential, this will end up as a terrible trade for Richmond.
They both got limitations , I’ll stick my neck out right here and now and declare we haven’t let go of a 50g a year key forward , if I’m wrong I’ll shout first punter here with a furphy 6 pack

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. He is on $500k.
GC need picks for next year when they can offload some unwanted deadwood.

They stuffed up list management. Similar scenario to Collingwood last year.

North to take on practically the whole $500 k and that is why a future 2nd or possibly 3rd being discussed.

Will be interesting to see if it passes the AFL sniff test but seeing it is GC involved they will let anything through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Salary dumping is legit , coll did last year with treloar, Stephenson and Phillips , all salary’s went with player , treloar partly

Surely this makes things easier.

North
CCJ + 38 (Chol compo)

For

Richmond
Pick 20

Theyre getting CCJ and all they're doing is downgrading their 2nd round pick.

Leaves us with picks 7, 15, 20, 26, 28, 41 and 46.
Pick 20>>Curnow

Salary dumping is legit , coll did last year with treloar, Stephenson and Phillips , all salary’s went with player , treloar partly
None of those trades had negative value though. Negative value trades are illegal under AFL rules.

Where they might get away with it though is trading pick 19 for a future second, as there's probably only a couple of spots in that. I can't see the AFL allowing North to get pick 19 by trading a future third though. That's very obviously a negative value trade.

Perhaps read the last 100 pages and you will understand the situation. Its not about Fair, ability or other things, it is the situation and reality.

Yeah, I was trying to do that last night - skimming through 150 pages in half an hour before I went to bed. I thought my eyes were playing up on me.

I understand the point you guys are making. I just hope we can find a way to get more out of them than that.

That’s the calculated risk, he appears to have been pretty reckless in his recovery which is a strong reflection of the environmenT he’s in , didn’t he do a knee shooting hoops ? , was another in the shower or am I thinking of cogs
You’d have to take all that into account and that’s why you get him for 15 rather than top 10

I don’t think Voss would agree to losing him straight away. He’s been dropped into a win now position. He’d need to know something else is coming back player wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick 28, 41 + 46 ( 1420 points) to WBD for #17 ( 1025 points)

Would work out well for the Dogs as they could then on trade pick 28 for more points

This would leave us 7,15,17,26, 38
even 38, 41, 46 is more points than 17 (although may get pushed out with F/S and compo).

Pick 28, 41 + 46 ( 1420 points) to WBD for #17 ( 1025 points)

Would work out well for the Dogs as they could then on trade pick 28 for more points

This would leave us 7,15,17,26, 38
Think this is one of the more likely routes we take, gonna need to give the dogs a reason to pull the trigger on the trade and a 400 point gain is a great carrot for them that doesn't really affect us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back