List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched trading day on Fox they think we should trade for Mitchell or o’meara

Its a propaganda show for other clubs.

Dal Santo is not a Tigers supporter, he gets paid by Fox and his association with the AFL not Richmond.

He wants bums on seats to feed his salary, he does not want Richmond premierships and thus the conspiracy begins.

Dal Santo wants us to do a Geelong, its entertainment to support his salary

We have a fantastic draft hand. Lets just go to the draft get the best 4 or 5 kids we can and look forward to next season. I like Ward I will be disappointed if he isnt a tiger on draft night but thats no reason to suggest that our club is no good at trading. And one more thing clubs like Bulldogs probably dont want to give us another pick like 17. Why would they they see us as competitor in terms of winning next years flag. They dont want to make us stronger. Sometimes denying your competitor something they want is better than doing sonething that makes them stronger in the long term

We've done sweet fu** all to improve our position at the trade table for years now. Tom Lynch as a free A the last thing we've done, then sat on our laurels.
How exactly do you think we got Picks 15, 28, 42 & 47 for this years draft?

Its a propaganda show for other clubs.

Dal Santo is not a Tigers supporter, he gets paid by Fox and his association with the AFL not Richmond.

He wants bums on seats to feed his salary, he does not want Richmond premierships and thus the conspiracy begins.

Dal Santo wants us to do a Geelong, its entertainment to support his salary
V e r y insightful MM that’s exactly what they want

It’s no pick 17 but I guess 11 will do

Knightmare would not like it, its not a pick between 15 and 30.

In fact if what Knightmare says is true Essendon should be trading to us a future second a future second. We are trading into a area no-one really wants to be in.

Can we ask the RFC team to quote Knightmare when negotiating the trade details for this trade so we get extra bang for buck?

We a losing 15 and 28 in the 15-30 zone and getting pick , 11. For Knightmare hell would freeze over and we have been royally screwed

Hartley still living off the Tom Lynch gain. Done nothing else of note. Pee him off

FFS even Greg Miller got Carey and Longmire to #lolNorf.
Out of interest, have you ever met Blair in person, or been to one of his presentations? Very impressive individual and clearly knows what he’s doing

and there it is, despite you all hanging shit on me for being nervous that we were dragging out feet and likely to miss out, the dogs pick is gone and we're gonna be stuck with a bunch of useless 20/30/40 range picks that we either lose because we cant use them or trade for a big loss for future picks. whoopie.

lets be real, other than 1 golden year our trading had been shiftul and our first round drafting hasnt improved a whole lot overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a fantastic draft hand. Lets just go to the draft get the best 4 or 5 kids we can and look forward to next season. I like Ward I will be disappointed if he isnt a tiger on draft night but thats no reason to suggest that our club is no good at trading. And one more thing clubs like Bulldogs probably dont want to give us another pick like 17. Why would they they see us as competitor in terms of winning next years flag. They dont want to make us stronger. Sometimes denying your competitor something they want is better than doing sonething that makes them stronger in the long term
That’s not as silly as it sounds , watching the cerra trade from sidelines , I wonder whether it would have been as simple as pick 7 like it is 6 or bellend would have bent us over for 7+15 , reckon they would have

We traded in Prestia and Caddy who are premiership players, life members and one of them is a B&F winner. Nank? Jacob Schillaci?

But that’s fu** all.
That was before Lynch is my point. We haven't looked to stay ahead of the curve and keep improving. Flag teams can still do this, Melbourne already have.

So pick 18 and 17(Higgins), not exactly a lay down win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going to reserve judgement until after the trade and draft periods before I start acting like the sky is falling

That was before Lynch is my point. We haven't looked to stay ahead of the curve and keep improving. Flag teams can still do this, Melbourne already have.

Melbourne are only just starting, we have had 4 years of it.

I'll be alone in this but I'd take O'Meara for pick 15.
I would do 7 and our 2022 first round for GWS pick 2 and a future third back.
Pick 15 for O'Meara.

That means we bring in, at worst, Callaghan and O'Meara.
I think O'Meara in our system shines, but its a risk.

and there it is, despite you all hanging sh*t on me for being nervous that we were dragging out feet and likely to miss out, the dogs pick is gone and we're gonna be stuck with a bunch of useless 20/30/40 range picks that we either lose because we cant use them or trade for a big loss for future picks. whoopie.

lets be real, other than 1 golden year our trading had been shiftul and our first round drafting hasnt improved a whole lot overall.

I would of said more emotional

Yeah but we did do that after 17. We brought in the biggest free agent available in Lynch.

we have to pay our stars. Next year is the year we get back into the FA market. We will have cash to burn.

and there it is, despite you all hanging sh*t on me for being nervous that we were dragging out feet and likely to miss out, the dogs pick is gone and we're gonna be stuck with a bunch of useless 20/30/40 range picks that we either lose because we cant use them or trade for a big loss for future picks. whoopie.

Fmd so we built a list that WON 3 AFL flags 1 vfl and r/up by a complete accident , spare me . That’s one of the most idiotic posts I’ve seen, and that’s saying something

Still think we should have a crack at Tom Mitchell. Picking up Tarrant shows we still are in the window to strike in the next two years. The midfield needs help and needs it right now.

If we can somehow get a deal done to get Mitchell but keep our first pick I’d be all for it. We have plenty of picks maybe we can package something up.

Get a good kid for the future but get a ready made midfielder who can help us immediately while we still have a year or two left of really being a contender.

I think if we were going down this path you would be shooting for a J

Interesting to see what he gets traded for. If it's for a mid round pick I would've done it. Finlayson would walk into our team given the lack of tall forwards.

I hope we have a plan for the forward line that doesn't rely on Jack Riewoldt for much longer.

Also would've gone after Dunstan given he was so cheap.

Spud in big games and a limited player.

What people also need to remember is that the club actually doesnt look at the numbers but players available at range they would be expected to be selected. E.G If we have Amiss & JVR rated a pick between 15-20 and we have a pick in that range we are happy and if we expect them to go earlier we will do what we can to get a pick at that range.

Ideally we would love 3 picks inside 20 and or 5 inside 30. I would be extremely happy to go to the draft with 7 - 15 - 22 - 26 - 28

I would love to play Poker with some people on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back