Garthwaite
Biggy
Cumberland

Rookies

Stack (poised to sign for 1 year)
Egg
Miller

Not that hard to have 5 spots open
pretty sure miller needs to come onto the main list, and most on here want cumberland and biggy retained

thats the kind of head in the sand response i'd expect.

tell me the good trades we've done outside of that one 2016 period?

tell me how well higgins, lennon, ellis, conca, vickery, elton are going for us as first round picks? even rioli isnt very popular on here, and b ellis was lucky to be in the team most weeks once we came good.

Grimes, Astbury, Broad, Baker, Houli, Short, Nankervis, Graham, McIntosh, Castagna, Pickett Balta, Bolton and Lynch are all multiple premiership players we got 25+ in the draft, rookies or a FA for nothing. Not to mention Grigg, Soldo and Butler aswell who won flags aswell...

I wouldn't be throwing stones at anyone given your obsession with everything North Melbourne over the past week.

Hardly Mr Rational.... Just saying.
My Obsession as you have called it dates way back to longer than 1 week mate , Its actually disdain for the sh!t stain club and their minnow beggar mentality dating back to the 70's

I'll be alone in this but I'd take O'Meara for pick 15.
I would do 7 and our 2022 first round for GWS pick 2 and a future third back.
Pick 15 for O'Meara.

That means we bring in, at worst, Callaghan and O'Meara.
I think O'Meara in our system shines, but its a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the clubs that needed picks for bids are doing their trades have done their deals, and we are nowhere to be found. tell me what exactly are we going to do with the 3-4 3rd and 4th round picks that we deliberately traded for but arent going to use?
Clubs like the Dogs and Pies may want to trade back into the draft once they have used the picks they hold for bids and we could score some future picks

Still plenty to play out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My honest opinion here

History has shown, Richmond would rather trade for live picks on Draft night.

They have specific players targeted. Dependent on how the draft progresses, they'll have plenty of leverage with the plethora of their live picks, to adjust throughout the night.

And if they end up requiring to pass on Pick 44 or something? They'll just trade it to another team for their future 3rd rounder. Last year was a great example- apparently we wanted Finlay McCrae, Collingwood picked him before us, then we traded our pick to Geelong

The good clubs have a plan on draft night, and execute it. The bad clubs (Carlton), get overwhelmed by the occasion and treat it like Fev at the TAB.

Our prerogative here may not be to move from 15 to 11 (lol), but to approach draft night with the intention of clawing up the pecking order when it suits us, and omitting/trading picks when it also benefits us.

How many teams in the AFL have 2 x first round & 2 x second round picks this year?

None, and we have done a single thing this trade period to get them.

Yet if you read through this thread everyone is losing their minds because Melbourne got pick 17 this year by trading their R1 pick next year. Heaven forbid they have a year like us this year, next year and lose a top 10 pick.

We still have 7 days to sit back and see what unfolds during the trade period in terms of bringing in or sending out players and then we've got the period up to the draft for pick swaps and then we've got live trading on the night when teams who are keen on a slider may come calling wanting one of our second round picks or even our first round picks.

We're 3 days in to what is effectively a 6 week trade period in terms of swapping picks.

the clubs that needed picks for bids are doing their trades have done their deals, and we are nowhere to be found. tell me what exactly are we going to do with the 3-4 3rd and 4th round picks that we deliberately traded for but arent going to use?
St Kilda , Carlton , Adelaide just to name 3 off the top of my head will be needing picks on draft night and we could easily trade into next year
Doggies & Pies will not be taking picks #22 & #23 into the draft. Freo will only have #6 , #8 , #19 , #27 and will most likely trade #19 for Clarke but with the WA talent and their 2 NGA kids will need points as well . St Kilda also have 2 academy kids with Owen likely going 20-30 range.
Lions have ashcroft boy expected to be top 5 pick next year and might look to off load 2022 picks.

The options are endless

How many teams in the AFL have 2 x first round & 2 x second round picks this year?

None, and we have done a single thing this trade period to get them.

Yet if you read through this thread everyone is losing their minds because Melbourne got pick 17 this year by trading their R1 pick next year. Heaven forbid they have a year like us this year, next year and lose a top 10 pick.

We still have 7 days to sit back and see what unfolds during the trade period in terms of bringing in or sending out players and then we've got the period up to the draft for pick swaps and then we've got live trading on the night when teams who are keen on a slider may come calling wanting one of our second round picks or even our first round picks.

We're 3 days in to what is effectively a 6 week trade period in terms of swapping picks.
I don't think anyone has any issue with this, it's more about trading the back ended picks which may be hard or not as valuable later on.

pretty sure miller needs to come onto the main list, and most on here want cumberland and biggy retained

Miller is a first year rookie this year so no need to upgrade. Cumberland and Biggy may or may not be retained who knows what the club will do.

It’s fair to say the club is keeping their options open on how many picks we may take to the draft.

How about

Pies 22 + 36 for 28 + 38 + 42 or 47 (either one of the 40’s picks = more points)

Leaves us with 7 + 15 + 22 + 26 + 36 + 42or47 + whatever we get for CJ

Thoughts?

5 point upgrade and another minimal upgrade??

meh.

I think we need to assess this further and continue on trend.

What we know?

We know Melbourne do not really care for draft picks because they are in the now.

Do they think Mac Andrew will slip to 17? Is 15 important to them

Melbourne are arguably more likely to do a trade than others because draftees not as relevant. Same with Bulldogs and Brisbane in particular in terms of trading out 2022 first as well as 14 and 18 may not suit them.

Is Brisbane interested in 7 for 14 and 18 hypothetically and we give them 15 for their 2022 first off the top of my head without even thinking about it

The other thing we know is Collingwood and Bulldogs will be looking for more points to use other picks unless trying to trade for a specific pick. Collingwood are limited in terms of futures as well.

Other clubs will be aware of Bulldogs and Pies picks for points to in twenties and because they are less value they will be more capable but they also will not want to give away much because only have so many picks later

Thinking about this we probably should trade separately for 22 and 23 using 26 and 28 but how is yet to be determined. Pies will probably like a future to if they can

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has any issue with this, it's more about trading the back ended picks which may be hard or not as valuable later on.

Exactly. Turning relatively junk picks into the pies 2022 draft hand or dogs 1st were the best opportunities so far. Unlikely there will be anything as valuable on offer for the picks we won’t use now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miller is a first year rookie this year so no need to upgrade. Cumberland and Biggy may or may not be retained who knows what the club will do.

It’s fair to say the club is keeping their options open on how many picks we may take to the draft.
Unsure about Cumberland and Miller but pretty sure Biggy has/is about to extend

There are 4 clubs with only 1 pick before our back end picks. You don’t think they will be knocking soon with a bit more desperation?
Im sure we know how we are going to play it.

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken both the dogs and pies are still short on points to match their f/s, so there’s 22 & 23. GWS also have a good kid Fahey in their academy they’ll have to match and they have 2+13+53 so they might need picks to match. Ditto saints with 2 potential NGAs.

So many options still open to improving our draft hand. So bloody calm down there’s still soooo much time left.
Pies have enough points. We have over 2700 and we at most need 2400

Rumour has it Richmond to trade picks 15&28 for Essendon pick 11
Would want a future 2nd back with that, otherwise it's too lop sided for only a 4 pick upgrade

We may now end up keeping our powder dry until the draft. Live trading on picks are often valued higher as a player a club wants is suddenly available. It will allow us to offload the late ones to trade up or trade into next year no problem.
We still need the list spots to take 8 picks to the draft, would need to pretty much delist every player we have out of contract to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back