List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone who says that it's fine and we'll trade in the picks as live trades, we currently have 7 picks (presumably 8 after CCJ), we can't take all of them to the draft can we?

I thought you could only bring as many picks as you had list spots available, meaning we have to delist at least 4 more right?

Pies have enough points. We have over 2700 and we at most need 2400

Still have to have the open main list spots to use all your picks though, however many to make all your picks live and 2 for Kruger + Lipinski.

Somehow I feel like all the clubs know we have a lot of draft picks and are waiting until we firesale them at then end..

We could troll them, delist and trade out some more players and go to what should be a deep draft with all of those picks….and smash the back out of the draft.

But if we get to draft night with all of the picks intact, once a few players slide that teams rate they will all be running to the bank of Richmond offering 2022 picks for the Biancos of the 2021 draft world. That trade is actually a perfect illustration of what can happen. We had 3 picks in the 40’s, 43, 44, 45. The Pies had pick 46, and clearly felt we might take Bianco, who they wanted. They must have made a standing offer to us to trade Saints future second for our future second if they could get in ahead of any of our picks, providing their man was still available. With the first two of the three picks we took the two boys who for whatever reason we were really after, Cumberland and Martyn. Then we must have picked up the phone to the Pies and said if the offer still stands you can take next pick. Pies had no way of knowing we wouldn’t jump on Bianco, so they said yes, and we got a 5 pick second round upgrade for sliding back one pick. Incredibly, due to a series of pick matching events in the 2020 draft the two picks only ended up two picks apart at 40(Samson Ryan,) and 42(Pheonix Spicer) but it could have been way better for us and really couldn’t have been any worse.

These chances will arise, clubs may even trade a future second for a pick in the 40’s if there is a player they really like who has slid to there.

Last edited:
You haven't traded for Lipinski yet and I'm sure you'd want some additional picks that aren't right at the end of the draft
The Pies might not even be able to trade out 22 for multiple picks due to the amount of list spots we have. But lets say we can. We could probably get a deal similar to what the Dogs got for 17 (just in terms of increasing points not getting a deal as good as theirs) because there would be multiple clubs trying to get that pick. I think the club might want a good future pick as part of it.

I don't think anyone has any issue with this, it's more about trading the back ended picks which may be hard or not as valuable later on.
We're 3 days in and people are saying we've dropped the ball, we're asleep at the wheel, questioning what the hell we're doing. Would hate to see some of you guys at the strippers. First girl hits the stage and it's all over.

I can't believe Adelaide just got Finlayson for a 3rd rounder, am i reading that right?

We should have been all over that, would have been a great KPD option for us, the right age.

Are we looking at anyone other than the old fart?

I think that's the point though. What are the Pies going to do with pick 22? It's going to get burnt in the pick match so why not trade it out for some more draft capital?
We may not even be able to trade it out. Maybe on draft night once the list spots are locked you can trade it out for multiple picks im not sure. I just posted about what I think the club might do see above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're 3 days in and people are saying we've dropped the ball, we're asleep at the wheel, questioning what the hell we're doing. Would hate to see some of you guys at the strippers. First girl hits the stage and it's all over.

And if we get to the end of trade week and nothing much has changed? The last 4 trade periods have been that way & a lot of the key things we all thought were the sensible things for us to be involved in are already looking to have been sorted out.

I think it's more frustrating that we were beaten to the decent picks we had been linked to. Not much else up for grabs.

Nothing wrong with us having a melt.

I think it's more frustrating that we were beaten to the decent picks we had been linked to. Not much else up for grabs.

Nothing wrong with us having a melt.

We weren’t really as Adelaide gave up 23 for 17 and Collingwood got 22 for their 2022 2nd.

If another club gave up late picks for one of those picks I’d be annoyed but they didn’t.

How about

Pies 22 + 36 for 28 + 38 + 42 or 47 (either one of the 40’s picks = more points)

Leaves us with 7 + 15 + 22 + 26 + 36 + 42or47 + whatever we get for CJ

Thoughts?

I had another look at this.

I think we should do 22 and 36 for 28, 38 and 42

I am stating this as a unfinished trade. Pies win on points, we go up. What can we add to it? Maybe they give us 46 and we give them a future 3rd because they might prefer a future pick than a point gain at that point

Last edited:
17 clubs are Black Caviar in the Melbourne Cup and we are Makybe Diva ….. it’s not a sprint !!!!
When they have all run out puff we will storm down the outside & have the best draft hand 🥇

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
We've already got the best draft hand and we've done nothing.

Personally my melts about not having the 3 first rounders is because personally

I was hoping for

7 ward
15 Goater
17 van Rooyen

With missing out on that 3rd I think we probably miss out on the chance of Van Rooyen unless we go at 15

Felt it addressed most needs

Safe 250 game mid
Mid with X factor
Tall who can play either end

We may not even be able to trade it out. Maybe on draft night once the list spots are locked you can trade it out for multiple picks im not sure. I just posted about what I think the club might do see above.
From what I understand Collingwood only have 1 list spot open, which could be impacted by the Lipinski deal. That means that you'll have to delist 5 OOC players to free up the spots to cover the picks accumulated for the Daicos bid, so trading out 22 for more points means even more list spots have to be opened up, but if those picks are still viable after the bid then they can be packaged to get back into the 2nd round.

Can someone explain to me how bringing in a 33yo Free Agent whose a direct replacement for an already retired Astbury affects the Chol trade pick at all? has this happened ever before? If Norf end up with their pick 20 and CCJ and all we get is 3rd rounder and a 33yo, how is that fair? Tarrant is a direct replacement for Astbury so we're not gaining the system, we're breaking even, Chols pick shouldn't even be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back