List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The mods
Of the modern era have no idea how good they have it.
It was feral back then.

It was an emotional time for all. But **** me, seriously, we had a school teacher who was a part time coach for example coaching our reserves at the time. Angus Graham was our ruck and Luke McGuane was known as Luke McGun. It was only ever gonna go one way week in, week out.

Those trades we're FIVE years ago. Besides Lynch we've done nothing in FIVE years. We're no longer a destination club. While we were we could've cleaned up bringing in players dying for a chance at the ultimate success.
Feel free to run us through a few of the trades you would’ve done in the last five years?

Be sure to include which players we’d have traded in and out, from and to whom, and what role they’d replace in the otherwise successful 1st XXII.

Also, please address our salary cap amendments during this period and how these incoming players might’ve been accommodated, as well as who would go out without upsetting the fabric of a triple premiership cohort.

Our options now are playing our cards close to our chest and rigidly stick to the value we assign to our current hand, or return to the 'glory' days of trading for Biddiscombe, Keays, Sampson, Gwilliam, Rombotis, Blurton, James, Baldwin, Robins, Dundas, Fox, Eishold, Hudson, Nichols, Blumfield, Houlihan, Morrison, McMahon etc. (appreciate several of these were probably PSD/junk picks but you get the drift...)?
Holy hell, you just triggered a PTSD in me I didn’t know I had.

It was an emotional time for all. But fu** me, seriously, we had a school teacher who was a part time coach for example coaching our reserves at the time. Angus Graham was our ruck and Luke McGuane was known as Luke McGun. It was only ever gonna go one way week in, week out.

Grigg squibbing it up

Feel free to run us through a few of the trades you would’ve done in the last five years?

Be sure to include which players we’d have traded in and out, from and to whom, and what role they’d replace in the otherwise successful 1st XXII.

Also, please address our salary cap amendments during this period and how these incoming players might’ve been accommodated, as well as who would go out without upsetting the fabric of a triple premiership cohort.

Holy hell, you just triggered a PTSD in me I didn’t know I had.

Treloar in. Caddy out this time last year for starters

After 4 years of going deep in finals and netting 3 flags we were all just looking for a return to the glory years of a full, hyped up trade period… was that too much to ask?!

The club has royally ****ed up by having the best hand in the draft despite our recent success and agreeing to terms with a FA before trade weekend kicked off

Hope we swap a third rounder for Hamish hartlett or throw a first round pick at Tom Mitchell to get the juices flowing 😉

But isn't it the opposite? Success leads to players offering to play for unders.

Remember when Rance was coming out and saying he wasn't even sure if they wanted Tom Lynch becasue, even if Tom was a gun, it might 'upset the balance'.

I reckon that was way over the top, bit bath-water-drinking, we perhaps missed a trick or three with that attitude over the last few years with trades.

Tbf Rance is an idiot.

Won more flags with lynch than Rance too

there is still a lot to play out and we shall see

By the way, trading out 28 and 47 for 22 is not a massive gain because 47 is now 43 or so. Do not think other clubs are not aware of the pick jumps either. They just feel the higher pick selections like 17 give them more opportunity to get what they want. 5 pick gain from 28 to 22 losing another pick and costing us 150 points or so.

What is more likely is we keep the later pick and use the CCJ pick.

Then we have 7, 15, 22, 23, 26, 28 and a later pick meaning we need 7 spots

You are also assuming other clubs have not picked the eyes out of the draft before getting into the twenties

Now with this in mind I have no issue with us chasing Brisbanes future first among others
Even if we manage to free enough list spots to have 7 picks there is no way we would use the national draft on that many players. Adding Tarrant, that would be 8 new players on 2 year contracts. If we find that 50% are not up to the mark that is a lot of dead weight to carry. One reason why clubs hold out to rookie draft as they want to try for a year before they buy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t care less if we are trading in flat out dumpster 🔥 like dunstan, spp or having to waste money and picks on Mitchell.
Club knows what they’re doing, chill out, no matter what we will be drafting in at least 3-4 quality young kids to go with some up and comers who should be ready to go this season.
We aren’t the Richmond of Yester year, club is in great hands.

It was an emotional time for all. But fu** me, seriously, we had a school teacher who was a part time coach for example coaching our reserves at the time. Angus Graham was our ruck and Luke McGuane was known as Luke McGun. It was only ever gonna go one way week in, week out.
And who could forget one of my all time favs, Rory Hilton, fmd I did more for his career in the stands than BT has done for O RAZ I O FAN TAS YA!

and there it is, despite you all hanging sh*t on me for being nervous that we were dragging out feet and likely to miss out, the dogs pick is gone and we're gonna be stuck with a bunch of useless 20/30/40 range picks that we either lose because we cant use them or trade for a big loss for future picks. whoopie.

lets be real, other than 1 golden year our trading had been shiftul and our first round drafting hasnt improved a whole lot overall.
Why are you not helping Richmond football department with your insight....

and there it is, despite you all hanging sh*t on me for being nervous that we were dragging out feet and likely to miss out, the dogs pick is gone and we're gonna be stuck with a bunch of useless 20/30/40 range picks that we either lose because we cant use them or trade for a big loss for future picks. whoopie.

lets be real, other than 1 golden year our trading had been shiftul and our first round drafting hasnt improved a whole lot overall.

731F1781-C3AA-40C3-BF3C-242FCD174479.jpeg

There is a argument, Dusty, JR, Grimes, Cotch, Rance, Townsend, Shai and a number of others have mainly carried the club on their backs along with the Chief.

I think many are underestimating the role of Ben Griffiths. If he did not get injured in 2017 what might have been?

DO WE NEED A REVIEW??

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is any truth to us looking at Sam Reid from the swans to replace Callum Coleman Jones whilst we develop another forward from the draft we are looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better option than chol

I do not even think our forward line is much of a issue compared to our midfield and backline

The Chol move was best for all and not getting Reid is another win

People need to hold their horses and let JR play for another three years and Dusty another eight or so

I do not understand why some want us to be another Geelong or Hawthorn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back