List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to run us through a few of the trades you would’ve done in the last five years?

Be sure to include which players we’d have traded in and out, from and to whom, and what role they’d replace in the otherwise successful 1st XXII.

Also, please address our salary cap amendments during this period and how these incoming players might’ve been accommodated, as well as who would go out without upsetting the fabric of a triple premiership cohort.

Holy hell, you just triggered a PTSD in me I didn’t know I had.

D39572ED-7182-4453-A02F-25F3A939D603.jpeg

Attachments

• 627021DF-016C-4300-B055-AE0C79A2F614.jpeg
    627021DF-016C-4300-B055-AE0C79A2F614.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 61
Anyone know if there is any truth to us looking at Sam Reid from the swans to replace Callum Coleman Jones whilst we develop another forward from the draft we are looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d rather use a cheese grater on my balls

Absolute spud been paid big money his whole career and done nothing

I do not even think our forward line is much of a issue compared to our midfield and backline

The Chol move was best for all and not getting Reid is another win

People need to hold their horses and let JR play for another three years and Dusty another eight or so

I do not understand why some want us to be another Geelong or Hawthorn

If nyuon colina ryan are ready to go then you don't need a Reid type or Hogan last year but that seems a long way off

Club wins 3 flags in 4 yrs. Eliminating ungodly levels of debt. 100k members. Extremely experienced coaching panel. One of the best drafting track records in recent times (first top 10 pick in 10 years incoming). First 'dynasty' team to be this well placed going into a draft so soon after 'not being a dynasty'

Punters on bigfooty # wHo Is rUNninG tHE cLUb, WHy aREN't wE mAKiNg mORe tRAdE dO tHeY kNOw wHAt iT tAKes tO bE SUCcesSfUL? i'M veRY cONcERnEd thEY hAVe noTHiNg pLaNNeD anD wE aRE gONNa juST rOLl uP tO tHE dRAfT aND aCCiDenTly hAVe TOO mANY DraFT pICkS hOW CoULd THEy dO tHIs To MEEEEE

That’s right …I’ve even seen some epic melting that suggests this might happen on draft night …”pick 26, Richmond”…. “Pass” …. bahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would be painful but fair

NOTICE::: A LOT IN THE INDUSTRY WANT RICHMOND TO GO DOWN AND HELP OTHER TEAMS GO UP

I get that .

but WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW IT.

WE DO NOT WANT TO BE ANOTHER GEELONG AND HAWTHORN!!

Whoever does our back end recruiting is worth their weight in gold. Its the front end thats dragging its heels. Tell me a decent trade we've done since 2016?

Yeah, if only we could get the backend recruiting guys to replace the front end recruiting guys we’d be sweet. It’s a shame they’re not the same people ……..

Anyone know if there is any truth to us looking at Sam Reid from the swans to replace Callum Coleman Jones whilst we develop another forward from the draft we are looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looked like becoming a star of the comp early on. Body has let him down badly over the years. His best is still elite but just doesn't get to show it enough. An unrestricted free agent. I'd take him for a token pick. Can't see it happening though.

You'd assume he'd on a minimum contract if comes here?
He’s an absolute spud the bloke port got today is much better than Reid and he’s also shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Egg is on the rookie list, delisting him won't give us a spot for any of these picks.

Thanks for clarifying. So delist Garth we are up to 5 picks. Then delist someone else or trade out a fringe player/Caddy we have 6.

So worst case if we do no pick swaps and get 40 for CJ we use: 7, 15, 26, 28, 38 and 40.

Then so many teams will have only 1-2 picks before pick 60 this draft off-loading 42 & 47 to them for future 3rd rounders live on draft night will be a no-brainer.

And this is worst case scenario …. hardly wrist slashing.

We've done sweet fu** all to improve our position at the trade table for years now. Tom Lynch as a free A the last thing we've done, then sat on our laurels.
The laurels we're sitting on, those would be the ones from the three recent premierships...those laurels ?

The problem with sitting on our hands picks wise is you can only take as many to the draft as list spots you have

So
7/15/26/28 at the draft the rest are unusable and go to waste we should be using them to improve our position this year or next

If in the end we don’t it’s not a great look yes 3 flags but that doesn’t make them immune from mistakes

Interesting to see what happens

Geez I hope we get Reid. I am actually needing a laugh and hearing that you have grated your nuts will do it.

Although I must admit I would have an absolute meltdown if we drafted that Spud.

The problem with sitting on our hands picks wise is you can only take as many to the draft as list spots you have

So
7/15/26/28 at the draft the rest are unusable and go to waste we should be using them to improve our position this year or next

If in the end we don’t it’s not a great look yes 3 flags but that doesn’t make them immune from mistakes

Interesting to see what happens

The other thing is to get better quality in usually means using better picks unless we jag a few diamonds.

A club can only have so many role/battler types and we have enough already I think

The laurels we're sitting on, those would be the ones from the three recent premierships...those laurels ?
You make a good point but if you stay still you’re going backwards

We haven’t done anything trade wise in a while we probably could have should we have is the interesting debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back