List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on 2 rounds of footy?
And last year.

I don't think anyone here could put their biases aside and argue that Trent Cotchin is a better player than Tom Green right now, and that's not a slight on Cotch at all. It's a reflection on how good Green is at 21 years old.

It will be interesting to see what sort of deal would make that happen. I am wondering if someone like Tom Brown and our 2022 first rounder - let’s assume say pick 13, might interest GWS. Brown is from Northern Vic. GWS don’t have an obvious young Tom Brown type. Haynes is a bit taller but probably plays similarly and he is over 30yo now. Could it be the clubs have already been talking and Tom Brown was something of a GWS pick?

Thomson's brother is probably one to keep an eye on this year. Is OOC and may be a good buy-low option for our shallow midfield.

Hasn't cracked Carlton's midfield for the first couple of rounds, but has put together a couple of nice games in the VFL.
There's a third brother in the draft this year too. Stood out in the agility tests at the first draft testing day this week.

Now waste another 2 minutes reading these stats

your comments about him being 1 dimensional and not versatile is just plain wrong

Just have a look at his stats this year
averages 32 poss
5.5 marks
1 goal
4 tackles
4.5 inside 50's
16 contested poss
17 uncontested poss (true indication of his outside game)
25 out of 32 effective disposals
2 marks inside 50 per game (shows he is playing fwd as well as inside mid)
6.5 score involvements - WOW
77% DE
415 mtrs gained per game

all this in just 76% game time playing agains 2 teams considered to be finals candidate

Now please tell me how he is 1 dimensional and not versatile ??
Tom Green is a ****ing jet. The prototype on baller imo. Runs all day. Tough inside and skilled outside. Goes forward and hits the scoreboard and plays accountable footy. Probably lacks a little of the XFactor of Taranto but he's only 21 and is tracking better than the top mids now at the same age.

We'd be chuffed to have him in yellow and black. Yes please.

Unfortunately, the story about Michael Green having a coffee with Benny Gale has been misrepresented.
That coffee took place in January!!! WORSE STILL, it had nothing to do with Tom - the coffee was to discuss an upcoming fundraiser.

My source is impeccable and no one is more disappointed with this development than me! (I still reckon we should grab josh green in the mid season draft…)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing article. He’s not going to come out and say he’s desperate to move to Richmond.
That's for sure. Will be interesting to see his view if/when Cameron gets the arse as coach come seasons end as well. Would be nice to get him home at tigerland.

Unfortunately, the story about Michael Green having a coffee with Benny Gale has been misrepresented.
That coffee took place in January!!! WORSE STILL, it had nothing to do with Tom - the coffee was to discuss an upcoming fundraiser.

My source is impeccable and no one is more disappointed with this development than me! (I still reckon we should grab josh green in the mid season draft…)
Don’t have any list spots for the mid season unless we have a long term injury or retirement unfortunately

By that point we'll probably have one, prestia or lambert is a good chance. Plus if the season is gone, we could see someone like cotchin hang the boots up then to free up a spot like grigg.
There’s two more younger brothers after Josh too. Watched one of them play this morning. All look bloody good!

Too old and injury-prone, played a total of 11 games in his last two seasons at the hawks.

We could do with him on a part time basis. I think he’s past playing but we have the kids in the institute who would get a lot from Cyril. Even someone like Dusty currently could see something of his situation in cryil’s. It wouldn’t hurt him to hear the pro’s and con’s of finishing up with plenty left in the tank.

Even the non-indigenous players could get something from his experiences in the game.

Personal anecdote to follow. I knew a lot of the indigenous kids that play wafl through an friends partner. We took some of their kids down to get an ice cream and walked back along the highway, I had a guy tell us to get our ****ing kids out of the way crossing the road and then 100 meters up the road a car full of young guys call them little ******s out the window. It ruined their afternoon and after that they were pretty quite.

I couldn’t imagine what that would do to a person over their lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booo.. I'm watching GWS right now and he'd be f£^king perfect for us in age and game style. Exactly what we need to go with Balta, Bolton and Gibcus to really challenge again in a few years.

Came on here looking for speculation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back