List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are so bias
Drapers goal is n absolute ripper
Out of the ruck runs past mids break tackles checkside on the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read the best "analysis" of how goal of the year should be assessed.

Ask yourself if each nominee could replicate the goal of their fellow nominee? Really summed it up for me - Shai could kick all 3 - no way Draper could do what Shai did.

Drapers goal was great, all credit to him but the fact he couldn't do what Bolton did means Shai's was better.

Really? I just plucked a name Mate. Adrian MCAdam was the better example I guess. I’m not fully sold on Noah just yet. Doesn’t stay involved long enough imo, goes missing for long periods. Townsend another good example?

The guy has played just 8 games in the seniors. You would be hard pressed to find someone who stays in the game longer and not go missing with his lack of experience. He wasnt a top 5 pick.

Mate I have to ask, I've been on BigFooty for a long time - you always use commas in the place of fullstops and your ellipses always involve the use of commas. Is your full stop key broken? Has always been on my mind whenever I read one of your posts.
Ty for noticing , it’s my trademark, are you an English teacher by any chance, I did ace my ‘86 HSC English exam
, don’t you worry about that

You guys are so bias
Drapers goal is n absolute ripper
Out of the ruck runs past mids break tackles checkside on the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol checkside on the run from 25 out directly in front haha

Clunky, dopey and comical

isnt the goal of the year voted by the fans ? or has that changed

if its the afl voting on it then its an absolute catastrophe that boltont didnt win

probably the best goal of the last decade let alone this year

Interesting how we haven't announced any delistings yet
Nothing really to gain from a club perspective in delisting pre-trade week. Also suggests that one or more potentially superfluous players might have a bit of interest from elsewhere. Let's face it, we're really only talking about Aarts, Martyn and RCD here.

I wonder if we're looking at the salary cap dump to snag another 2nd round pick from GCS.

Effectively GCS will hand over a 2nd round pick to a club willing to take on the contract of a Sexton, Flanders type.

I think Collingwood are going to make out like bandits here - I reckon they've already teed this up with Fiorini. They get Fiorini as a salary dump while collecting a pick from Gold Coast.
Yes, they will. However that may only serve to compensate them for the reaming that the Demons are going to give them in the Grundy salary dump going in the opposite direction.

It's not unlike the zero-sum outcome the Pies got for the Nick Daicos FS when he actually ended up costing them Pick 2 anyway. By trading that pick out in the 2020 draft, they (wrongly) believed they'd be making out like bandits when they finished further up the ladder in 2021, and would be getting him for a pick effectively outside the Top 10.

Jack Bowes wants out of GC. Pretty sure Tiger71 said on the pod we had interest in him last year?

Jack Bowes wants out of GC. Pretty sure Tiger71 said on the pod we had interest in him last year?
I'd say that interest is no longer given Taranto and Hopper are coming.

Bowes is very sloooooow. He's reputation is inflated because he took kick ins for years which inflated his stats so people loved him for fantasy points.

He's a Queensland boy, academy player and out of favour - stay clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes is very sloooooow. He's reputation is inflated because he took kick ins for years which inflated his stats so people loved him for fantasy points.

Im not with you here on this one.

You guys are so bias
No one is 'bias'. They have bias. They are biased. Bias is the noun, biased is the adjective.

Ty for noticing , it’s my trademark, are you an English teacher by any chance, I did ace my ‘86 HSC English exam
, don’t you worry about that
It's not quirky or charming. Write like you're an adult who can write.

I am not a teacher.

Maybe not Bowes but someone like MacPherson who was also mentioned. We could get him potentially as a salary dump along with one of their picks in the 20s in exchange for our third-rounder next year. Pass the pick on in the Taranto/Hopper trade.

Blair, make me a coffee.

Would have thought the future focus would be on Ryan and Miller largely

I think an AFL backup makes sense if Soldo goes, but i would likely be going the Stefan Martin type of back up. Someone whose contract might be similar, but trade value considerably cheaper.

Soldo might need to go to get Hopper & Taranto, so we might need to get a "Tarrant" like back up on the cheap or the rookie list to chop us out for a year or 2

Remember Adrian mCAdam who played for Norf? Looked the goods too, Dean Polo? Plenty of others whose names I can’t recall.
I’m just saying don’t overrate or hype him up at this early stage.
Hoping Cumberland continues to work at his game and adds more strings to his bow otherwise he could find himself in a similar position to what Stephenson found himself after bursting onto the scene in his first year and then quickly getting worked out and then moved on to North soon after.
Trade bell SEN
Heppell- 1 year at Bumbers and a coaching component to it 😂

Narkle will be moving. Multiple clubs interested

Fiorini to Pies

Gerald reckons 2 first rounder for Dunkley similar to Lachie Neale deal (6,19).

Gunston still considering move to Brisbane

Suns want pick 5 for Rankine

Suns will be letting go some players go to make space for a gun in the future.

Hunter Clarke to Norf for their future 2nd round

Hopper and Taranto are Richmond bound and Soldo is a likely player involved in trade!!!! We’ll pay a premium for Taranto but not too sure what Hopper gets done for , talks are well underway

Meek has a lot of interest
Wasn't Sam McLure still pushing the Martin to Gold Coast angle.
when does trade radio start?
As soon as they've finished with covering the Queens 2 week wake
That’s true but it does leave uncertainty in the players mind
Will I be delisted or re-signed?
If you are delisted you know exactly where you stand and managers can shop you around immediately.
But hey I’m guessing, somebody will probably tell me im talking out of my a

Managers of players still uncontracted for 2023 will be told to explore options for their clients and if they're able to find a new home during trade period and a deal can be done the club will accomodate them. If not able to do that, then they'll have a 2 week period before list lodgement to decide if they are going to be re-signed or delisted.

I wonder if we're looking at the salary cap dump to snag another 2nd round pick from GCS.

Effectively GCS will hand over a 2nd round pick to a club willing to take on the contract of a Sexton, Flanders type.

I think Collingwood are going to make out like bandits here - I reckon they've already teed this up with Fiorini. They get Fiorini as a salary dump while collecting a pick from Gold Coast.
I would take flanders

Hoping Cumberland continues to work at his game and adds more strings to his bow otherwise he could find himself in a similar position to what Stephenson found himself after bursting onto the scene in his first year and then quickly getting worked out and then moved on to North soon after.

Wasn't Sam McLure still pushing the Martin to Gold Coast angle.

As soon as they've finished with covering the Queens 2 week wake

Managers of players still uncontracted for 2023 will be told to explore options for their clients and if they're able to find a new home during trade period and a deal can be done the club will accomodate them. If not able to do that, then they'll have a 2 week period before list lodgement to decide if they are going to be re-signed or delisted.
If you ever mention that seagull Jaydick Stephenson in the same sentence as Noah Lord Cumberland again you are dead to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back