List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point and there is definitely a comparison to Graham. With that said, and I could be wrong, but I believe Dumont is also a pretty solid tagger. Wouldn’t have sold the farm for him, but as a DFA he would come very cheap and ready to play. I like him more than Parker.
Takes a list spot so won’t happen as I think we’ve now finished our signings and delistings

It wont be easy to trade up for those picks. I cant imagine either of those teams valueing our picks in the 20s. That would mean 7 + 15 for 3 would be our best chance. Still not sure GC would accept it.
GC traded out their picks on purpose. Can we stop bringing them up as trade option

Package picks in 20s for pick 3 off fold coast
The Suns have no list spots available. It's been stated multiple times.

I’m stoked with our draft hand and getting 27 from Collingwood. 26/27/28 is an envious row of picks
In this case the whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts. Three consecutive picks in the 20's is a list manager's dream - and #26, #27 and #28 are probably better than having say #24, #27, #30, the latter meaning we'd need to second guess who other clubs with picks in between are going to take. #27 is worth way more to Richmond than any other club because of our #26 and #28

I'm excited.

Just went through pages of Sydney Stack discussion on the North board. They were convinced he was an option via the PSD. Is there a more delusional supporter base? They probably think strippers fall in love with them.
Norf are a sh!t stain of a club , They would take a used condom just because its free

Just went through pages of Sydney Stack discussion on the North board. They were convinced he was an option via the PSD. Is there a more delusional supporter base? They probably think strippers fall in love with them.

Someone needs to remind them that Stack was determined to repay the RFC after the incident in the hub last year. He knuckled down to win back his spot & the faith of our playing group & showed a great deal of character. CCJ not so. We kept the good one guys.

Someone needs to remind them that Stack was determined to repay the RFC after the incident in the hub last year. He knuckled down to win back his spot & the faith of our playing group & showed a great deal of character. CCJ not so. We kept the good one guys.
Stack would have done same if another club offered same as Norf.
Would not be surprised if manager shopped him around to get a better than 1 year deal elsewhere…no takers.
Takes 1 year deal on offer from Tige’s.

Said to my Melb sister this arvo that I hope Tom Campbell gets his management to at least open a conversation with the Tiges for an Insurance Rookie pick. Loves the Club he barracked for as a kid - in fact he used to come down to the Club as a young bloke. They are not the reasons, he is just insurance - can play forward / can Ruck if we get into trouble, big trouble with either. Brilliant club man - would thrive in our environment to be an OK 'break glass in case of emergency'. He was burned at the Bulldogs - and gave North some good service. CCJ going there was his death warrant! We are maybe one experiences big man short. I am biased though!

What on earth has happened to this thread …. in the last 20-pages I’ve seen what I believe to be genuine suggestions to look seriously at Casboult and now Tom Campbell…..let’s just pray the Pies don’t delist Mason Cox as if I see his name appear on here I’ll do my best Terry Wallace impression and spew up!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am never one for going after recycled players but i do think we need to someone to cover the talls situation.

People need to remember that last year Chol, Garthwaite & CCJ. - all played serious runs of games, only because we needed them to. All 3 are gone & as of yet we haven't replaced them.

Tarrant replaces Astbury - but who replaces the other depth?

I’ll tell you who replaces the loss of our key position stocks:

Soldo
A fit Nank
Balta
Broad
Tarrant

We then have Biggy, Miller and Ryan waiting in the wings, plus no doubt at least 1 highly rated KPP kid in the draft.

Back up tall guys for the sake of it just because they’re tall NEVER work out : Anyone remember ‘The Big O’…..

What on earth has happened to this thread …. in the last 20-pages I’ve seen what I believe to be genuine suggestions to look seriously at Casboult and now Tom Campbell…..let’s just pray the Pies don’t delist Mason Cox as if I see his name appear on here I’ll do my best Terry Wallace impression and spew up!!

I showed my hand and said I have a bias! But yeah, Cox would be getting really low!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus add on this year's draftees, and I agree we will be very quite neext year on draft night.
Especially after we trade for Taranto to add to Moore as a free agent.

Aren't there a couple of KPP we are looking at that we think will go in the teens?
Hopefully someone else is looking at them and we get a slider like Sonsie at 17.

or even to move 26 into a pick in the teens to get the "schlong"
He'll be there at 26.

GC traded out their picks on purpose. Can we stop bringing them up as trade option
The only way we get pick 3 is trading 7 and a 2022 pick, e.g. our first with their second coming back.

It would only happen on the night and only if they were sure their man would be there at 7. I'd only do it for Callaghan.

I highly doubt we get pick #2 as GWS have stated during the hill trade " We dont need any more picks"
GC traded out all their picks and only want to take 1 player and have a sh!t load of picks for 2022 so they wont trade #3
Crows have already knocked us back when we rang and they want top picks also so #4 is also not available
Hawks trying to trade out their players for more picks and certainly wont want to off load #5
Freo have all their WA boys and wont get rid of #6 even if we asked

St Kilda & Bombers would be the only clubs that would consider trading down and their picks really are not that great either

Lets just take what we have shopping

Balta was expected to go top 5 early in that year but had massive attitude issues. I have an inside track on this one and can attest to him basically torpedoing his chances of going very high with pretty much being a dickhead. Thankfully for him (and us!) he's rightened up at Tigerland after we took him on.
I would've too on raw talent (look at his draft year highlights omigod) but CCJ was SA u/18s captain and a bloody good prospect with a lot of upside. Reckon Noah will be the far better player, but CCJ certainly looks up to AFL level now
natural for st bernard students being a dick head

I highly doubt we get pick #2 as GWS have stated during the hill trade " We dont need any more picks"
GC traded out all their picks and only want to take 1 player and have a sh!t load of picks for 2022 so they wont trade #3
Crows have already knocked us back when we rang and they want top picks also so #4 is also not available
Hawks trying to trade out their players for more picks and certainly wont want to off load #5
Freo have all their WA boys and wont get rid of #6 even if we asked

St Kilda & Bombers would be the only clubs that would consider trading down and their picks really are not that great either

Lets just take what we have shopping
Even stickying this to the top of the thread wouldn't stop multiple trade scenarios for pick 2 or 3 in every page of the next 500 till trade night.
Still, I guess we should allow people to dream.

So we can only make 3 picks on draft night? We’ve committed to re-rooking Bigggie and Cumberland so two players will be elevated? Meaning we will need to trade 28&29?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 5 open main list spots after we upgrade 2 rookies, so no need to trade out anymore picks.

And Dunstan . Some on here pushing for him was just amazing .

Pity we didn't chase Dangerfield during our premiership years and use him as melb will with Dunstan next year.
As backup just in case.

Geez CCJ cops some shit on these boards. The kid knuckled down and won a spot in the side last year exactly the same as Sydney did, he had less priors than Stack had aswell.

We absolutely wanted to keep CCJ. That's been made pretty clear throughout the trade period. Fact is LolNorf offered a deal and more direct access to playing time we couldn't. It's easy to sit back in the cheap seats and throw stones at these kids but at the end of the day it's their livelihood. CCJ might only get one more crack at making decent coin before the axe falls and he's out in the real world struggling like the rest of us. If faced with the same opportunity I absolutely would have done the same thing.

Now I love Stacky as a footballer. I think he has massive upside aslong as he can get the off field stuff right which looks like he's doing slowly. But at the end of our day the reason Sydney is with us is cause we have shown faith in him that other clubs weren't willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I want us to pick Jarrod Brander up, but is it really true that he’s only kicked 5 goals in his career?

He is a tall forward from what I know of his draft year, so surely there is something wrong with the position West Coast has been playing him. I know he’s been played in defence as well from memory.

If he spent a considerable time forward and only managed 5 goals, then he’s obviously not worth picking up because 5 goals across 22 games since 2018… CCJ almost kicked that in his second game.

EDIT: They’ve played him on a wing this year. He was behind Josh Kennedy, Jack Darling, Oscar Allen, and Jake Waterman. Makes more sense. He could easily play 2nd/3rd tall in our forward line down the track and can be a filler at worst when Riewoldt retires while we wait for young KPFs to be ready. I think he is worth picking up.

Last edited:
I want us to pick Jarrod Brander up, but is it really true that he’s only kicked 5 goals in his career?

He is a tall forward from what I know of his draft year, so surely there is something wrong with the position West Coast has been playing him. I know he’s been played in defence as well from memory.

If he spent a considerable time forward and only managed 5 goals, then he’s obviously not worth picking up because 5 goals across 22 games since 2018… CCJ almost kicked that in his second game.

EDIT: They’ve played him on a wing this year. He was behind Josh Kennedy, Jack Darling, Oscar Allen, and Jake Waterman. Makes more sense. He could easily play 2nd/3rd tall in our forward line down the track and can be a filler at worst when Riewoldt retires while we wait for young KPFs to be ready. I think he is worth picking up.
Reckon we'll have 1 spot open for the Rookie draft, SSP or MSD, so we could pick up a player like a KPF in those drafts if the recruiters believe we need a bit more depth.

Bringing back Todd Elton makes just as much sense, it's still a shitty idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back