List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL is becoming more and more athlete first, player second. With rule changes and decreased rotations etc, the athletic demands on players from coaches is increased. Look at our draft last year Brown, Banks, Clarke, Gibcus all athletic, it also shows that we are more prepared to let graham go than Ralpshmith. We aren't trading Hugo
Hmm, I thought this a while back, but I reckon it's still footballer first, especially in finals. You do need to run well but look at the Cats, they were a footy team not really a team of athletes bar a couple.

Miller needs to settle down back and take Taz’s spot. Same as Balta. They’re the future of our backline and we want them taking centre bounces is insane.

Only reason they’ve been doing that is Nank is playing with a persistent PCL injury. Got not problems with Samson getting a run at it but these blokes are better in their mid to late 20s.

We’ve got plenty of outside players in the twos. Won’t miss Ralphsmith

I hear where you are coming from and you make some valid points. I guess I just see it a bit differently when it comes to ralphsmith.

Have watched Miller carefully, and wasn't overly impressed with his backline work, For someone of his size he gets easily outmanoeuvred.
Seemed to find his way when Dimma put him in the ruck and rotating forward. He has good skills, good overhead and is much more mobile than Ivan.

Balta agree much prefer him back as eventually he and Gibcus will hold down FB and CHB. Samson Ryan another preseason under his belt would love him to get some games forward/ruck.

Chief would have been rubbing his hands thinking of all the ad revenue when he heard Richmond would be heavy players in trade week $$$
Michael Caine Muppets GIF by filmeditor

I’m not sure why but Jimmy Bartel really grinds my gears - I think it’s because he talks like he thinks is a lot more intelligent than he really is.

Bartel : “Well, if we keep Hopper and lose him to free agency then we’ll get a pretty good pick for him..… and he’ll be a good player for us next year.”

So he’s a good player who helps you win games which takes you higher up the ladder which reduces your compensation pick…. and with McStay signing a 5-year, $3m deal and that was 2nd round compo, with another year under his belt as a 26yo, and if he has an injury interrupted year, Hopper’s no certainty to provide first round compo.

Such BS posturing. As if there’s any chance they want to keep $600k on their books they could use to advance pay $200k extra off Whitfield, Coniglio and Haynes. And take a risk of a compo pick when some valuable assets are ready to go.

We don’t want to upset Hopper and he’ll be a great player for us, but a part of me hearing Bartel prattle on would love them to just say to Bartel and McCartney “Sorry boys, it’s Soldo and F1 or deals off”.

They’d go into full blown panic mode while Blair puffs on his cigar waiting for them to return with tails between their legs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did GWS leak the Ralphsmith thing?
It's still beyond me how much of this negotiation is being leaked to the media.

Personally, I like it as it's interesting.
However, as a fan of our club and knowing how we like things to get done quietly, it drives me insane that GWS are providing a running commentary to the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, I thought this a while back, but I reckon it's still footballer first, especially in finals. You do need to run well but look at the Cats, they were a footy team not really a team of athletes bar a couple.
Yeh I guess the point I was trying to make is Athletic traits have probably never been valued higher. Comparing Geelongs 2020 grand final team to the 2022 team they have more speed and running power

I’m not sure why but Jimmy Bartel really grinds my gears - I think it’s because he talks like he thinks is a lot more intelligent than he really is.

Bartel : “Well, if we keep Hopper and lose him to free agency then we’ll get a pretty good pick for him..… and he’ll be a good player for us next year.”

So he’s a good player who helps you win games which takes you higher up the ladder which reduces your compensation pick…. and with McStay signing a 5-year, $3m deal and that was 2nd round compo, with another year under his belt as a 26yo, and if he has an injury interrupted year, Hopper’s no certainty to provide first round compo.

Such BS posturing. As if there’s any chance they want to keep $600k on their books they could use to advance pay $200k extra off Whitfield, Coniglio and Haynes. And take a risk of a compo pick when some valuable assets are ready to go.

We don’t want to upset Hopper and he’ll be a great player for us, but a part of me hearing Bartel prattle on would love them to just say to Bartel and McCartney “Sorry boys, it’s Soldo and F1 or deals off”.

They’d go into full blown panic mode while Blair puffs on his cigar waiting for them to return with tails between their legs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would be great when we get Hopper in Free agency for free and then trade our first and second round picks for Green 😂

I doubt Rendell has any intimate knowledge of what Geelong is doing lol.

Isn’t this the bloke that said he wouldn’t draft a First Nations player if they didn’t have a white parent? When he was at the crows?

Geelong thought they had him. I know Hawthorn also thought this, which made them confident of getting Bruhn.

We *ed things for both clubs 🤣🤣
First cadds
Then Lynch
Now Hopper.
Luv it.

Good that we rejected the HRS request

With inside ball winning mids arriving we want to compliment that with outside speed/run/carry

We don’t want to change from one of the quickest teams in the competition to slow plodders

HRS, Brown and Bsnks hopefully to provide that perfect balance alongside Hopper, Taranto, Prestia in the years to come
I'm concerned we are gonna be one paced plodders in the middle as you really shouldn't have more than 2 slow campaigners in there at any 1 time yet it looks like they all will be slow campaigners most of the time Prestia,Tarranto,hopper walking stick cotchin,Graham now im not saying any of those players are shit its the balance looks f...ked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back