List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

luk has a few weaknesses. He has not lived up to pick 2 lets get real.

Some have been worried about efforts etc... bad for culture, this is on social media The point is could he turn it around at RFC and are RFC a better fit??

Looks like GFC have a lot of other talent still coming through to and they will not be able to fit them all in

We could not pay too much for him though and he is contracted to 2026. If we did try and get him it would have to part of a broader plan, not just a one player solely changes everything mantra
Lukosius, Balta and Lefau if he keeps developing would be a good forward trio to have. Cannot think of a defence that has the players to match up on those three.

Rather trade him rather than Baker, just because he is contracted and we'd get way overs.

Keeping both would be better though.
Trade both in my opinion.

Trade both in my opinion.
I'd trade both if Baker got us a pick 8-12, and then if Rioli got us two first round picks from the suns, they have 8,11 and 20 at the moment.

Gives us a very strong draft hand to launch a rebuild, 4,8,12,20 plus another first with the bundled up picks to a team like brisbane.

Last edited:
Freo & Port will most likely make finals this year and Pies could scrape in also so none of the 3 picks are top 10

lets call it 10 , 13 , 16
they will end up 15,18,21 after all the FS/Academy selections

Would you trade a 25 year old Michael Walters for these picks ?

For me it would have to be a top 5 pick + #15-#20 pick

Bolton is a better player than Cerra and he went for pick #6 + 3rd rounder

Bolton is 2 x top-10 picks and nothing less. If he keeps up his current form for the season he will be regarded as one of the best 3 x players in the game.

He’s averaging 19 touches, 2.3 goals and 0.7 GA per game. And 3.3 clearances as he plays 50% midfield. It’s freakish and he’s only just now hitting his prime. And he’s doing it in a 1-win team.

He’s going nowhere and you’d never entertain trading him unless he wanted out. Pick 7/8 could be Coffield and Clark. Or 7,8,9 could be Reid, Cox and Perkins.

You just never entertain trading out your best players with 7-8 years left. the draft is just too much of a crap shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might as well just trade Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Gibcus and Nankervis too so we can have 9 1st rounders come draft time.

:rolleyes:
Kane Cornes: "I have been saying it for such a long time that the Tigers need to trade away some of their players that have currency and attack the draft and reset their aging list"

Richmond trades all those players and ends up with 9 first rounders

Kane Cornes: "I just think the whole trading system is broken. How is it fair that Richmond have 9 picks in the first round. 9 Picks Kingy, it is just a rort"
David King: "They did trade away some players so they did give up a bit"
Cornes: "That doesn't matter Kingy. Port doesn't enter the draft till pick 35. I am just saying the AFL need to investigate this"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes: "I have been saying it for such a long time that the Tigers need to trade away some of their players that have currency and attack the draft and reset their aging list"

Richmond trades all those players and ends up with 9 first rounders

Kane Cornes: "I just think the whole trading system is broken. How is it fair that Richmond have 9 picks in the first round. 9 Picks Kingy, it is just a rort"
David King: "They did trade away some players so they did give up a bit"
Cornes: "That doesn't matter Kingy. Port doesn't enter the draft till pick 35. I am just saying the AFL need to investigate this"
I actually read that with Cornes voice in my head saying that lol

If they threw jack luk plus a top 20 pic for a contracted triple premiership defender that was in AA squad last year ,,,I’d certainly think about it
And if some fw claims luk who has t kicked more than 25g in a season is worth more than rioli ,,,,ban yourselves
He kicked 39 goals 22 last year with another 15 goal assists.

What I don't understand is when players want to come to our club, all the opposition supporters say we need to give up a fair bit.

But when one of our players wants to or potentially leaves they claim he is only worth "this" which is usually way below market something that is way less imo.

What I don't understand is when players want to come to our club, all the opposition supporters say we need to give up a fair bit.

But when one of our players wants to or potentially leaves they claim he is only worth "this" which is usually way below market something that is way less imo.

That's not just us, it's every teams fans, everyone overates their own players compared to the rest of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back