Trade Market List & Description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Will keep updating this list as more players are on the market. If I have forgot anyone post here.

Kerr, Daniel (WCE)
25 year old, Midfielder
Gun midfielder who wants out at the Eagles. Will need to give up a lot to get him but boy he could be worth it.

O'Keefe, Ryan (SYD)
28 year old, Medium Forward
Good medium marking forward who can provide better relief to Riewoldt than Charlie Gardiner, James Gwilt & Matthew Ferguson could. I'd expect this one to be a gimmy with Ross Lyon's connections to the Swans.

Cousins, Ben (Draft)
29 year old, Midfielder
If his available and healthy, he's worth the risk as you give up nothing in the PSD. The major problem is Collingwood, who he seems destined for. Tireless worker and could add a lot to the midfield.

Boyle, Tim (HAW)
24 year old, Medium Forward
Decent player who couldn't break into the Premiership team. Could possibly do a better job than C Gardiner, J Gwilt and M Ferguson.

Fisher, Brad (CAR)
24 year old, Medium Forward
Decent player who played the last 21 games of Carlton's season. Would do a similar and hopefully better role as C Gardiner & co.

Warnock, Robert (FRE)
21 year old, Ruckman
Up and coming ruckman who could provide useful. Has chosen Carlton as his first preference but if we could get him our future ruck stocks are set with Big Mac as well.

Lovett, Andrew (ESS)
25 year old, Pacey Midfielder
The X factor we could do with. This guy can run the lines and kick an inspirational goal to lift the team. We need pace, and this guy is by far the best avaliable.

Ray, Farren (WBU)
21 year old, Midfielder
Midfielder who want's more opportunities elsewhere. (I'm not exactly too sure or know too much about this guy so I'll add in more later)

Fisher for Dal Santo? Sounds good! We will throw in Bentick! ;)

haha naa dw Dal is a great player, but wouldn't suit Carlton anyway.

I think that's just a rumour floating around. Remember last year when Blake missed out and everyone thought he would leave?

if we could snare brad fisher and lovett in the draft i think that would boost our stocks enormously, would free up roo to move to a half foward/wing role and hopefully the coaching staff will see the only place kozi should be is at ff, add lovett to a wing/halfback flank and we have 3 great line breaking backmen....

if to go foward id say x clark and leigh fisher maybe a 3rd round pick as well to get both players to us

I think that's just a rumour floating around. Remember last year when Blake missed out and everyone thought he would leave?
The Cats went to enormous lengths to placate Blake though, to the extent of trading King (which in hindsight wasn't a great move for them, but brilliant for us)

I don't see them doing the same for Wojinski, so he may ask to be traded. Does anyone know what his contractual status is?

Fisher for Dal Santo? Sounds good! We will throw in Bentick! ;)

haha naa dw Dal is a great player, but wouldn't suit Carlton anyway.
Not mercenary enough for you? :p

if we could snare brad fisher and lovett in the draft i think that would boost our stocks enormously, would free up roo to move to a half foward/wing role and hopefully the coaching staff will see the only place kozi should be is at ff, add lovett to a wing/halfback flank and we have 3 great line breaking backmen....

if to go foward id say x clark and leigh fisher maybe a 3rd round pick as well to get both players to us

no no no, brad fisher and charlie gardiner are very similar players and fisher is only slightly better and wouldnt benefit us at all.
and please do not draft tim boyle, id rather we develop howard/mcevoy to move into that 3rd tall than recycle pieces of trash like boyle and fisher (no offence).

Unfortunately of those available players listed, the big names that we would want the most are the ones we probably have least chance of getting.

I think we can just about put a line through Kerr and Cousins. West Coast are playing serious hardball with Kerr and won't trade unless someone comes up with an exceptional deal that would mean you will risk losing a lot more than you gain. Let's not forget that Kerr is looking for a 5 yr deal which is a big risk for a guy with recent injury problems. Could end up being another Hamill disaster.

As for Cousins, I'm just about convinced he is headed to Collingwood due to his close relationship with his old coach Malthouse and the fact they have had a number of discussions with him already. Despite media reports about St Kilda being frontrunners for his signature, Cousins manager says he has had no contact with our club and Cousins himself hasn't given any indication he is interested in playing for us.

O'Keefe may be a slight chance due to our Sydney connections but I get the feeling that we will be beaten to the punch by either Carlton or Collingwood. There is also still talk that Sydney hasn't given up entirely on retaining him. Warnock I thought was pretty much a done deal for Carlton already.

As for the rest, we probably have a much greater chance of getting them mainly due to the fact that they are all a lot less desirable, however I'm not convinced any of them will really be worth trading for. At the end of the day we may be better off just sticking with what we have got and using our existing draft picks.

We NEED more midfield players especially with Harves retiring, simple...

If West Coast and Geelong can win premierships without superstars at every point in their forward lines, then so can we. The difference is that we do have a genuine superstar in our forward line.. :)

more supply to our forwards is the key, our back line I believe will only get better next year...

Will keep updating this list as more players are on the market. If I have forgot anyone post here.

Kerr, Daniel (WCE)
NO! WC demanding too much. Keep the picks.

O'Keefe, Ryan (SYD)
YES! Perfect fit.

Cousins, Ben (Draft)
Yes! The class he would add to our midfield would be invaluable. Collingwood getting a PI to follow him around could just have backfired and put him off the pies.

Boyle, Tim (HAW)
NO! Could never be the main forward target we need.

Fisher, Brad (CAR)
NO! Better version of Charlie Gardiner. But a terrible shot at goal, don't need any more.

Warnock, Robert (FRE)
We are still in the race but nominated Carlton and it would be hard to trump Carlton's pick 24.

Lovett, Andrew (ESS)
I'd love him here but don't think we're going for him. WC, Freo & Sydney all going for his sig.

Ray, Farren (WBU)
I admit i don't know too much about him either but he reeks of Aaron Fiora. NO!
:thumbsu:

We just put out Kosi and Dal on the market for picks. Think that means the club is going into a rebuild unfortunately. So no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain to me why we would want to get rid of Kosi and Dal who are both proven AFL footballers for some dud like Farren Ray or Andrew Lovett (who i thought had re-signed with Essendon). Kosi and Dal have had ordinary seasons no doubt but to even think of mentioning them in the same breath as Ray and Lovett? Both Kosi and Dal had interupted pre seasons and Dal was heavily tagged throughout the season. Kosi has proved time and time again that when he is "onsong" he is a very potent Ruckman/Forward who can bust a pack and kick a big goal. I really am at a loss to why these 2 are constantly put up. Last year the whipping boys were Jason Blake and Raph Clarke with both of them improving out of sight this season. I am hoping that Kosi and Dal get a good pre season in and show the footy world what they can do.

End of Rant :)

This is about the 3rd time Roos has denied meeting a player - absolute bullshitter :

The intrigue surrounding the meeting with Cox grew when the Herald contacted Michalczyk last Tuesday. He confirmed Cox had met the Swans coach but maintained it was purely a social chat, saying: "He was having a coffee with Paul Roos - what's wrong with that? It was purely a social chat. I'm his uncle and his manager and he's got another three years on his contract. It was just a social, chance meeting." For his part Roos was adamant he had not met Cox, who is contracted to the West Coast.

Lots of smoke and mirrors!

I don't know much about Ken McGregor, but I assume that if the Crows don't want him then he is no good.

Or lots of smoke and shadows behind the windows, as Travis Cloke might say.

As for McGregor, I heard that he had actually retired from the Crows. Besides that he is a pretty ordinary player anyway who probably isn't worth recruiting, not that it stopped us recruiting another ordinary retired Crows player a few years ago in Matty Clarke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Market List & Description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back