Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one really looks that good in their highlights video. No Walsh, H Reid, Dusty types..You could all see brilliance from each of these. However Smillie/O'Sullivan etc don't cut it.
If anything, Draper looks the best, and even his videos aren't spectacular.

We are talking pick 2!!

I know I'm going off just highlights vids, but that's all I've got to see.

Interested to see how it pans out from here

No one really looks that good in their highlights video. No Walsh, H Reid, Dusty types..You could all see brilliance from each of these. However Smillie/O'Sullivan etc don't cut it.

We are talking pick 2!!

Can i introduce you to Mr Lalor

We are talking pick 2!!

The videos in this thread aren't highlights videos. They're compilations of players full game involvements.

No but they’ve spoken to his manager 4 or 5 times and Dimma has spoken to Daniel twice at least. Don’t BS Wayne
Yes people need to read article properly. All it states is suns haven’t spoken to Richmond. Doesn’t mean the don’t want him and doesn’t mean deal is off and doesn’t mean they won’t offer two first rd draft picks. Just means they do what every club does at this time of year - talk to manager and player if they can. And usually not the club when a player is contracted and hasn’t told them he wants to leave.

We are talking pick 2!!

Agree there don’t seem to be any absolute standouts based on the published videos.
Not sure though we should rely on video of a game or two.
Recruiters will have been looking over a much longer term.
But if it is genuinely an even top 10- 15, I reckon we should split our top pick.

Jonty Faull and Sam Lalor into the VC squad for the weekend

Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

Agree there don’t seem to be any absolute standouts based on the published videos.
Not sure though we should rely on video of a game or two.
Recruiters will have been looking over a much longer term.
But if it is genuinely an even top 10- 15, I reckon we should split our top pick.
No team to split it with

We will get #7 & #8 from GC for Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want 6 picks inside 30 this year

#2 - Sam Lalor
there i said it

Can’t split Lalor or FOS atm. End of year will decide it. Both wonderful players. Future leaders.

Pick 2 & 3 would be sensational. To have these two with the coverage of Taranto and Hopper doing the grunt work while they develop, it’s perfect for me.

Can’t split Lalor or FOS atm. End of year will decide it. Both wonderful players. Future leaders.

Pick 2 & 3 would be sensational. To have these two with the coverage of Taranto and Hopper doing the grunt work while they develop, it’s perfect for me.
If we can find an extra couple of 1st rounders from trades I reckon we could package up a couple for Eagles pick 3. Especially if they can still pickup Bo Allen.

If we can find an extra couple of 1st rounders from trades I reckon we could package up a couple for Eagles pick 3. Especially if they can still pickup Bo Allen.
If we get them we should just use those picks to get Allan ourselves, and Sims or Faull.

Jonty Faull and Sam Lalor into the VC squad for the weekend
Both have hardly played cos of VCE/school footy…And both are game-changers…

Pick 8 & Baker to WC for pick 3

2 FOS
3 Lalor

It would likely need to be similar to the 2022 JHF trade which was pick 2 for pick 8 and 12. If you got 7 for Rioli and manage to pick swap Lions or Blues 1R for a pick in the 14-16 range that might be of interest. Given how relatively even the draft is I think it’s unlikely the top picks are split as clubs with later picks are not going to value them as highly as a JHF/Reid/Daicos pick.

heck off - Pick 20 and Baker at best. Then we have pick 2, 3 and 8.
Maybe have a double shot of coffee this morning, although it is an improvement on your suggestion that we trade pick 3 and 23 for Baker.

Back