Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL app. Will come up with a watch link. Lalor is tomorrow
Thanks for that! I’ve seen some good traits from Lalor from a highlights reel, but I want to see more of him in real time. Just wanna see how his footy IQ is like.

Are there any interesting prospects playing today?

Thanks for that! I’ve seen some good traits from Lalor from a highlights reel, but I want to see more of him in real time. Just wanna see how his footy IQ is like.

Are there any interesting prospects playing today?
Yeah VM and SA. So Smillie, Smith & Draper plus Sims, Reid, Gross, Kako, Trainor and for next year when we suck ass again Dyson Sharp who looks top 2 and Archie Ludowycke who is a KPF.

Sorry Lsta062 Lalor is today. Twomey listed teams with SA v VM first but that's tomorrow.
OK no worries, I guess I’ll be watching the main event today in that case!

Lalor looks like an explosive mid so far, and that’s what we’d want with our first pick. Hope he goes well

It would likely need to be similar to the 2022 JHF trade which was pick 2 for pick 8 and 12. If you got 7 for Rioli and manage to pick swap Lions or Blues 1R for a pick in the 14-16 range that might be of interest. Given how relatively even the draft is I think it’s unlikely the top picks are split as clubs with later picks are not going to value them as highly as a JHF/Reid/Daicos pick.

Maybe have a double shot of coffee this morning, although it is an improvement on your suggestion that we trade pick 3 and 23 for Baker.
Yeah something like that, although I was thinking 7 and 22 and an upgrade or something. 22 would get you Busslinger.

OK no worries, I guess I’ll be watching the main event today in that case!

Lalor looks like an explosive mid so far, and that’s what we’d want with our first pick. Hope he goes well
Please submit your thoughts on the game in 250 words or less.

1719612945292.png

No one really looks that good in their highlights video. No Walsh, H Reid, Dusty types..You could all see brilliance from each of these. However Smillie/O'Sullivan etc don't cut it.
If anything, Draper looks the best, and even his videos aren't spectacular.

We are talking pick 2!!

I know I'm going off just highlights vids, but that's all I've got to see.

Interested to see how it pans out from here
Have you watched Lalor vid, smooth mover with power and speed. Very composed in the traffic.

Yeah something like that, although I was thinking 7 and 22 and an upgrade or something. 22 would get you Busslinger.
I think this is the issue. Clubs looking for the top picks don’t see enough value in trading up this year to offer a deal that’s likely to be accepted by the club with the top pick. FOS being out for most of the year adds a level of uncertainty. In saying that, I’m tipping Lalor to explode in the next 2 games and put himself up there with FOS and Smillie as a clear top 3 and hopefully FOS can play next week against metro. Might be worth revisiting this discussion after the champs in a week when we might have a little better idea of what a top 3 pick is worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first guy I reckon knows what he's talking about even though there are a few odd picks here and there. Second guy...🤪
Would settle for Jagga, Lalor and Travaglia without using picks for player trades. Doubt that TT lasts until a pick in the 20s though.

Daz, seems to be a bit wide of the mark.

Would settle for Jagga, Lalor and Travaglia without using picks for player trades. Doubt that TT lasts until a pick in the 20s though.

Daz, seems to be a bit wide of the mark.
Yep. I'd just swap Jagga for Finn and we've got 3 guys in my top 12 lol

Finally see Bo Allan in the top 10. Think he might even go close to top 5.

Yep. I'd just swap Jagga for Finn and we've got 3 guys in my top 12 lol

Finally see Bo Allan in the top 10. Think he might even go close to top 5.
Really like this effort for us. I've mentioned before that Jagga reminds me of Nick Daicos in the way he runs as well as links up for the give and go. I think we're seeing just how damaging he can be in that role during the champs as he is surrounded by players that can make use of his ball winning ability in the contest and feeding it out.

Back