Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GC makes sense but don't currently have good enough picks to tempt us (imo of course)
They still might though, they have Bulldogs 1st rounder as well as their own.

We would just need to death ride the Dogs but it's still possible for them to finish with pick 5.

Gold coast could end up with picks 5 & 10 for example.

I'd actually trade pick 1 to the suns if we got their picks 5 & 10 (if the ladder ended that way).

AFL & oppo fans would melt, imagine the uproar if we did this and ended up with picks 5,10,21,32,39, 40,41 and the suns got pick 1 which they could use before Lombard gets selected? I mean they would still have picks around 20,26 & 30 so would have plenty of points to match any bid for Lombard.

It would also mean we still have all our late picks to swap with the Lions for example for the Ashcroft bid. We could actually make out like bandits here.

Say Ashcroft went pick 3, Lions would need around 2,200 points to match, we could give them all our later picks similar points ofcourse 32,39,40,41 & 50 for their pick say 12-14 (presuming they continue to win games). Lions still get Ashcroft and we end up getting another pick in the 1st round.

End up:
Richmond: picks 5,10,14 & 21
Gold Coast: picks 1,20,26,30
Lions picks: 32,39,40,41,50

Started with:
Richmond: 1,21,32,39,40,41,50
Gold Coast: 5,10,20,26,30
Lions: 14,44

Interesting wears number 12 , 18 on 2/8/24 194cm ….

It may not be popular but certainly worth considering splitting pick one but would need to do (which I’m sure RFC will do) some thorough analysis on opposition list needs around us on the ladder? If we can get at least 2 picks in top 10 but needs to be after list trades etc settled…
Looks better than Faull imo. He looks very good does Jobe I would be happy with him.

I wouldn't split the pick, the most recent example of a team splitting a top pick was the eagles. They split (sheezel, wardlaw) for Ginbey and Hewett and they were somewhat forced to do so since the players they would've been targeting wanted to stay in victoria.

I'd rather Richmond draft the player they have number one on their board as oppossed to say 6 & 13. Also because im pretty confident we will have Brisbanes first and another pick in the teens if Baker does leave. That'd leave us with 4 picks inside 21 including pick 1

Looks better than Faull imo. He looks very good does Jobe I would be happy with him.
Agreed,
Shanahan has looked the best tall in the prev 2 National Championship games he’s played in. He launches at the ball in the air and is good at ground level . He can play forward or back. Just seems to have a well rounded game.
Faull is just finding his feet though, after injury, so no doubt he has plenty more upside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints may have pick 5 & maybe 6(FA battle).
But if no standout @1 i doubt even STK would do that deal.

If Saints get Battle compo I’d look to do Saints pick #5 and their F1 and F2.

Even if Saints bounce to a SF next year, it gives us worst case #5, #14 and #32. And best case #5, #3 and #21.

But more importantly it ensures we scatter gun 2 x drafts with high picks.

Please note, I’d only entertain this if we are not convinced Smillie or JOS are gonna be stars who are clearly better than #3. I don’t know enough at this stage to make that judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big big no to Smillie for me.

He has zero explosiveness.

He is very light and knocked around despite his size.

He plays with his hands/arms close to his body, not outstretched and really plucking the ball at speed like the really good players.

He also looks kind of clumsy. Look at some of his tackle efforts.

And this is all from his HIGHLIGHTS… I’d definitely prefer Lalor, looks way more explosive.

Reckon it'll go:

1/2/3. Smillie/O'Sullivan/Ashcroft
4.Allan (West Coast will want the best local kid)
5.Smith
6.Draper
7.Lalor
8/9Trainor/Lombard
10.M.Reid

Really bad trade by the Aints to get rid of Ben Long for pick 32.
A disaster.
Playing well at the Suns.
Hopefully, we can pick up some of the Suns players who might be disaffected after Dimma's spray.

Battle is obviously exploring options, as you would.
One of the most in demand players.
3jX0.gif

If Saints get Battle compo I’d look to do Saints pick #5 and their F1 and F2.

Even if Saints bounce to a SF next year, it gives us worst case #5, #14 and #32. And best case #5, #3 and #21.

But more importantly it ensures we scatter gun 2 x drafts with high picks.

Please note, I’d only entertain this if we are not convinced Smillie or JOS are gonna be stars who are clearly better than #3. I don’t know enough at this stage to make that judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Will be stunned if the Aints get a first round pick for Battle. League will toughen up this area, he’s not worth anywhere near that.

Big big no to Smillie for me.

He has zero explosiveness.

He is very light and knocked around despite his size.

He plays with his hands/arms close to his body, not outstretched and really plucking the ball at speed like the really good players.

He also looks kind of clumsy. Look at some of his tackle efforts.

And this is all from his HIGHLIGHTS… I’d definitely prefer Lalor, looks way more explosive.
The more I see the less I like - think everyone is so enamoured by Fyfe/Cripps/Bont/Green KPP sized mids these days but he looks more like the type of high risk/high reward player you take with a late first or a second after all the safer bets are gone than a typical top 2 pick... a boom or bust that could either be another Cripps or another RCD....

Trade period / National Draft 2024

Back