Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't surprise me if we bid on Ashcroft at 1 or 2. Don't think we will bid on the GC kid (even though he is exactly what we need) unless we end up with a later first round pick, around the 8 or 9 mark.
Depends if we trade our later picks with Brisbane so they have points for FS and Academy kids. I would imagine a part of the deal would be for us to guarantee to them that we don't pick Ashcroft.

Anyone reckon we bid at 1? Or just take the guy we can have and let WC/North bid?

Would be difficult because some of those kids aren't pick 1 material so those teams could call our bluff. I guess only Ashcroft at pick 1 would make sense. Give us your best pick Lions

Ignoring the unavailable Academy/FS players, this is how I currently see the draft:

Top 2Smillie, FOS
Picks 3-5Jagga Smith, Sid Draper, Trainor.
Picks 6-10Christian Moraes, Harry O'Farrell, Sam Lalor, Taj Hotton, Murphy Reid
Picks 11 - 20Toby Travaglia, Harvey Langford, Bo Allan, Isaac Kako, Joe Berry, Tom Gross - with also probably both Whitlock twins, Jobe Shanahan & Jonty Faull
20+KPF - Tom Simms, Kayle Gerryn, Harry Armstrong, Charlie Nicholls.

Not sure if I've left anyone out who should displace players from the top 20?
Key position players in particular can surprise and move either way depending on needs of the clubs with picks in particular ranges.
Where's Ashcroft? lol

Ignoring the unavailable Academy/FS players, this is how I currently see the draft:

Top 2Smillie, FOS
Picks 11 - 20Toby Travaglia, Harvey Langford, Bo Allan, Isaac Kako, Joe Berry, Tom Gross - with also probably both Whitlock twins, Jobe Shanahan & Jonty Faull

Key position players in particular can surprise and move either way depending on needs of the clubs with picks in particular ranges.
FOS
Allan(Steal@20)
Berry
Sims
Would be excellent.

Where's Ashcroft? lol
Leaving out Ashcroft, Lombard, Tyler Welsh, Camporeale's etc in this table.
If you have say pick 10 - you'll still be looking at one of the top 10 players from this list, regardless of the fact that it gets pushed back a few places as its the unavailable players that are drafted with the bonus picks that are created.

Top 2Smillie, FOS

Alex Dodson

Anyone reckon we bid at 1? Or just take the guy we can have and let WC/North bid?

this is leverage

We either get overs for our 3rd round picks from brisbane and Gold coast , or we pick lombard and ashcroft, and we destroy brisbane and gold coasts draft hand

I expect this to be how this plays out

Both Lombard and Ashcroft are worth pick 1, So make them pay.

Great position to be in, unless the AFL absolutely reams us

none of that is accurate, they would have casual talk anyway regardless, no need to publish anything.

It sounds like Taranto if not Hopper as well is feeling a little desperate.

The youngsters have all the time in the world within reason, the elder statesmen have been there and done that and over the crest and others have also enjoyed the good times. Taranto comes across as a little impatient.

It has nothing to do with hierarchy, it is about a market of options and providing the best for players and fans seeking premierships.

You do not win premierships being cozy. We had to change our forward line through injury to win in 2017 and Graham just arrived, Pickett just arrived as well for later ones, change is good and if you fear it it suggests you are more likely to lose than win anyway

Taranto and Hopper are allowed to seek a trade or show interest in movement to a club closer to contention window, they are human, it is perfectly understandable? Why would RFC be concerned about this? It is a midfielders draft and our club needs to bide its time a bit more than others to allow our new talent to develop before we challenge again

BTW, we are not here to reinvigorate lists, there is no entitlement to manage a list. We are here to win premierships and or prepare to win premierships. If we have to spend more time preparing to win premierships before winning premierships so be. We are not here to f... spiders
FMD stop flogging the same horse. And Hopper was never mentioned at all. You bought him up. You were completely against both trades from the start and are still going on with it.

A ding dong battle between the two best ruckman in the WAFL Colts this season elevated both their games as they strove to assert center square dominance. Although Smiths team won the game, Gerreyn probably just shaded the matchup with his ability to find more of the football on the spread and damage with his lovely skills. He was also able to hit the scoreboard and though he won fewer hit outs, some of those he did win were lovely touch deflections right down the throat of his midfielders to release attacking moves. Smith was able to use his greater length to give his midfielders first use more often, and was able to use his size around the ground to effect aerial contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bid on Ashcroft, then Lombard, then at pick 3 take the best player since Martin and watch history repeat

Trade period / National Draft 2024

Back