Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends if we trade our later picks with Brisbane so they have points for FS and Academy kids. I would imagine a part of the deal would be for us to guarantee to them that we don't pick Ashcroft.
I imagine this will be a bargaining tool to get a trade done if the other Clubs is weighing up multiple offers. esp as we'll be in the best position to make bids if it came to that.

Leaving out Ashcroft, Lombard, Tyler Welsh, Camporeale's etc in this table.
If you have say pick 10 - you'll still be looking at one of the top 10 players from this list, regardless of the fact that it gets pushed back a few places as its the unavailable players that are drafted with the bonus picks that are created.
Not if these teams trade picks to get ahead of the pick that their FS or academy pick is likely to go. Eg GC trade 7 and 2025 first rounder to West coast for pick 2, select FOS and then get their academy player with lower picks. This takes an available player out of your so called top 10.

Not if these teams trade picks to get ahead of the pick that their FS or academy pick is likely to go. Eg GC trade 7 and 2025 first rounder to West coast for pick 2, select FOS and then get their academy player with lower picks. This takes an available player out of your so called top 10.
Nah it's still the same for team picking 10th as if GC trade down. Only difference is GC are picking 1 of the 10 players.

On the flipside if they didn't trade the pick and just matched you'd get 1 of the 10 with starting pick 11.

Wouldn't surprise me if we bid on Ashcroft at 1 or 2. Don't think we will bid on the GC kid (even though he is exactly what we need) unless we end up with a later first round pick, around the 8 or 9 mark.
Would have to think the bears would take him @1 , would be silly not to

Our best chance at getting a pick inside 10 is if Gold Coast miss finals.
They will be desperate for Rioli, they already are.
Last round of the year it's Richmond vs Gold Coast at the G. I'm calling it now, A Richmond win and we knock them out of finals contention down to 12th, secure our top 10 picks, **** over Harwicks move and new toys, and maintain our pick 1.

Last round of the year it's Richmond vs Gold Coast at the G. I'm calling it now, A Richmond win and we knock them out of finals contention down to 12th, secure our top 10 picks, **** over Harwicks move and new toys, and maintain our pick 1.
That's the dream.

#5 Koby LeCras (West Perth)
Forward | 190cm | 26/04/2008

Stats:
9 disposals, 2 marks, 3 goals

LeCras was among the catalysts for Western Australia’s third quarter surge, with his two marks and three goals all coming within the 23-minute period. Two of his majors were clinical set shot conversions, with LeCras’ finishing and forward craft a throwback to uncle, Mark‘s feats. His raking left foot and marking ability – one-on-one or on the lead – made him a handful inside 50.

We have to look at getting him in the 2025 draft

#5 Koby LeCras (West Perth)
Forward | 190cm | 26/04/2008

Stats:
9 disposals, 2 marks, 3 goals

LeCras was among the catalysts for Western Australia’s third quarter surge, with his two marks and three goals all coming within the 23-minute period. Two of his majors were clinical set shot conversions, with LeCras’ finishing and forward craft a throwback to uncle, Mark‘s feats. His raking left foot and marking ability – one-on-one or on the lead – made him a handful inside 50.

We have to look at getting him in the 2025 draft
WC will have him tanking soon. He's 2026.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes no difference whether its West Coast or Gold Coast with pick 2 - it's still getting used on Smillie or FOS, and pick 10 still comes after the best 9 non academy/FS players are chosen.
It's a bonus if Brisbane and Gold Coast don't trade out their top 10 selections, but don't really expect any high picks to be used for matching so they are all used on the non academy/FS top 10.

lol would be wonderful quirk of fate to bookend the season , make it happen

Dan Rioli is a tremendous player. He is contracted for a few more years. So you only agree to trade him if someone offers you a deal you couldn't realistically refuse. There is some chance Suns would do that to get him.
What if Daniel says I'm not going

With the rule change, if we go heavy mids this year we could get a jump on the competition and simply win in 4-7 years because our list is more suited to the new rules and others have not adapted as they should have and are sticking to traditional viewpoints and structures
Best available mids x 7 please. With decent skill and who can kick.

Maybe a key fwd and a small fwd too.

Posters complain our players don't get enough credit outside the club, then they dismiss a champion like Daniel Rioli as 'easily replaceable'. He's in the top two running defenders in the country. Only Nick Blakey cuts swathes at Dan's level.
I'd probably let Bolton go ahead of Rioli. I really like him and reckon he might even play til he is 33-34.

If he does go though at least we have a few waiting in the wings.

Trade period / National Draft 2024

Back