Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No were not. He'll have the choice whether he wants to nominate as a father-son prospect or not, which he will.
Incorrect. Cody is a top 3 draft prospect.

Under the old rules he was never getting to us as we can only match outside top 40. So he had the choice of Carlscum or the draft.

Now we can match any pick so if he nominates us instead of the scum he is guaranteed to get to us. Gives him a genuine option now. Hopefully the club shafted the old man at some point and they turn their attention to us

Incorrect. Cody is a top 3 draft prospect.

Under the old rules he was never getting to us as we can only match outside top 40. So he had the choice of Carlscum or the draft.

Now we can match any pick so if he nominates us instead of the scum he is guaranteed to get to us. Gives him a genuine option now. Hopefully the club shafted the old man at some point and they turn their attention to us
He's not going to nominate us. He will nominate Carlton.

I dont think we will go with Smillie at #1.
He is too simular to Hopper and Taranto.
I think we will go Jagger, FOS or Draper.

Is there a draft watcher that will tell me otherwise?
trust me

He is the best kid in the draft. His upside is too high to ignore...but if we had two picks inside the top 10 then I would take that.

Wasnt he tipped to be > 40 anyways
now he won't have to keep sandbagging

secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was flagged last year, so no issue with them changing this.

We can make a play for Essendon's first rounder.

Flagged, spoken about, raised. All the same shit gimmick corporate talk nonsense from the AFL.

When is accountability going to come in? Don’t raise it, put it in place and give clubs 12-18 months to work it out in trades and drafting.

Clubs watch these kids for years, they have to plan the list build two to four years out. How can you bring in a rule months out?

Bullshit by this absolute failure of an organisation.

Flagged, spoken about, raised. All the same shit gimmick corporate talk nonsense from the AFL.

When is accountability going to come in? Don’t raise it, put it in place and give clubs 12-18 months to work it out in trades and drafting.

Clubs watch these kids for years, they have to plan the list build two to four years out. How can you bring in a rule months out?

Bullshit by this absolute failure of an organisation.
The AFL flagged in 2023 as a potential change this year after Melbourne (Andrew), Saints (McKenzie) and West Coast (Collard) and Hawks (Vickery) all missed out on academy players.

The problem is that there is a huge advantage to Northern clubs in the draft. Should never have been changed in the first place.

I don’t mind the change, it just means all clubs can match academy bids no matter where the bid is placed. Sucks for melbourne who missed out on Mac Andrew when they changed it to only being able match bids outside top 20, and then top 40. The afl have still not committed to changing the points system, so very much doubt they change it this year if they have announced the academy change.

Last edited:
tigs2010 appears that Essendon will be able to match a bid on Kako anywhere in the draft this year.

The advantage of having their ex-boss as the Essendon coach.

Melbourne lose access to Mac Andrew and then the rules revert. What a farce.

Didn’t they say they were looking tighten up rules around access? Forever chasing their tails this mob. Laughable

- Edit: I see these points were well covered here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back