Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember when graham met with carltoon at the end of 2021

we couldve had the world for him then as he was serviceable and well established and came from a dynasty club

now we'll get a piece of warm shite instead

The way I look at drafting is that is all probabilities. Better picks = higher probability of higher quality and more likely to make it. So more picks = better chance. And better picks = better chance. There are no guarantees. But a range of good picks should lead to multiple players of quality ending up on the list.

So to me it isn't about the specific picks we get, it's about the overall package we get versus the draft class.

This year the top 8ish are good to really good, and after that we have a smorgasbord. We want picks in that top 8 zone to get likely A graders, then it's about numbers until pick 35ish this year.

i hope we look at sliding again. Trade a pick for something later and next year's second rounder. Try to end up with a crop of 5 or 6 players this year and then 4 or 5 top 30ish picks in 2025, with other picks we can trade forward to keep it rolling.

Just get a good portfolio of picks and try to turn that into a multi-year portfolio of good picks. Hopefully get the 4 or 5 A graders and a bunch of good B graders over the next 3 years and we will be back fast and in the long run.
we just need to focus on getting draft picks in this years top 8 I think, it is that simple, amybe one or two after

we couldve had the world for him then as he was serviceable and well established and came from a dynasty club

Gee you're pushing your luck asking for warm

Aren't there concerns about Langford's athleticism? I'm suprised he's jumped up to four.

If he has a big slow contested ball winner I'd rather we steer clear given the players we currently have in there.

I like Langford and rate him but I would be surprised he went at four. Is Twoomey playing games?? 4 seems high to me.

He had a good champs, was a fellow Larke medalist but it is not as if he is flawless

Cleary saying his market value is 700k. ****ed if anyone knows how but that would be pick 22.

I'll lock him in Groupie_ 's dungeon until he accepts.

Band 3 = 550-700K, based on 2023 salaries

- Top five per cent = first-round pick 900K+

- Top 15 per cent = end-of-first-round pick 700K - 900K

- Top 30 per cent = second-round pick 550K - 700K

- Top 50 per cent = end-of-second-round pick 400K - 550K

- Top 70 per cent = third-round pick 300K - 400K

Band 3 = 550-700K, based on 2023 salaries

- Top five per cent = first-round pick 900K+

- Top 15 per cent = end-of-first-round pick 700K - 900K

- Top 30 per cent = second-round pick 550K - 700K

- Top 50 per cent = end-of-second-round pick 400K - 550K

- Top 70 per cent = third-round pick 300K - 400K

Where'd you get those figures from?

mr hanky the christmas poo jack graham

Ok hear me out.

Right now we hold pick 1, 21 & 35 in the first 2 rounds. What if the following was to unfold

Baker chooses WCE who then trade back with Fremantle so they can then target a WA kid like Bo Allen in the draft and get picks 7 & 14 for 3 & 23. They then trade 14 to us for Baker.

Gold Coast comes hard for Daniel and trades picks 8, 9 & 20 for Daniel & 14.

Fremantle now armed with picks 3 & 10 then come late for Bolton & 9 offering both in a last minute all or nothing roll of the dice.

We lose Baker Bolton & Rioli but hit the draft with 1, 3, 8, 10, 20 & 21 in the first 2 rounds. Which could mean adding Draper Smith Langford Lalor with the first 4 picks and then target KPPs with the next 2.

We could then trade our remaining picks for 2025 picks and set up another raid in the draft .

A man can dream
I’m not sure how losing three of our most important players all in the same period is a “dream”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm making suggestions based on him saying he wants out. Sure he's contracted and we'll ask for plenty if he wants out, I just don't believe we'll get as much as people are wanting.
He’s contracted. The club will definitely get they want.

I don’t think it will be a Soldo situation where we warm to the idea.

Last edited:

I remember some genius at the rfc signing papers to send Richo to Carlton for sausage :sick: That would have gone well at RFC barbecues :)

I’m not sure how losing three of our most important players all in the same period is a “dream”.
Agree it's a nightmare really, the dream part was the draft haul we'd get which would then allow us to fast track the rebuild.

As I stated later I believe we lose Baker, Rioli is 50/50 and Bolton has said he's staying

Why would we have traded a 23yo midfielder who’d just finished 2nd in our B&F, knowing we’d be losing most of our midfield in the next 3-4 years when Graham should’ve been hitting his peak. Trading him out wouldn’t have crossed the mind of anyone at the club even for a split second.

Club couldn’t have predicted his on-going soft tissue injuries and his lack of development from 2021-2024.

If suggestions he’d be offered a deal around $650-700k for 3-4 years are true, then we need to get him a VIP chopper to the airport, as would unlock band-3 compo (pick-22). I can’t believe that’s what he’ll be offered, but given he’s a free agent maybe it is…??

My dream scenario for what we’d get in trade value is losing Graham and D Rioli and retaining everyone else. If Baker and Rioli both stay, we really need to move Graham on. We cannot do ‘nothing’ this trade period in respect to beefing up our draft hand, and if it’s pick-22 it’s an absolute no-brainer for Graham to be eased out.

I’ve said this before … picks in the 20’s are going to be absolute GOLD this draft, as there’ll be plenty of players those without top-30 picks want badly, and will trade up to get them.

So we will easily be able to slide back a few spots as we did last year and accumulate future 2nd and 3rd rounders from the likes of Pies, Dogs and Port.

I’ve got confidence Blair is all over this, as I can see the Graham pick ending up getting us an early-30’s this draft plus a 2nd and 3rd rounder in 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even if her were to leave, he’s a Richmond man. And his family are Richmond people.
yeah but if he lives on the goldy after his career then they will choose gold coast

gotta think ahead champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back