Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really see a way to get one without giving up Dan Rioli.

Maybe a trade down with GC but those picks are not going to be great. Probably 9 & 12 before a Battle compo.

Its been shit that 2 of the top prospects have missed huge chunks of the year in FOS/Lalor plus Draper was fresh back when Champs hit. We've been dudded a bit in this respect.

The below video of Lalor is from last year and had more of a burst of speed that you want from your mids. If he can come back like this then he has to be in the frame.

Think Ive landed on a Jagga/Lalor combo as ideal imo. Think Kmac 2 will develop into an absolute bull. Those 3 with the support of Hop and Tim, mwah.

I'd say it's a combination of the 2 with more weight being given to those who have had sustained performances across the period from U16s through to their draft year, over a kid who explodes from nowhere in 1 year.
To add to this the majority of the top age kids are also going through year 12 studies and huge time commitments to schooling.

It can be a huge drain on a lads energy levels and some just don’t handle the year 12 year very well at all.

My personal opinion has been that the draft age should be raised to 19 and try to allow these kids focus through year 12 studies.

Can't really see a way to get one without giving up Dan Rioli.

Maybe a trade down with GC but those picks are not going to be great. Probably 9 & 12 before a Battle compo.

Its been shit that 2 of the top prospects have missed huge chunks of the year in FOS/Lalor plus Draper was fresh back when Champs hit. We've been dudded a bit in this respect.

The below video of Lalor is from last year and had more of a burst of speed that you want from your mids. If he can come back like this then he has to be in the frame.

Yeah its Rioli / Shai ( I wouldnt trade Shai) or possibly Baker pick plus our pick 21??

Think Ive landed on a Jagga/Lalor combo as ideal imo. Think Kmac 2 will develop into an absolute bull. Those 3 with the support of Hop and Tim, mwah.
I don't see a way we get both. Maybe if Lalor's leg needs amputating :think:

Wait until we get Dyson Sharp next year (although I expect WC to tank hard here. They are good at it)

secret smell GIF

This is true. Ashton Moir was touted as a contender for last year's no.1 pick in his bottom age year but ended up at pick 29.
But it's hard to compare FOS to Moir as both players play 2 different positions.
I am only mentioning the narrative, not so much players. Its just something we see all the time, but my man Richo no likey.

I have been hard for Lalor for a while, Draper / Lalor, Jagga / lalor or FOS ( at his best) / Lalor is a beautiful blend.

I am only mentioning the narrative, not so much players. Its just something we see all the time, but my man Richo no likey.
I think it depends why they were rated high early. Moir from memory was purely some exciting attributes, can't tell which foot he kicks etc, where as FOS/Draper were more production based having earned AA as under agers.

Kade Herbert last year was in Twomey's top 10 to look out for this year, looked like a spud to start Champs, played well last game and now playing well in SANFL seniors but don't see him any top 30's now.

Did Lalor play at the weekend?

My current preferences for our first pick, in order...

Jagga Smith
Harvey Langford
Sam Lalor

I reckon Langford just has that look about him, that he will be a very solid AFL player. We might not be getting an absolute superstar with him like Harley Reid or a certain D. Martin, but we'll be getting someone tough and with size and who can find the footy.
I think Lalor would be back at school footy now if he played.

Not at Dusty's level when it comes to kicking but geez Lalor moves just like him, obviously wearing the #4 makes it hard not to think of Dusty when watching him.

I think it depends why they were rated high early. Moir from memory was purely some exciting attributes, can't tell which foot he kicks etc, where as FOS/Draper were more production based having earned AA as under agers.

Kade Herbert last year was in Twomey's top 10 to look out for this year, looked like a spud to start Champs, played well last game and now playing well in SANFL seniors but don't see him any top 30's now.
100%, I agree, FOS just really needs to get a wriggle on.

I don't see a way we get both. Maybe if Lalor's leg needs amputating :think:

Wait until we get Dyson Sharp next year (although I expect WC to tank hard here. They are good at it)

secret smell GIF
It's looking like Baker's gone. Should get a pick in the teens at worst. Could we use that in conjunction with a handful of junk picks to nab another top 10 pick off the Suns? They get Leo we get Lalor.

Three strong senior SANFL performances in a row now for my current choice for number 1 draft pick Sid Draper. He split his time pretty evenly between onball and half forward, and it was arguably at half forward where he did most of his damage in this game showing his potential versatility as a prospect. In a brilliant sequence late in the third quarter Draper was pivotal in a three goal burst for Souths, booting 1 goal himself and directly assisting two more, effectively sealing the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's looking like Baker's gone. Should get a pick in the teens at worst. Could we use that in conjunction with a handful of junk picks to nab another top 10 pick off the Suns? They get Leo we get Lalor.
I think currently we'd get 23 & maybe F2. Ultimately that's what they have and I think they're nuts to split pick 3 with Freo. I'd prefer that to say pick 14 alone in this draft (if we are using the pick on a draftee) but prefer 14 if we can line something up to get Lalor.

Will a Suns pick be enough to get Lalor? Hard to say currently. What does 14 & 15 (Brissy pick) get us will someone trade for those?

Suns are interesting. The bid may not come before their first pick. They could then trade out the Dogs one for points.

If it comes before the first pick do they just use it to match and use the 2nd one in the draft.

I think ideally they trade both up to a higher pick but Dogs starting to hit form will make that harder.

I think currently we'd get 23 & maybe F2. Ultimately that's what they have and I think they're nuts to split pick 3 with Freo. I'd prefer that to say pick 14 alone in this draft (if we are using the pick on a draftee) but prefer 14 if we can line something up to get Lalor.

Will a Suns pick be enough to get Lalor? Hard to say currently. What does 14 & 15 (Brissy pick) get us will someone trade for those?

Suns are interesting. The bid may not come before their first pick. They could then trade out the Dogs one for points.

If it comes before the first pick do they just use it to match and use the 2nd one in the draft.

I think ideally they trade both up to a higher pick but Dogs starting to hit form will make that harder.
Agree with this. May have to give a 3rd back this year but with points only going up to pick 40 next year (so the rumour goes) a future 2nd will be gold. Also their 2nd this year will help to get into the 1st round as I don't want to lose our first 2nd round pick. With the depth in this years draft we could easily get a later 2nd and F1 from a team that believes it's a contender next year.

If there’s a reasonable risk that the bid comes before their first pick there’s no way the Suns use their first pick on matching

It’s worth way more in trade then it’s pure points value and the suns have enough later picks to match anyway

I reckon they’ll either package the picks to try and ensure they get ahead of the bid or trade them into next year

If there’s a reasonable risk that the bid comes before their first pick there’s no way the Suns use their first pick on matching

It’s worth way more in trade then it’s pure points value and the suns have enough later picks to match anyway

I reckon they’ll either package the picks to try and ensure they get ahead of the bid or trade them into next year
Agree. I don't see them trading them back. If the bid comes before the first then they have to get rid of both if they don't use the first to match. If the picks end up 9 & 12 they may sacrifice 9 to get to use 12.

The other option I left out is they trade them for a gun, they need good players rather than more kids anyway. They have a stack of points for Lombard already.

Agree with this. May have to give a 3rd back this year but with points only going up to pick 40 next year (so the rumour goes) a future 2nd will be gold. Also their 2nd this year will help to get into the 1st round as I don't want to lose our first 2nd round pick. With the depth in this years draft we could easily get a later 2nd and F1 from a team that believes it's a contender next year.
A 2nd and future 2nd for their 3rd rounder back this year as I think we have too many points as is would probably work. I think 23 would be easily turned into a future 1st on the night and if its a top side maybe something extra.

Great opportunity to set ourselves up for multiple top 30 picks in back to back drafts.

If Draper's great form continues, I wonder if Adelaide would be tempted to trade do something with their Pick 4/5 + extras for our Pick 1/2/3?
Hopefully they finish below St Kilda with Battle a chance to get band 1...

If North want Trainor and Adelaide Draper then Pick 4 still leaves 3 of FOS, Smith, Smillie and Lalor.

Doubt they give an F1 though as they'll want to be in the Dyson Sharp sweepstakes and I believe may have already traded this years 2nd.

Hopefully they finish below St Kilda with Battle a chance to get band 1...

If North want Trainor and Adelaide Draper then Pick 4 still leaves 3 of FOS, Smith, Smillie and Lalor.

Doubt they give an F1 though as they'll want to be in the Dyson Sharp sweepstakes and I believe may have already traded this years 2nd.
And they need some points for Welsh. Was just a thought. Let's see how badly they want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back