Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Berry 22p 7m 5t 1.1
Jack Whitlock 19p 5m 3t 3.3
Matt Whitlock 16p 4m 2t 2.2
Josh Murphy 10p 5m 2t 3.1

Zac Johnson 23p 2m 4t 3.1
Archer Day-Wicks 23p 2m 5t 3.1
Tobie Travaglia 22p 10t 2.0
Zaydyn Lockwood 11p 1m 4t 21ho
Tom Sims 8p 2m 3t 3.0 24ho
Jobe Shanahan 8p 3m 5t 0.0
Gabriel Stumpf 7p 3m 4.0
If we're ever going to load up with draft picks and fast track a rebuild it surely has to be this year. Short term pain could bring some serious long term gains. Looking at that group that would seem to be the next tier below the top end talent and there is a heap of potential there.

Homer Drool GIF

If we're ever going to load up with draft picks and fast track a rebuild it surely has to be this year. Short term pain could bring some serious long term gains. Looking at that group that would seem to be the next tier below the top end talent and there is a heap of potential there.
Homer Drool GIF
This year and next year. Take the hits and picks and go again.

Don't think you can tell Baker, Rioli or Bolton they're not guaranteed game time 😆

Graham and the super old campaigners only
With those guys I believe you put it to them that they need to be 100% committed to what Yzes vision is and if they aren't then it may well be in their best interest to look at moving on. So not exactly telling them they're going to play VFL but they could if they're not fully invested

Agree Draper does look good but he doesn't fit in to the type of midfield group I would hope we build for the next premiership tilt.

What our 2017 to 2020 side showed me is you need to be different from the norm with the overall make up of the team.

Recruit best of type you want for future side not best available of anything .

For The record I don't think Yze will have a vision of the future side and will just make do with what ever random recruiting he is given .
Completely disagree. Yze would have a vision for what his best side looks like and the type of players he wants to have in that side. If you go by his comments since being appointed, he wants a team that is strong at the contest, excellent ball users and defensively sound. Draper suits that sort of requirement the best out of any player in the mix for our first pick.

Completely disagree. Yze would have a vision for what his best side looks like and the type of players he wants to have in that side. If you go by his comments since being appointed, he wants a team that is strong at the contest, excellent ball users and defensively sound. Draper suits that sort of requirement the best out of any player in the mix for our first pick.
Smillie and FOS fit that too.

Who are we forcing out? Dependant on mutual agreement of course but I would be up front with each of them.
For a start, we can't afford to lose all of them. Rioli and Short have long-term contracts, so you'd be telling the playing group and any future recruits that our commitments to them are rubbery.

I know our eyes light up at the possibility of getting two top-10s for Daniel. But we won't. GC will trade one of them into next year, bet on it. So then you're talking about at best picks 7 (becomes 10) and 20 (becomes 24), and possibly losing MoJu for nothing. The club is very keen on MoJu as one of our top kids and he is exactly what Dogwick's forward line needs too.

Short, I am with you.

Not correct. Send Baker and our pick F2 to WC for their F1. Add in a late sweetener if required. This is just one example of possible trades. WC and Richmond will end bottom 3 in 2025. You could be talking pick 1 and 2. Also if Balta left as an unrestricted free agent you could be talking 1,2 and 3. Our recruiting staff need to be super active. Note: I don’t advocate letting Balta go.
No way West Coast does that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's get him signed up. Last important player for us to get signed long term.
was an article on msn today
he basicaly said he is a tiger firor life
wants to help the young defenders coming through
like astbury grimes and rance helped him
says the down tinmes now will only
make the good times sweeter in the upcoming years
he says how he was speakiong tio dusty and dusty said
it was like 2010 when he first started, and you have to go through
the down time and the hard times to aprreciate when you do get success

Better in terms of ball use. Draper's disposal is just okay. Smillie not great defensively though. Questions about his defensive running, and tank full stop.
Getting RCD flashbacks reading that.

For a start, we can't afford to lose all of them. Rioli and Short have long-term contracts, so you'd be telling the playing group and any future recruits that our commitments to them are rubbery.

I know our eyes light up at the possibility of getting two top-10s for Daniel. But we won't. GC will trade one of them into next year, bet on it. So then you're talking about at best picks 7 (becomes 10) and 20 (becomes 24), and possibly losing MoJu for nothing. The club is very keen on MoJu as one of our top kids and he is exactly what Dogwick's forward line needs too.

Short, I am with you.

No way West Coast does that.
Why not? I was just pointing out you can secure another first rounder but you need to pay for it. It may require baker, our second pick and our F2 pick to get WC F1. Put up if you want early picks. Pick 1 in 2025 is golden.

Think he might be one that goes earlier than the mocks. Exact type that recruiters are looking for. Said it ages ago on draft board I think he could be second WA guy called when all the talk was Urquhart.

The other one I reckon flying under the radar on BF is Jack Ough. 194cm wing with December birthday. Nearly 20 touches a game.
jacks younger brother fuch is a ripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back