Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Coast could have pick 4 by end of the season. Are now only 6 points ahead of 15th place with the Crows with a game in hand.

View attachment 2060702
Think GC dropping to pick 5 is a real possibility - don't think Crows will be able to get ahead of them.
Splitting pick 1 or 2 for pick 5 and ~pick 10 is worth at least considering.
Worst case the first 4 picks go on Draper, Smillie, Smith & Jagga.
Trainor or a bolter could let one of them slide.
Are we happy likely missing our preferred Draper/FOS option for instaed getting Lalor and Armstrong (or whoever - Bo Allan, Langford.....)
GC should be desperate to get ahead of the Lombard bid and get 2 top 5 players with their 2 first rounders.

Swingman Balta wants to take Tigers back to the top​

Anna Harrington
Sat, 27 July 2024, 4:01 pm AEST·3-min read

Noah Balta arrived at Punt Road when Richmond had barely finished the afterparty of their famous 2017 breakthrough premiership.
Three years later, he experienced that dizzying high himself.
Now, Balta, 24, wants to help lead Richmond out of the AFL doldrums and back to the top.
"I'm in a stage of my career now where it starts with a down (moment) and nobody really listens to your story," Balta told AAP ahead of his 100th game.
"Hopefully we come back and we make it back to the top and then everyone talks about how you were at the bottom.
"But this is the part of the story and the journey that's important to me and how I grow through it and develop through it.
"This 100 games is just me reflecting on how I've been going."
Balta's career has been defined by swapping between defence and attack on a needs basis.
Coach Adem Yze, who the defender has built a close relationship with, often jokes he'd like two Baltas.

"I just see it as an opportunity," Balta said.
"Sometimes when you play one position for a long time, you can get into just going through the motions a little bit.
"Switching it up keeps me honest."
The Tigers can strike another hammer blow to Collingwood's flailing premiership defence with a victory at the MCG on Sunday.
Balta isn't thinking beyond what it would mean to Richmond.
"It's always nice to get a win and it doesn't matter who it's against, really, when you're in our position at the moment," he said.
"I feel like when you're on top, you take those little wins for granted.
"But I was speaking to Dustin (Martin) the other day and he just spoke about 'remember this feeling now' because when he first came to the club, this is how it was.
"We have a lot of young boys that were in his exact same position. So for them to now grow and see this part of us will make the highs so much more worth it and better."
Balta is out of contract at the end of 2025, but doesn't see himself anywhere else.
"I like to think of myself as a loyal guy," he said.
"I've won one (premiership) where I was the younger fella and I had Dylan Grimes and Dave Astbury pushing me.
"Now I'm that guy to step up and teach those younger boys what they taught me.
"Dylan Grimes, David Astbury and Alex Rance, what they did for me - it's almost like they put their game aside to make sure that I was growing as a player and that's when they played their best footy as well.
"I'm just starting to understand that now."

Desperately seeking to keep their finals hopes alive, Collingwood suffered a huge blow when star midfielder Jordan De Goey was ruled out of Sunday's clash with the Tigers because of a lingering groin issue.
De Goey failed a fitness test on Saturday and was withdrawn from the Magpies' team, replaced by first-year forward Joe Richards.
Collingwood coach Craig McRae said De Goey's injury is an "ongoing" concern.
"You see week-to-week it looks like he's slightly improving and then another week he might have a corkie or something else," McRae said on Friday.
"I don't think much is going to change in that space for the rest of the season."

was an article on msn today
he basicaly said he is a tiger firor life
wants to help the young defenders coming through
He's gonna help them by playing forward so they can get a game.

Getting RCD flashbacks reading that.
Smillie is leagues better. Unlike RCD he gets leather poisoning. Some belief amongst other clubs he's our number 1.

Why not? I was just pointing out you can secure another first rounder but you need to pay for it. It may require baker, our second pick and our F2 pick to get WC F1. Put up if you want early picks. Pick 1 in 2025 is golden.
To repeat: Because West Coast wouldn't do it.

Smillie is leagues better. Unlike RCD he gets leather poisoning. Some belief amongst other clubs he's our number 1.
It was more to do with the lack of defensive game and tank while being that much bigger that caused the flashback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like to see Langford play VFL.
Can dominate under age football, because of his size, it’d be interesting to see how he goes against bigger bodies
Yep I think that's the box he has left to tick.

The same could be said for Smillie. Does his size translate to playing against mature bodies.

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back