Trade rumours involving Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

ImperialPurple said:
However, if it was like this...
Richmond: downgrade from pick 8 to pick 13 + lose a player, get Polak
Freo: lose pick 13 + Polak, get Tarrant
Collingwood: lose Tarrant, get pick 8 + player
... then I would feel much more satisfied that a win:win:win trade had been worked out.

Essentially two first round picks for Tarrant?
And our midfield problems still havent been addressed? I dont think so

MEMO ICKE...

Don't get jipped on Polak like we almost did with Simmonds 2 years ago. We were lucky we got Heath Black in the end, it looked as though he was heading to PSD & we'd get nothing, only happened in last 30 minutes. Take a 1st round pick for Polak tommorrow...1st in best dressed...he is worth no more, no less. Who cares what club he goes to...apparently has no passion for Freo anymore so he can go forth & multiply. Ditto Medhurst if the rumour is true.

Then we can start looking at a trade for Tarrant etc...Our 1st round pick + medhurst or walker....take it or leave it. & move on....there are bigger fish to fry....Wells, Mark Williams, Hadley, Ray...

sabre_ac said:
Essentially two first round picks for Tarrant?
And our midfield problems still havent been addressed? I dont think so

Yeah maybe maybe not... but that would be a better option that us giving up half the freaking list plus a first rounder for Tarrant, while Richmond are laughing all the way from Docklands back to Punt Rd for getting Polak for free. If Freo are dead keen on getting Tarrant, then you have to go for the lesser of two evils....

Plugga said:
MEMO ICKE...

Don't get jipped on Polak like we almost did with Simmonds 2 years ago. We were lucky we got Heath Black in the end, it looked as though he was heading to PSD & we'd get nothing, only happened in last 30 minutes. Take a 1st round pick for Polak tommorrow...1st in best dressed...he is worth no more, no less. Who cares what club he goes to...apparently has no passion for Freo anymore so he can go forth & multiply. Ditto Medhurst if the rumour is true.

Then we can start looking at a trade for Tarrant etc...Our 1st round pick + medhurst or walker....take it or leave it. & move on....there are bigger fish to fry....Wells, Mark Williams, Hadley, Ray...

And remember when your playing poker always keep a straight face.

Plugga said:
Take a 1st round pick for Polak tommorrow...1st in best dressed...he is worth no more, no less. Who cares what club he goes to...apparently has no passion for Freo anymore so he can go forth & multiply. Ditto Medhurst if the rumour is true.

Polak's not worth a first round pick in this draft with his off field issues. Four clubs are interested, bulldogs, tigers, essendon and carlton. Carlton and Essendon have the first 2 picks in the PSD, so if they can convince Polak to head to their club they will try to secure him in the PSD or offer their 3rd round pick. They're not going to give up a pick in the teens for a guy they can get for nothing. Richmond have said they wont trade their picks, but are willing to trade down picks (ie Polak + picks 13 and 31 for picks 8 + 26) or an inside midfielder (Coughlan). Bulldogs will be trading their 2nd round pick for Aker, so probably won't be trading another pick. A possibility with the dogs would be to trade Polak and pick 31 for pick 10, I'd be stoked with that.

I'd much rather end up in a position like Dom says, basically upgrading and adding a 2nd round pick for Polak.

Preferably Richmond for a higher pick and also to minimize the improvement in the Dogs with Aker.

Freo Big Fella said:
Tarrant wants to go to West Coast according to the worst this morning. Let them have him! We all remember what it was like with Croad having an unenthusiastic player with a ridiculously high salary.

Go for picks instead.

Difference is that Tarrant wants to play for WC. Croad had no choice.

David_Brent said:
Difference is that Tarrant wants to play for WC. Croad had no choice.

That is true. Before Croad went into surgery he was a Hawk. After he got out of surgery he was a Docker. He had no intention of moving to Dockers in the first place. His heart was not in the right place to start with when he moved over West

inferno66 said:
That is true. Before Croad went into surgery he was a Hawk. After he got out of surgery he was a Docker. He had no intention of moving to Dockers in the first place. His heart was not in the right place to start with when he moved over West
If Tarrant doesn't perform over here (assuming he is traded), there won't be anything left of his carcass once the WA media are through with him. At least Croad made it out alive, barely but still alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly Gav. IIRC Croad had agreed to the trade in principle prior to going in for surgery, he just didn't know what the outcome had been until he came out. He knew that if the deal could be done he'd wake up a Docker, he just didn't know whether the deal would get over the line (same with the clubs, but they were working on it).

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=302590

Tigers put picks before Polak
2:17:56 PM Tue 10 October, 2006
Paul Gough
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond has conceded it will struggle to secure Fremantle key position player Graham Polak during AFL trade week with the Tigers not willing to sacrifice their youth policy by surrendering draft picks.

While the Tigers began trade week as the frontrunners to secure the talented 22-year-old, Richmond football director Greg Miller said on Tuesday it was now highly unlikely Polak would end up at Punt Road.

"We probably won't be involved (in a deal for Polak)," he told Sportal.

Miller said the Tigers would probably have to give up an early round draft pick to Fremantle in order to secure Polak but was not willing to do so with the Tigers determined to continue re-building their team with young draftees as they have done so impressively in the past two years - particularly given this year's draft is considered the strongest since the 2001 "super draft."

"We are building towards something here and we don't want to lose any draft choices," Miller said.

The Dockers are likely to demand at least a second round draft pick for Polak, given that at 22 and with 73 games behind him he is coming into the peak years of his career.

And he also has extra value because he can play both as a key forward and a key defender with the Tigers initially having earmarked him as a potential answer to their lack of height in defence.

Polak struggled to break into a much-improved Fremantle side this year, managing just 11 games for the season and only one after round 13 when the club's winning streak began.

Meanwhile Miller denied the Tigers had offered up goalsneak Andrew Krakouer for trade.

"That is not right, all we did is tell clubs (on the opening day of trade week on Monday) that we had an abundance of inside midfielders and that we were prepared to listen to offers but so far no-one has contacted us," he said.

I honestly though Polak made huge strides this year as far as sorting out his off field issues and building some bloke. i think he will break into the side next year and stay there

It really was the development year that he needed and I think maybe he lost confidence because of this. He put on a heap of weight which needed to happen and he now looks like a real KPP. I'd rather keep him! But then again we said that about Trent Croad when CC said he would send him back to CHB and we traded him a week or 2 later.

2003 Polly was my favourite player.... :(

Best of luck to him, really sad to see him go as I still think he'll make it. I just hope we can get a reasonable trade for him. Come on Saints - give us that pick 9!!! ;)

ImperialPurple said:
2003 Polly was my favourite player.... :(

Best of luck to him, really sad to see him go as I still think he'll make it. I just hope we can get a reasonable trade for him. Come on Saints - give us that pick 9!!! ;)

The original post regarding pick 9 was by BeeDee, who is full of b.s. I'd be happy with anything in the top 20 but even that is unlikely. We should shift our focus to Coughlan or Tuck since the tigers have said they want to trade a small for a tall.

Yeah agree. Tuck or Coughlan would be okay. Tuck preferably just from an injury POV.

What about the Tarrant trade? Who actually thinks he'll be at Freo in 2007? personally I don't. My "gut-feel" is that he'll either stay at the Pies or become a weagle.

brown_2000au said:
Coughlan and Tuck are both worth alot more than Polak!
THere is no way that we would swap them directly. We would want a low pick also (2nd rounder atleast)

lol. Look I love Coughlan but right now on the open market, Polak is worth more. You will find out yourself on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade rumours involving Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back