Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

I'm guessing he hasn't got a deep talent pool of candidates to choose from and the selection criteria empties the well out even further.
deadshit right wing reactionary populists seems to be a relatively deep talent pool in the US, hopefully we don't go that way, they're certainly doing their best to make it so

The lack of concern for fairness for women and their safety on the sports field is scary.

you really can’t get more bad faith than a gif avatar of Ace Ventura chewing gum. Odious. It blatantly goes beyond fairness and safety of women in sport with you, invalidates any attempt to pretend otherwise.

Edit: already doubled down and tweaked with an AV deal with it gif, classy

Last edited:

Twitter has been quite amusing this morning. I wasn't aware that Jesus was a DJ back in the day. Even if it was a parody of the Last Supper, the point of that particular scene was inclusivity, as one of the core values of the Olympic Games.

I was also amused by the claims of satanic rituals around the French Revolution scene. Tell people you don't know history without saying you don't know history.

Why in the name of Mercury would a non-binary person be classed as trans? That makes absolutely no sense.
Who knows. For attention? I am honestly not sure.

"In 2021, at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Quinn became the first out transgender, non-binary athlete to compete at the Olympics"

Like literally the only thing that got you that achievement was saying "im non binary". Any of the previous women to ever compete could have done the same thing if they wanted.

Why in the name of Mercury would a non-binary person be classed as trans? That makes absolutely no sense.
Trans-gender means transition from your birth gender, right? And non-binary means not identifying as either male or female, yeah? So Nikki Hiltz transitioned from their birth gender to a non-binary one. Nikki is still trans, just not binary trans.

I realise it's hard to 'get' at first when you don't come across nor read about people like this in your everyday life, but even if its for everyday diplomacy and yeah, good manners it's good to brush up on societal changes that might otherwise catch you unawares.

These are the people in our neighbourhood.

Trans-gender means transition from your birth gender, right? And non-binary means not identifying as either male or female, yeah? So Nikki Hiltz transitioned from their birth gender to a non-binary one. Nikki is still trans, just not binary trans.
There's a number of reasons that this is internally contradictory, inherently misapplying language conventions and, probably more importantly, undermining the concept gender itself, but I honestly cannot be bothered with the argument. She can call herself whatever makes her comfortable, it makes no difference to me.

There's a number of reasons that this is internally contradictory, inherently misapplying language conventions and, probably more importantly, undermining the concept gender itself, but I honestly cannot be bothered with the argument. She can call herself whatever makes her comfortable, it makes no difference to me.
I always thought that non-binary purely mean not identifying nor presenting as either male nor female. Neither 'Man' nor 'Woman' fit into their identity but it's still an identity to transition to from one or the other so, from my understanding anyway, the 'trans' label is still a correct one.

I always thought that non-binary purely mean not identifying nor presenting as either male nor female. Neither 'Man' nor 'Woman' fit into their identity but it's still an identity to transition to from one or the other so, from my understanding anyway, the 'trans' label is still a correct one.
For a category of non-binary to exist, you have to acknowledge gender as a binary, which not only makes the concept of being non-binary internally contradictory (you can't say there's a binary and then declare yourself something else, that would make it a trinary), it also contradicts the idea of gender as a spectrum, which many people ascribe to.

And trans as a prefix means denotes something moving from one state to another, as opposed to going back again or in circles or in a fluid sense. That would be omni, or something similar in meaning to that.

But I said I wasn't going to be sucked into this and have failed within minutes, so shame on me.

Usual wild Friday night. You?

Just reading and trying to understand why someone with your experience is getting sucked in to this topic on this forum. But I do enjoy your posting. So there is a conflict for me. What does ShanDog have to say about this. v He should know better.

Sorry for quoting you. It was quite impulsive on my behalf. (an online version of me yelling at my TV screen).

Edit: I do rather than I don't.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And trans as a prefix means denotes something moving from one state to another, as opposed to going back again or in circles or in a fluid sense. That would be omni, or something similar in meaning to that.

But I said I wasn't going to be sucked into this and have failed within minutes, so shame on me.
And gay means happy.

For a category of non-binary to exist, you have to acknowledge gender as a binary, which not only makes the concept of being non-binary internally contradictory (you can't say there's a binary and then declare yourself something else, that would make it a trinary), it also contradicts the idea of gender as a spectrum, which many people ascribe to.
You're right, official acceptance means an etymological end to 'non-binary' as it applies to gender classification.

Just reading and trying to understand why someone with your experience is getting sucked in to this topic on this forum. But I do enjoy your posting. So there is a conflict for me. What does ShanDog have to say about this. v He should know better.

Sorry for quoting you. It was quite impulsive on my behalf. (an online version of me yelling at my TV screen).

Edit: I do rather than I don't.
Aw gee Skip, can't folk discuss the issues/problems facing society at large anymore?

I realise it's hard to 'get' at first when you don't come across nor read about people like this in your everyday life, but even if its for everyday diplomacy and yeah, good manners it's good to brush up on societal changes that might otherwise catch you unawares.

These are the people in our neighbourhood.
Just from a language perspective... not expressing disagreement... "trans" isn't short for transition. "Trans" and "cis" are Latin prefixes that are generally used in science to mean "other side" and "same side" respectively. It's used for chemical isomerisation around a double bond, for instance.

So, I can understand the confusion around the use of trans with non-binary, as cis and trans sort of imply a binary situation. Potentially the language around gender was developed with a short sighted view?

Just from a language perspective... not expressing disagreement... "trans" isn't short for transition. "Trans" and "cis" are Latin prefixes that are generally used in science to mean "other side" and "same side" respectively. It's used for chemical isomerisation around a double bond, for instance.

So, I can understand the confusion around the use of trans with non-binary, as cis and trans sort of imply a binary situation. Potentially the language around gender was developed with a short sighted view?
Yeah. Maybe there does need to be another look taken at the terms used. While word meanings seem to fluctuate with changes/advances in society the way we use Latin prefixes tends not to change so much.

Why is that less than 1% of the population are Trans females but 50% of the starting 10 for the flying bats are Trans?

If it was an even playing field shouldn’t this be proportionate to the regular population?

Why don’t we see a local football side with 5 trans males?

Why is that less than 1% of the population are Trans females but 50% of the starting 10 for the flying bats are Trans?

If it was an even playing field shouldn’t this be proportionate to the regular population?

Why don’t we see a local football side with 5 trans males?
"The Flying Bats is the biggest LGBTQIA+ women’s and non-binary football club in the world."

"we are a not-for-profit LGBTQIA+ community football club for women and Non-Binary people based in Sydney’s Inner West."

Please read:

"The Flying Bats is the biggest LGBTQIA+ women’s and non-binary football club in the world."

"we are a not-for-profit LGBTQIA+ community football club for women and Non-Binary people based in Sydney’s Inner West."

Please read:

And half their premier side were born as males and now dominating. What a funny coincidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back