Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other....

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess you can kind of understand it. He obviously lacks maturity, but he felt embarrassed about leaving and feeling he was letting everyone down. It's not great behaviour but it's really not that bad.

Watching Wilkies speech I think probably sums up some of the ill feeling. Talked about his love for the club. A love Battle obviously doesn't share.
It's not bad from him but it's understandable why the playing group likely doesn't want him at a Saints function where the group is talking about a strong future together and their love of the club.

I guess you can kind of understand it. He obviously lacks maturity, but he felt embarrassed about leaving and feeling he was letting everyone down. It's not great behaviour but it's really not that bad.

Watching Wilkies speech I think probably sums up some of the ill feeling. Talked about his love for the club. A love Battle obviously doesn't share.
Good god you make up rubbish

How does he lack maturity lol over $2million dollars difference between our 1st offer and last offer. We low balled him on the 1st offer

Fancy looking after your future really lacks maturity
🐑 🐑 🐑

Good god you make up rubbish

How does he lack maturity lol over $2million dollars difference between our 1st offer and last offer. We low balled him on the 1st offer

Fancy looking after your future really lacks maturity
🐑 🐑 🐑
Was referring to the story of telling everyone he's staying then texting the next day that he's leaving, if it's true obviously.

Was referring to the story of telling everyone he's staying then texting the next day that he's leaving, if it's true obviously.

So there’s no evidence it’s true. Is there even an original source in here, or just people who read other posts hinting at it?

How about people just grow up and accept that’s the industry. We’re happy to bring in players, so why hate them on the way out? He came 3rd in the bnf and put in 100%. What else can you ask?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So there’s no evidence it’s true. Is there even an original source in here, or just people who read other posts hinting at it?

How about people just grow up and accept that’s the industry. We’re happy to bring in players, so why hate them on the way out? He came 3rd in the bnf and put in 100%. What else can you ask?

Understand your point but that’s like saying do not irrationally scream at the tv when a 50/50 decision goes the wrong way. THAT is the industry and it’s based on passion.

Both perspectives are sort of correct.

As long as nobody bops him on the head when he is walking down the street it’s all really pantomime.

A poor look he didn’t turn up for the bnf.

It was reported in the Herald Sun by Ross Lyon's media puppet.

Totally agree, whatever the reason for the animosity towards him it's a shame he couldn't come last night to say goodbye to mates and celebrate what was an excellent season for him.

OK - as a beneficiary of one of the tickets to the B&F from the player sponsorship I had a fairly hectic day. I finished up an on-line meeting with my UK office, then pretty much had to immediately get changed and make the trek up from the Mornington Peninsula to Crown. I love the venue, and there was a lot less protestors than the last time I was there!

My only gripe (as someone that had to drive there) was minor, but it was that there was no light beer option available in the drinks in the foyer area outside the ballroom. I'm no fan of light beer, but in this day and age responsible alcohol consumption if you are driving is mandatory, and venues/event managers must consider this.

The event was great and I loved the central round stage in the middle of the room, to bring the action closer to the paying members.

By absolute chance, I ended up sitting next to the other forum ticket holder in Samm!! It was a great pleasure to meet her, and she is good company and has some interesting tales to tell of her far-flung adventures.

I had a few (watery) light beers once inside so made a few trips to the facilities, which is where I seemed to run into a large part of our playing list and coaching staff, including the eventual winner! Loved the President's speech, and more power to him - I would almost consider a campaign to change the club's constitution to enable this bloke to stay in the role for an extra term!

One thing I would like to know - who is the girl that MC'd the event? She's obviously not just some random, but I have no idea who she is, although she spoke very well........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, whatever the reason for the animosity towards him it's a shame he couldn't come last night to say goodbye to mates and celebrate what was an excellent season for him.

Would have been like Robbie Williams turning up at the "Boy Band" awards just after he left "Take That".

" Thanks for the third place award everyone, I'll miss you all, but not that much because i chose to leave for less money than i can get with the Saints, and i'll be doing everything i can to try to make my new team finish ahead of your team next year. I just want you all to know that you are my clear second choice as a team and mates ".

Would have been like Robbie Williams turning up at the "Boy Band" awards just after he left "Take That".
I’m sure Josh was invited but there is absolutely no way I would even expect him to go. Imagine 1,000 Saints fan badgering you all night about going and / or calling you a traitor etc etc. it’s the same every year and at every club. Anyway, he’s yesterdays news now, let’s look forward to a good compensation pick!

I’m sure Josh was invited but there is absolutely no way I would even expect him to go. Imagine 1,000 Saints fan badgering you all night about going and / or calling you a traitor etc etc. it’s the same every year and at every club. Anyway, he’s yesterdays news now, let’s look forward to a good compensation pick!

When you see your mates off , you have a few quiet ones in the pub, or a cafe if you don't want to drink.
Best and fairest event wouldn't be a "goodbye" it'd be a circus.

Yeah mate you're spot on actually.

OK - as a beneficiary of one of the tickets to the B&F from the player sponsorship I had a fairly hectic day. I finished up an on-line meeting with my UK office, then pretty much had to immediately get changed and make the trek up from the Mornington Peninsula to Crown. I love the venue, and there was a lot less protestors than the last time I was there!

My only gripe (as someone that had to drive there) was minor, but it was that there was no light beer option available in the drinks in the foyer area outside the ballroom. I'm no fan of light beer, but in this day and age responsible alcohol consumption if you are driving is mandatory, and venues/event managers must consider this.

The event was great and I loved the central round stage in the middle of the room, to bring the action closer to the paying members.

By absolute chance, I ended up sitting next to the other forum ticket holder in Samm!! It was a great pleasure to meet her, and she is good company and has some interesting tales to tell of her far-flung adventures.

I had a few (watery) light beers once inside so made a few trips to the facilities, which is where I seemed to run into a large part of our playing list and coaching staff, including the eventual winner! Loved the President's speech, and more power to him - I would almost consider a campaign to change the club's constitution to enable this bloke to stay in the role for an extra term!

One thing I would like to know - who is the girl that MC'd the event? She's obviously not just some random, but I have no idea who she is, although she spoke very well........

Alicia Loxley, channel 9 associated, she's a news anchor / journo. So let's say, she was used to throwing to Bruce the 3AW guy Eva so he could be awkward with anyone approaching until he finished his thought.

Well oiled machine.

Tom Barrass didn't have any issues going to West Coast's B&F. Actually got up and made a speech.

He probably never mislead his mates like Josh did though.

Alicia Loxley, channel 9 associated, she's a news anchor / journo. So let's say, she was used to throwing to Bruce the 3AW guy Eva so he could be awkward with anyone approaching until he finished his thought.

Well oiled machine.
Anyone see Finn Callaghan there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Trevor Barker Award 2024 Mon 30 Sept 7:30pm

Back