Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other....

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have been, but if playing with your team mates across the year means anything to you and saying goodbye would have shown respect rather than just dismissing your mates as past history.

What a load of crap.
You don't know what they've done as far as saying goodbye.
They don't have to do it in a public arena just because the media like a side show.

OK - as a beneficiary of one of the tickets to the B&F from the player sponsorship I had a fairly hectic day. I finished up an on-line meeting with my UK office, then pretty much had to immediately get changed and make the trek up from the Mornington Peninsula to Crown. I love the venue, and there was a lot less protestors than the last time I was there!

My only gripe (as someone that had to drive there) was minor, but it was that there was no light beer option available in the drinks in the foyer area outside the ballroom. I'm no fan of light beer, but in this day and age responsible alcohol consumption if you are driving is mandatory, and venues/event managers must consider this.

The event was great and I loved the central round stage in the middle of the room, to bring the action closer to the paying members.

By absolute chance, I ended up sitting next to the other forum ticket holder in Samm!! It was a great pleasure to meet her, and she is good company and has some interesting tales to tell of her far-flung adventures.

I had a few (watery) light beers once inside so made a few trips to the facilities, which is where I seemed to run into a large part of our playing list and coaching staff, including the eventual winner! Loved the President's speech, and more power to him - I would almost consider a campaign to change the club's constitution to enable this bloke to stay in the role for an extra term!

One thing I would like to know - who is the girl that MC'd the event? She's obviously not just some random, but I have no idea who she is, although she spoke very well........
Glad you had a great time.

A bit concerning that our list was hanging out in the toilets…! ;)

Darcy Wilson coming 8th in his first year is ridiculous. Could crack top 5 next year.
He had a brilliant debut season but I reckon we have barely even scratched the surface of what he is capable of. His combination of both pace and endurance is probably the best in the league, and he also has extremely good footy IQ, very neat skills, strong overhead, good attitude. He really could be absolutely anything.

He had a brilliant debut season but I reckon we have barely even scratched the surface of what he is capable of. His combination of both pace and endurance is probably the best in the league, and he also has extremely good footy IQ, very neat skills, strong overhead, good attitude. He really could be absolutely anything.

For much of the season he pretty much played a role and did it well. Played good footy, did nice link up work, nailed his kicks etc.
For the last couple of games he really took it on a bit more, gave some hints to the future.

Most of them weren't wanted by their old clubs. How many were best 22 of the team they left and still wanted by them? I count Hill and Henry.

How many of those players came to us for a smaller salary than what their old club offered?
It's a fair point. Maybe Crouch would have still been getting a game with the Crows, but he did have the lapse of judgment that might have hurt him.
Key point is, yes, indeed, these players were fringe players, except for Henry and Hill.

We can get fringe players, a bit Brisbane Bears-like.
Bear market?

Most of them weren't wanted by their old clubs. How many were best 22 of the team they left and still wanted by them? I count Hill and Henry.

How many of those players came to us for a smaller salary than what their old club offered?
I think you'd have to include Crouch as well, he did win their BnF in 2019 and was injured during 2020 before he came to us.

That’s what I like about the BnF, it more or less shows who did what they were told (from the coaches view). As a supporter, I have biases…so I’m not really a good judge of our playing group.
This points to why Marshall didn't do as well as many here expected. I imagine his tactic of grabbing the ball out of the ruck and hacking it forward wasn't an instruction from the coaches and they were frustrated about it like a lot of supporters were too.
He did have a very good season but I feel like his main role in actually rucking could've been better.

This points to why Marshall didn't do as well as many here expected. I imagine his tactic of grabbing the ball out of the ruck and hacking it forward wasn't an instruction from the coaches and they were frustrated about it like a lot of supporters were too.
He did have a very good season but I feel like his main role in actually rucking could've been better.
I found that interesting as it was mentioned that he was told mid year to stop doing that, but most of his votes were in the first half of the year. It certainly showed that I see things differently to the coaches...which probably explains why I'm not one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found that interesting as it was mentioned that he was told mid year to stop doing that, but most of his votes were in the first half of the year. It certainly showed that I see things differently to the coaches...which probably explains why I'm not one!
I'm not a coach either - but I would think if he was having success grabbing it and kicking it forward maybe we should have tried getting our forwards a little more forward and in front of the backs and see how that went rather than telling him to not try getting it forward in the first place ?

Glad you had a great time.

A bit concerning that our list was hanging out in the toilets…! ;)
I'm tipping if they had to drink the same watery light beers that I was confined to, then their need of the facilities was probably as substantial as mine!! I would normally drink straight single-malt or gin and tonic, so light beer goes straight through me......rubbish stuff, but no alternative if you're driving.

Looks as though the club are trying to fully harness an underdog, rage against the machine, if you're not with us you're against us culture. I like it, I think it plays to our history and identity. You run the risk of becoming insufferable w***ers if you don't achieve anything, but better than choir boys who don't achieve anything.

We don't know the full story.

We don't know how Josh handled the exit.
This is almost spot on:

“Told the club and the playing group he was staying only to get shit faced on mad Monday and make a dick of himself. Then goes back on his word at his exit interview. In other word he ****ed the club over”

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Trevor Barker Award 2024 Mon 30 Sept 7:30pm

Back