ALL - STARS

Lance Franklin
Chance Bateman

VICTORIA

Luke Hodge
Sam Mitchell
Campbell Brown

pity Crawf didn't get selected...

It's an honour for Hodge and co to get selected for the Vics, but as for the All-Star selections . . . i just hope they don't get injured.

Brad Sewell not good enough to get a gig?

I have no idea why Sewell didn't get selected.

Averaging 25 touches a game, single handedly winning matches through his ball winning ability.

And these plebs get a game before him:

Travis Cloke, Collingwood - 21 years old. 59 games, 61 goals
Jason Gram, St Kilda - 24 years old. 56 games, 21 goals
Brent Stanton, Essendon - 21 years old. 80 games, 46 goals
Dale Morris, Western Bulldogs - 25 years old. 66 games, one goal

Just don't want Brown to smash Buddy!

There will be an injury to a key player out of this match and i'd like to know who will compensate the club for that loss when it happens.

For all of you who are spruiking about how many hawthorn players are selected lets just see how you all react when it is one of ours or more then one that gets injured in a nothing match that means nothing to the Hawthorn FC....

We'll have over 3 miilion dollars worth of assets running around the G for a BS tribute match because the AFL wants it......its a joke.

Great to be nominated, but it will be a different thing to actually get to play.I think all 5 of our nominees are a sniff.
well done to changa for his work this and last year for this nomination
bad luck crawf, bit of sentimate would of been nice here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be an injury to a key player out of this match and i'd like to know who will compensate the club for that loss when it happens.

For all of you who are spruiking about how many hawthorn players are selected lets just see how you all react when it is one of ours or more then one that gets injured in a nothing match that means nothing to the Hawthorn FC....

We'll have over 3 miilion dollars worth of assets running around the G for a BS tribute match because the AFL wants it......its a joke.

I fully agree with this.

Hawthorn stars (the core of our premiership window), are being risked in a meaningless match. (from HFC POV)

We are one or two bad injuries away from our run at the premiership being derailed. Just so the effing AFL knobs can bignote themselves.

Has anyone thought through the total cost to HFC of, say Buddy doing his knee?

Glad to see Bateman get some recognition! Unlike the Australian rep team that played in Ireland he is selected for his footballing performance and not just his speed.
Having a great year is Bateman well deserved :thumbsu:Sewell should of got a spot on form?13 Geelong players bullshit!

Obviously some political choices have kept a couple of our boys out.

Crawf not in a squad of 40 all stars is ludicrous.
Sewell would be at least on bench or a tagger in the V team if I was selecting it.

Whatever the case, I will be seriously worried about injuries so glad they are not in. Although I hate Geelong, I'd be rather nervous if I was Mark Thompson, and I think it is almost unfair on them to have so many players selected. (although it still has to be culled I suppose)

I reckon all 5 of ours will play.

I fully agree with this.

Hawthorn stars (the core of our premiership window), are being risked in a meaningless match. (from HFC POV)

We are one or two bad injuries away from our run at the premiership being derailed. Just so the effing AFL knobs can bignote themselves.

Has anyone thought through the total cost to HFC of, say Buddy doing his knee?

Someone put a figure on it, 2 or 3 of our stars go down with season possibly career ending injuries, off you go..who is going to compensate us for it and what is it worth.

.....Buddy/Hodgey gone for the year so are our chances of winning the flag.....but who gives a toss, lets watch them go around in a nothing match because the AFL want more exposure just in case they dont get enough...

..oh and yes lets call it a tribute match...we can have the leagues best fight it out and lets put everyones class players at risk for an exhibition match in a footy saturated market just in case soccer get a wif of anything.

...Good luck....i just want all of you to think about how you'd feel if all of our players got injured and were rubbed out for an extended period of time.....don't be fooled all the Clubs are not happy about it and have been instructed to talk the game up and given financial incentives to do so and participate.

...it's not gunna happen i hear you saying....who gives a toss ....why
would you expose your best players and most valuable assets to such a risk?....

...anyway enough of that....i know some of you will actually want to and look forward to seeing our players participate...i for one am dead against it and as the AFL would have me believe, i am in the minority...they're probably right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribute Match teams announced- 5 hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back