Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did they revise?

One of the parents expressing concern about their waistline, basically.

I don’t agree with it, but it’s not POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD by any non-edgie definition.

A character showing concern about their waistline?
Seems an odd thing to be sensitive about.

What did they revise?

This kind of covers it. They've just cut the entire opening of the episode including where Bandit claims that he doesn't have the chance to exercise because of work and looking after the girls. Before it immediately cuts to him trying to exercise and the girls turning his exercising into a game.

The DnD movie is pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be. Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez are the oddest pairing in a long time.

Talking to a mate tonight and mentioned we're paying cash for our solar panels as it's gonna be cheaper. He replies with '**** you must be rich'. Usually I can cop this, but this particular mate:

Earns more than me by at least 10%
Doesn't have a mortgage - his dad brought him and his wife a house when he got married as a gift
Didn't pay for his car - his dad gave him his relatively new (6 years?) Old car when he got a new one, and took my mates older one to use as a trade in
Last week won 12 grand on the pokies

By what ****ing measure would he be in a position to throw around jokes about other people having more money than him?? It took all of my gollys to let that one slide.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t agree with it, but it’s not POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD by any non-edgie definition.
Cartoon dog family makes observations about weight gain before taking positive action to do something about it. The people offended by this are not people shows that are as good as bluey should be getting chopped and changed for.

What next, the cut all the parts where bandit does smelly poos out of sensitivity to those with bowel issues?

Cartoon dog family makes observations about weight gain before taking positive action to do something about it. The people offended by this are not people shows that are as good as bluey should be getting chopped and changed for.

What next, the cut all the parts where bandit does smelly poos out of sensitivity to those with bowel issues?

Blueys whole success is based on this ‘type of person/parent loving the positive messaging and stuff, this isn’t ‘political correctness gone mad’ it’s business.

Blueys whole success is based on this ‘type of person/parent loving the positive messaging and stuff, this isn’t ‘political correctness gone mad’ it’s business.
It's not business at all.

If it isn't liked they can ban the episode. As they have before. It's better than ridiculously over the top censorship.

Banning good. Scene cutting bad?
Yep. The context and story is compromised. The episode doesn't really flow. But to anyone with half a brain it's still clear he doesn't like what the scale says.

There's already episodes banned in America.

They did censor a few things that were unintentionally racist for a worldwide market. Fair enough. But a line has to be drawn on allowing creators to make their stories and show as they want and not worrying about the possibility of whoever might be offended by it this week.

Is anyone's quality of life really going to be impacted by this?

Last edited:
It's a weird flex from the Bluey creators, given the rise in Type 2 Diabetes in middle aged men.
Ignoring it and pretending it doesn't exist seems about the worst thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back