Game Day U18 National Championships - Allies v Vic Country Sunday July 7th 10.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

I still maintain, despite FOS and Smilie and Lalor letting everyone down with their performances today, they will be the names mentioned at the top of the order.

There’s Coates League and Finals still to come, Jagga plays for a poor side, I think those others will have more of a chance to further impress.

I think FOS at his best has the most complete game of all the draftees, but of Cotchin mixed with Sam Walsh, but, he’s gotta get himself right. He's underdone but as a learned person told me, it was only a finger injury 😂- so I expected after his last quarter last game, he would do what he does in big games and dominate. Watching from the ground, he was very disappointing.

Positives are, there is about twenty blokes who can be top 10. What a ****ing draft. From the Travaglia’s to the Kako’s to the Reid’s to the Langford’s to the Faull’s this draft has so many talented players. Thats just in Victoria!

If you don’t think this is the draft to get 4-5-6 picks inside 20-25, I can’t help you.

This is a beauty of a draft.
Best thing is Smith is going play a few games for us in the vfl.

One thing I like about Lalor from the limited amount that I’ve seen of him is his high impact. Damaging with his disposals even when he doesn’t get many of them.
be a nice change from the usual low impact, low disposal midfield draftees that have been our go lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smilie 15 touches for 8 clearances, including the match winning clearance at the end of the game…

Now that’s high impact
Its a strange one, the 2 best performing mids are not getting much love, Smillie and Jagga

Smilie 15 touches for 8 clearances, including the match winning clearance at the end of the game…

Now that’s high impact
He is about twice as strong as the next kid though, that's actually a problem because we can't get a gauge of how he'd perform against another midfielder in the 90kg range who he'll be manning in the AFL. You could argue he has a pretty low ceiling.

He is about twice as strong as the next kid though, that's actually a problem because we can't get a gauge of how he'd perform against another midfielder in the 90kg range who he'll be manning in the AFL. You could argue he has a pretty low ceiling.
He doesn't look super strong in fairness though.

Agreed and he will be big for an AFL player too. He looks bigger than Cripps height wise who is 195cm.
yeah for sure, a few pre seasons in the gym, not with us obviously, and the kid will be a monster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day U18 National Championships - Allies v Vic Country Sunday July 7th 10.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back