Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too much chat about who played and who didn't play...

Wouldn't worry about the Red Headed Dutchman... if young VDB is anything like his older brother then it won't take much to frighten the friendly giant. :eek:

I believe Big Maxy is in fact still eligible for U19s as a 19 ½. He deserves respect for playing and having an impact at senior level. He also won the comp B & F in 2010 so I would suggest he does not frighten that easily. Would happily have him in my team.

And I agree with the above sentiments. Does not matter who was not playing, only who was. Great win by Scotch but Xavs still my pick in September.

In follow up, Beetham, Iacone, Berengo and Douglas are extremely talented players and I have no doubt they would have made a significant difference to the make up of the side.

Round 7 guys... Put the lid back on.

Good result for Scotch - not much between the top players, the benefit that DLS & Xavs have on other premier teams is depth, 2 teams so upward pressure every week. When injuries hit, finals loom, those teams' bottom six is superior.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

anyone willing to give an early prediction into this weeks games?

A great round coming up. 4 of the 5 could go either way.

OMs V Fitz.
OMs going ok and pushed De La all the way last week. Roys getting better each week but OMs at home.

Blacks V Blues
Blues list and depth just seems a bit better. Another tight one.

Brighton V SBMT
The only certainty for the round. Hope the Beach boys continue to improve but this will be a blowout.

Beauy V Scotch
Scotch going the better at the moment. Could go either way but Scotch in a close one.

DLSV Xavs
De La not in great nick at the moment. Will be tight but Xavs with too many match winners should win.

dont think xavs are over rated, theyll be as strong a force as any later in the year i feel.
how do you compare de la's form? strong win against the cards then fell ova the line against mg...

A great round coming up. 4 of the 5 could go either way.

OMs V Fitz.
OMs going ok and pushed De La all the way last week. Roys getting better each week but OMs at home.

Blacks V Blues
Blues list and depth just seems a bit better. Another tight one.

Brighton V SBMT
The only certainty for the round. Hope the Beach boys continue to improve but this will be a blowout.

Beauy V Scotch
Scotch going the better at the moment. Could go either way but Scotch in a close one.

DLSV Xavs
De La not in great nick at the moment. Will be tight but Xavs with too many match winners should win.

Tips for what I think will be the best round so far this season!

Old Melburnians vs Fitzroy - will be a tight contest with either team able to win! OM's seemed to push De La this week and with the home ground advantage they should see the Roy Boys off in the last quarter!!

Uni Blues vs Uni Blacks - another tight one but I will go with Blacks in a mini upset! Blacks by less then a kick

Beaumaris vs Old Scotch - One of the matches of the round!! Scotch will miss Sansom! and with Beauy's huge home ground they should be able to run Scotch off their feet and win by 3 goals!

Bye vs St Bedes/Mentone - 4 points and a percentage boost for the Tigers coming up!

De La Salle vs Old Xaverians - Cant wait to see this clash!! Xavs havent beaten De La since 2009! But the last time these two side met during the season it was one of the better games of footy I have seen! I expect this to be a repeat of that game with only the result being different and xavs taking the points by less then 10!!

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for what I think will be the best round so far this season!

Old Melburnians vs Fitzroy - will be a tight contest with either team able to win! OM's seemed to push De La this week and with the home ground advantage they should see the Roy Boys off in the last quarter!!

Uni Blues vs Uni Blacks - another tight one but I will go with Blacks in a mini upset! Blacks by less then a kick

Beaumaris vs Old Scotch - One of the matches of the round!! Scotch will miss Sansom! and with Beauy's huge home ground they should be able to run Scotch off their feet and win by 3 goals!

Bye vs St Bedes/Mentone - 4 points and a percentage boost for the Tigers coming up!

De La Salle vs Old Xaverians - Cant wait to see this clash!! Xavs havent beaten De La since 2009! But the last time these two side met during the season it was one of the better games of footy I have seen! I expect this to be a repeat of that game with only the result being different and xavs taking the points by less then 10!!

Thoughts?

OM v Fitz - Game to be over at 1/4 time with the Roy boys smashing 10 goals with the breeze at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow end and holding OM's to only 4 in the second

Blues v Blacks - Blacks just

Beau v OS - OS after agreat win last week will find this very tough, happy to tip them to get the choccies though. Beaumaris will not win a flag in U/19 premier in the next 5 years. Just can't close the gap

SBMT

OX v DLS - At Dairy Bell De La are a 4 goal better side, but the freezer has been switched off of late and the team is starting to defrost. Xavs with a few back to win by an even 3 goals

I think you and I could get along very very well. But please Scotch playing in September ??????

More chance of Brighton making a late run for the finals...

Scotch recent history in Premer 19s is pretty good. 3rd in 2008, 4th in 2009 and 3rd in 2010. Plenty of clubs with a much worse record than that and it looks like they will be thereabouts again this year. Agree they were not great in last years finals series but they have won the same amount of U19 flags in recent years as Xavier.

Scotch recent history in Premer 19s is pretty good. 3rd in 2008, 4th in 2009 and 3rd in 2010. Plenty of clubs with a much worse record than that and it looks like they will be thereabouts again this year. Agree they were not great in last years finals series but they have won the same amount of U19 flags in recent years as Xavier.

scotch as a 'general' club... would have thought last week at toorak park was a final. apply the gasmask

scotch as a 'general' club... would have thought last week at toorak park was a final. apply the gasmask

In all fairness to Scotch, I thought they would fail under pressure but from all reports played hard and didn't buckle under the challenge. Winning at Xavier is quite important for their confidence.

However I can see them getting touched up Beauy this week, their ego's will be inflated.

Boys get on down to the Uni Blues Derby this week - wil be a cracker. Blues by 13 points.

Rooster.... The point being they havent won any flags. I dont think any team at that club has won a flag recently.

But less talk about the poojabber's.

The game at Dairy bell will be a cracker. What's the news coming out of the ice cream factory??? Any of those bokes in the seniors coming back down??

Any news on the ins and outs for Xavs???

Hmmmm Dairy Bell :):p:p

Rooster.... The point being they havent won any flags. I dont think any team at that club has won a flag recently.

But less talk about the poojabber's.

The game at Dairy bell will be a cracker. What's the news coming out of the ice cream factory??? Any of those bokes in the seniors coming back down??

Any news on the ins and outs for Xavs???

Hmmmm Dairy Bell :):p:p

Take your point but as this is a 19s Premier forum the Scotchies efforts in recent years have been pretty good. They have won nothing but deserve some credit for surviving so long in both ‘A’ section and the top under 19 grade.

None of the De La 19s playing seniors will be back any time soon, if at all. Seniors crippled with injury and all of them have been performing well. Weakens the 19s significantly but gives opportunities to others.

De La will smash OX's, Xavier boys are getting ahead of themselves.
lets not forget the deplorable effort they put forward in the Grand final.

Loving the passion coming from people in this forum and it is clear who knows what their talking about and who doesnt. Its a bit silly and immature to come on and only plug your team and say stupid things about other teams. De la have dominated the comp for years and deserve to be the champs so i dont know why xavier are claiming the tittle or already think they are going to win the premiership. Scotch deserve credit for thier win but yes it is still early and they won 10 in a row last year only to lose 2 finals in a row. I think de la, xavs and scotch are the three best teams in this comp and have been for a number of years. The bloke that is calling the red headed bloke from scotch soft, you must be pretty tough to say it on a computer mate.
OMs to have a good win under lights (30 points)
De la to beat xavs (15 points) - not sure what hapend to de la last week bu they will bounce back
Uni blues and Blacks to play out a draw (74 points a piece)
Scotch to beat Beuy (20 points)
SBMT over brighton (120 points)

Looking forward to the results but i think regardless of the up and down nature of u.19 footy the final 4 will be the same as last year dela, scotch, xav and beuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back