Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be safe considering OB have already dropped down? I doubt the ammo's will drop 3 sides in a season!! very interesting with Todd and I would say that could be a big loss for your boys come the end of the season?

Good call on OMs. Forgot about OB dropping out midway but Blacks always keen to stay in Premier to remain on a level footing with the Blues. OMs may prefer to drop down anyway after 2 tough years in Premier. Blacks actually a pretty good side now and much better than their 2 wins suggest.

In regard to Todd he has been a permanent fixture in the seniors since about rd 5 or 6. I am led to believe all involved, including the player himself, felt it would be harsh to drop a regular for someone who has not played 19s since about May. Team unity more important than 1 individual even though he would be very hard to stop in the 19s. Has been a very solid senior player.

well at least muf isn't denying that he picks out individuals and tries to vilify people based on their socioeconomic status and even then he gets that wrong by making ambiguous statements that are incorrect....ohh and the scotch incident has been named by a few individuals where he went to photos and got several stitches into his lip due to being punched in the face behind play...no one saw it because it was behind play off the ball, and we all know it wasn't just a contest. just ask 'betterthanyou' who i'm pretty sure he's explained what happened numerous times "So hitting someone behind play and leaving them to get stitches in there lip isnt one of the lowest acts you've seen. Or do you just choose not to talk about that MUF." "You still haven't said anything about the hit behind play and your complaining about an incident that umpires saw and never did anything about. Are you serious?"

Can you please shut up, clearly your season is over after this weekend so you're interested in talking about stuff that relates to you..but some of us have more important things to talk about actually regarding footy; in particular finals so please refrain from polluting this forum.

Bedes and Xavs to go at it this saturday in what is going to be a highly anticipated match..expect the de la boys to get down in large numbers and have a geeze at what they're going to be facing the following week. Really unsure of who to go with here, bedes are the in-form team of the comp no doubt and the home ground advantage is surely going to play some part in the end result, but xavs are a seriously tight bunch and with a few key players coming back it really makes it hard to pick a winner.

Xavs to win in extra time!

Look if the boys stick to their structures and processes, whilst taking it one week at a time, because there is no I in team- the result should look after itself,says captain 'slim' Douglas

Hot Off the Press !!!!!!!!!

News filtering out of HQ is that Old Scotch are on the brink of folding .........stay tuned for details.

P.S: nerf - You sir are a goose!:)

MUF may not always get it right but he has been a solid contributor to the forum for several years so perhaps we can cut him some slack for a post made in the heat of the moment. Probably time to move on.

This weeks games.

SBMT v OX. A qualifying final to see who plays the DLS in the 2nd semi. OX have been the best side all year but at risk of missing the double chance. Only the home ground advantage sways me to SBMT by less than 2 goals.

OS v Beauy. Beauy impressive last week and in better form than the Scotchies. Sharks by 10 points.

Blues v Blacks. These teams very evenly matched and the Blues with maybe just a few more match winners to narrowly get the points by 15 for RFS who is one of the best contributors to this forum. Will the great man be at the helm again next year?

Fitzroy v OMs. Actually reckon the Roys are a fair unit and had they been able to put 4 quarters together more often they would have finished much higher. Like their seniors the OMs 19s look like going down a division next season and will exit with a 5 goals loss in their last game.

And De La with their feet up hoping OX and SMBT beat the crap out of each other. Interesting decision they chose not to qualify Mark Todd who needed to play 19s last week. A good call IMO to stick with the boys who have played all year together.

Interested in the Beauy comment can't be travelling that well loosing at home, although De La are good heard they had a few out? Beauy away from home alway a different side!

News filtering out of HQ is that Old Scotch are on the brink of folding .........stay tuned for details.

Give me spell. Absolute garbage post and I won’t be taking the bait. :thumbsdown:

Are you out of your mind!? I have never heard so much garbage. If it was from a more reliable source on this forum I would pay some sort of attention to it but coming from you (which constantly knocks Old Scotch) I pay not an ounce of respect to.

The Old Scotch bagging is just getting plain boring, we know it's not a successful football club - get over it!

Also life isn't just about winning VAFA premierships, it's not the be all. Amateur footy doesn't pay wages you nuffy (actually they do at Xavs, got a few examples of ex AFL players getting a bit on the side). So while you bask in premierships, which I'm sure you don't even play a part in - others get on with their lives and become successful at work or whatever they please.

Tips;
St Bedes
Uni Blues
Fitzroy
Old Scotch

Are you out of your mind!? I have never heard so much garbage. If it was from a more reliable source on this forum I would pay some sort of attention to it but coming from you (which constantly knocks Old Scotch) I pay not an ounce of respect to.

The Old Scotch bagging is just getting plain boring, we know it's not a successful football club - get over it!

Also life isn't just about winning VAFA premierships, it's not the be all. Amateur footy doesn't pay wages you nuffy (actually they do at Xavs, got a few examples of ex AFL players getting a bit on the side). So while you bask in premierships, which I'm sure you don't even play a part in - others get on with their lives and become successful at work or whatever they please.

Tips;
St Bedes
Uni Blues
Fitzroy
Old Scotch

Hahahaha - You make me laugh

The fact that you would take it seriously from another source sums that club up!! Enough said....

Spare me with the life chat ...it’s a VAFA forum if you want to talk about being successful at work than do it somewhere else. ......But hey I spose you're right I mean no one or nothing successful ever comes out of the Prahran football factory.

{Insert Sarcasm)

Be careful with such allegations my friend!!!

One round left for you ….then you can “get on with your life” and continue being successful at work ……I will post you a medal.

MUF may not always get it right but he has been a solid contributor to the forum for several years so perhaps we can cut him some slack for a post made in the heat of the moment. Probably time to move on.

This weeks games.

SBMT v OX. A qualifying final to see who plays the DLS in the 2nd semi. OX have been the best side all year but at risk of missing the double chance. Only the home ground advantage sways me to SBMT by less than 2 goals.

OS v Beauy. Beauy impressive last week and in better form than the Scotchies. Sharks by 10 points.

Blues v Blacks. These teams very evenly matched and the Blues with maybe just a few more match winners to narrowly get the points by 15 for RFS who is one of the best contributors to this forum. Will the great man be at the helm again next year?

Fitzroy v OMs. Actually reckon the Roys are a fair unit and had they been able to put 4 quarters together more often they would have finished much higher. Like their seniors the OMs 19s look like going down a division next season and will exit with a 5 goals loss in their last game.

And De La with their feet up hoping OX and SMBT beat the crap out of each other. Interesting decision they chose not to qualify Mark Todd who needed to play 19s last week. A good call IMO to stick with the boys who have played all year together.

Thanks for the kind words Rooster :D !

This weekend will be interesting to see how the following situations play out.

SBMT vs OX ... The Tigers will keen to maintain their fortress like record at Brindisi Street this year. I can see them beating OX by a couple of kicks. SBMT will seize the double chance. On a sidenote the talent coming through SBMT in the 17's will ensure the Tigers are near the top of the ladder for the next few years.

Beauy away from Banksia is a beast that doesn't make a lot of sense. They put sides away at home with ease but struggle when they travel. Scotchies will be looking for another win to finish off a second half of the season. Look for Furey to kick another bag for Scotch and them to beat the Sharks.

The Blues and Blacks contest will be a lot closer than most pundits would expect it to be. Blacks have some quality with Sharp, Gardner and Lahy. They have been very competitive with almost every team in the top 4. Even being in front of SBMT last week at half time. In what is a epic way to finish the season for these two sides. I am tipping the Blues to turn the tables from the earlier game in the year.

Fitzroy will beat OM's but Kemmerer will still kick a bag for the Navy Blue red sock team. My mind can only think how good he (Kemmerer) would be with some better quality ball coming into the forward half. :rolleyes:

Best of luck for everyone ...

RFS out

Don't know what all the hype about Dickinson is, too interested in mouthing off and had 4 goals in a qaurter against him. Beauy not good enough to take it to the top 3 so it's between de la, xavs and st bedes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MUF just loves going down the highway to Boganville after everyone writing off Xavs and then giving St Bedes a lesson in u19 football....

Maybe lay off the sherbets Mackdaddy... Wouldn't get ahead of yourself just yet.

De La still my pick and the Brindisi Boys will be back too.

Don't know what the xavier boys have to do to convince you blokes that they're the team to beat..lost three games for the whole season; all by under a kick. Winning down at Brindisi has always been seen as a task in itself and on the weekend they disposed of bedes like nothing else.

Surely it's time for you all to swallow some pride and give them the respect and credibility they deserve!

So what is everyones early thoughts for this weeks match:

1st Semi Final @ Toorak Park
St Bedes/Mentone vs Beaumaris

2nd Semi Final @ Trevor Barker Oval
De La Salle vs Old Xaverians

Im thinking Bedes will win easily as the ground at Toorak Park will prob suit them better... and toss of the coin in the 2nd semi as both sides have good records down at Sandy.... Thoughts?

So what is everyones early thoughts for this weeks match:

1st Semi Final @ Toorak Park
St Bedes/Mentone vs Beaumaris

2nd Semi Final @ Trevor Barker Oval
De La Salle vs Old Xaverians

Im thinking Bedes will win easily as the ground at Toorak Park will prob suit them better... and toss of the coin in the 2nd semi as both sides have good records down at Sandy.... Thoughts?

Toorak park is a pretty decent size deck.. and seeing as though St bede's home ground is the size of someone who lives in a commission flat's backyard im not so sure that id back st bede's to beat beauy based on the nature of the ground... will be a good game id say based on the ground beauy is very favourable but after the last time those two sides met st bedes completely destroyed them.. as for the other game id expect de la to win fairly comfortably.

Toorak park is a pretty decent size deck.. and seeing as though St bede's home ground is the size of someone who lives in a commission flat's backyard im not so sure that id back st bede's to beat beauy based on the nature of the ground... will be a good game id say based on the ground beauy is very favourable but after the last time those two sides met st bedes completely destroyed them.. as for the other game id expect de la to win fairly comfortably.

sh0wtiMe you flog, you make some fine points. But if you looked at the VAFA site you would see that Beaumaris have loaded there side with senior football playing 19's. This is disgusting, you dont see de la doing this, beaumaris are sinking to the same levels of those St bedes mongrels.
With these players such as Braithwaite, Leigh, Grandy and Ward coming back or into the side it will be hard for De La (the team to beat) to beat them.
Apart from that, who ever said that Dickinson is an overrated footballer your just as or even more of a flog than sh0wtiMe... Dickinson is a 2 time team of the year full forward, and if all the hype being talked about his games down back this year, league B'n'F wouldnt be out of the question this year.

My predictions for these final games.
Bedes to bow out like their RD 1 game against beaumaris (beauie by 60)
De La comfortably beat Xavs (De La by 30)

thoughts.????

POI OUT!

I'd like to shed some unbiased light on this situation. personally I am a xavs player and the lies have to stop! just because i drive a beamer and attend a prestigious school does not mean i am not doing it tough! i ran out of milk the other day and my butler took over 15 minutes to fetch me more! and father scolded me when i gave him a slap! ludicrous!

back to the football! we have become a little complacent recently and our captain is looking a little portly, but i think we can come home hard and only lose the grand final by 10 goals, which is a good effort i think. dont forget we have a lot of teams in finals, we deserve a pat on the back.

now we should stop the petty bickering and talk team of the year! this is mine, from the backline as is traditional!

B: S.Dillane (Fitzroy), F.Wilkins (Fitzroy), C.Doherty (Fitzroy)
HB: C.Evans (Fitzroy), S.Maskell-Knight (Fitzroy), R.Lloyd (Fitzroy)
C: N.Marshall (Fitzroy), D.Patcas (Fitzroy), A.Biggs (Fitzroy)
HF: M.Gloster (Fitzroy), N.Carroll (Fitzroy), E.Scott (Fitzroy)
FF: M.Beacham (Fitzroy), A.Lawrence (Fitzroy), T.Biscaro (Fitzroy)
Rucks: J.Turner (Fitzroy), T.Hudson-Bevege (Fitzroy), D.Pound-Palmieri (Fitzroy)
I/C: N.Jumeau (Fitzroy), A.Elmi (Fitzroy), B.Hill (Fitzroy), A.Maloney (Fitzroy)

I know this may be a little controversial with Al 'token pressure' Lawrence lining up at full forward and Nathan 'best u19s player of all time' Jumeau on the bench, but on form i think it is justified! please note that some of the fitzroy boys were very unlucky ('strathy' steinfort comes to mind) as they have had a good year, but it was tough to fit them into such a strong team.

please discuss!!
Mr Jabberwocky i like your style, however i do have 2 questions/compliants. Firstly, and by far the most insulting is that you have left me out of your supposed team of the year! This is outrageous! Do i have to remind you that i finished 4th in the goal kicking this year and missed countless games as i was showing the boys in A grade how to kick a sausage roll?? Now i understand that you gave some muppet from Fitzroy the Captain honours, but seriously, my leadership skills are second to none. Just the other day i was telling the boys to kick the footy to me and ignore Jordan 'should keep off the dairy bell shakes' Bull when entering the fifty, and they did! Now if that's not leadership then i don't know what is!

And secondly, be proud of which Xavs boy you are! I understand that you are a cowardly Xavs boy and probably don't want your name to be revealed in fear that you might get targeted on the field, but take me for example, i have kicked bags of goals and still no one has the stamania, strength and mobility to run with me. I am going to take a stab in the dark and say you are Hannan because you are too cowardly to show your self. Now Michael 'looks like Tarzan plays like Jane' Hannan be proud that your parents have a butler and be proud that your part of a club that makes finals but can't handle the pressure.

Mr Jabberwocky i eagerly anticipate your reply to my demands/comments!

On another note, Beauy to win by 24 points to the scum and the mighty D's to knock off the overrated Xavs for the last time this year!

Kind regards, Nichooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back