Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 Premier fixture is now posted on the VAFA website.

The mail about Old Camberwell asking to go in a lower division has proved correct. Fitzroy and Old Brighton up, Marcellin and OC down. Uni Blacks get reprieve. Probably a good outcome for Blacks as otherwise all the young uni talent would have gone to the Blues.

Fitzroy are welcomed into Premier division with the toughest task in under 19 football - De La at Waverley Road.

I admit I was wrong about Old Brighton :thumbsdown: ... saying this I was right about Old Camberwell :D.

Any other news ?

Has Old Scotch appointed a new coach for their team yet ?

Any superstars want to announce their arrival in premier section for 2011 ?

Cricket is all done ... so the practice Matches will all be kicking off soon ... :footy:

Any thoughts on how all the teams will go this year?
Players to watch?
How will the two new sides go?

I admit I was wrong about Old Brighton :thumbsdown: ... saying this I was right about Old Camberwell :D.

Any other news ?

Has Old Scotch appointed a new coach for their team yet ?

Any superstars want to announce their arrival in premier section for 2011 ?

Cricket is all done ... so the practice Matches will all be kicking off soon ... :footy:
Old scotch still without a coach but word has it that they are going to keep the same coach as last year, as they couldnt find one.
Don't know anything about Fitzroy, however OB could be a surprise on the comp...
Any other news on teams?

Any predictions at this stage?
Players to watch?

A bit early to call Carter but after dominating for the comp for years De La will come back to the pack a bit this year. Have heard that St Bedes, Beauy and Uni Blues are looking good and are all confident of doing well. Xavs have enormous depth and might be the early favourite. Interested to hear other peoples thoughts. How about Old Camberwell avoiding relegation and then voluntary asking to go down. Good call /bad call?

A bit early to call Carter but after dominating for the comp for years De La will come back to the pack a bit this year. Have heard that St Bedes, Beauy and Uni Blues are looking good and are all confident of doing well. Xavs have enormous depth and might be the early favourite. Interested to hear other peoples thoughts. How about Old Camberwell avoiding relegation and then voluntary asking to go down. Good call /bad call?

Rooster always like your insight as it's a breath of fresh air to this forum.

Agree that De La will come back to the pack but success delivers players in spades and junior players in the area are keen to get on the bandwagon. Xavs very strong as their top players very rarely play senior football - I like them for the flag.

I think a blanket could then cover the remaining teams, bar those who have been promoted. Would love to see the boys at shark park make the finals as they have a great system in place and a team on the rise. OS SBMT and Blues will win more than they lose but for mine will not challenge.

Fitzroy has been thrown to the wolves but good luck in the top flight, OM's, Blacks just making up the numbers.

Best of luck to all teams in the coming season looking forward to another season of cracking football.

See you at Dairy Bell

I am tipping Old Xavs to be relegated. Scotch need to find a new coach asap because their coach last year was a muppet and if they have him again they will go backwards this season. Also watch out for Fitzroy, could be a sneaky chance to make finals.

Why so optimistic about Uni Blues Carter? Any news on how the other clubs are tracking?
Not sure really. Just think that they will improve! Last year they were up there and seeing as most clubs won't be as good as last year i reckon uni blues have a good chance.
Not too sure about other clubs. Know nothing about Fitzroy or Old brighton.
Any other news?
PLayers to watch?

Not sure really. Just think that they will improve! Last year they were up there and seeing as most clubs won't be as good as last year i reckon uni blues have a good chance.
Not too sure about other clubs. Know nothing about Fitzroy or Old brighton.
Any other news?
PLayers to watch?
Fitzroy to really struggle.
Players to watch Toby Hudson, Dom Palmieri, Julian Turner, Nathan Jumeau, Cheyne Evans.

ladder prediction

de la
uni blues
om
os
ox
beaumaris
st bm
fitzroy
uni black
ob

very even competition except for botom three. OM to be suprise packet with good players coming up and retaining a few key players. Word around is most clubs are getting poor numbers to training??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curosity what is classified as poor numbers on the track ?

Any upcoming practice matches this weekend ?

Have also heard poor numbers on track, St Bedes might only have one team, with some reasonible pick ups. but most of the young guys from last year.

Heard Beuy are going well, including some handy players still able to play this year.

ladder prediction

de la
uni blues
om
os
ox
beaumaris
st bm
fitzroy
uni black
ob

very even competition except for botom three. OM to be suprise packet with good players coming up and retaining a few key players. Word around is most clubs are getting poor numbers to training??

Have heard that OB is looking ok. And I could not possibly see OX missing finals. Far too much depth and talent. Seems to be a bit of hype about Uni Blues this year. Anyone from the uni care to comment? Interesting observation about OM’s. They hit the forum full of confidence last year and predicted a rd 1 win over De La and big things for the season. When that didn’t happen they went very quiet. They did have some very good players and if they are eligible again they should go ok.

Regarding your comment about poor training numbers. Which clubs?

Heard that Xavs, Om's and Old scotch haven't had many numbers but that was a couple of weeks ago, so after summer may have changed. Beauy to be a surprise this year.

Dont forget xavs just made finals last year and had a better team than this year. The comp will be very even with only a few ganmes seprating the top 6 teams. Oms always apear cocky but they do have some good players. Probly not a strong enough club to have a decent crack though. Poor numbers of 10 to 15. word is OB cant get double figures attending training. Top players for the year??

Dont forget xavs just made finals last year and had a better team than this year. The comp will be very even with only a few ganmes seprating the top 6 teams. Oms always apear cocky but they do have some good players. Probly not a strong enough club to have a decent crack though. Poor numbers of 10 to 15. word is OB cant get double figures attending training. Top players for the year??
Agreed Xavs did have a better team last year, however they will still stay the same i reckon, even though the standard will drop slightly.
Also agree witht the top 6 teams with only a game or two between them.
Have to wait and see the team sheets on websites or something to find out top players....

league b&f predictions:
matt seed from scotch,daniel harangozo from old xavs,sansom from scotch,hesham nidam from old xavs,tom humphrey from de la
providing these players dont play 1s

league b&f predictions:
matt seed from scotch,daniel harangozo from old xavs,sansom from scotch,hesham nidam from old xavs,tom humphrey from de la

Are all of those mentioned eligible for 19s in 2011? I would expect Seed, Nidam and Tom Humphrey to play a lot of senior football. B & F tip - Hugh Nicholson from De La. In a strong side last year he finished very high in the comp voting.

league b&f predictions:

Im tipping someone the umps notice.... so some flashy blonde wingman or big ff or chf

Uni Blues
De La
STBM
Old Xavs
Beaumaris
OM's
Old Scotch
Old Brighton
Fitzroy
Uni Blacks

I wouldnt be too confident about the Blue's finishing where you have them, from what it looks like Blacks have recruited a fair bit better than their Uni counterparts and could well be a surprise packet come finals time. Including a 6'6 monster weighing in at 107 kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back