News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game will be on on at the same time as preseason games, so every club is already letting their best players play a month before the season starts....

JLT / charity all stars game, just as likely to get injured in either.
The clubs don't see it that way. With pre-season games, the clubs are in control of the workloads and player management.

Aliies are just as shit as All-Stars.
For a charity game it might as be all-stars, its meaningless in terms of the match outcome anyway.

Yeah but I think that would be better received in wa. Ourside of wa sa and Vic I don't think the other states would be strong enough. Anyway I think a vic vs sa or wa would be better than all stars. It is the reason sate of origin doesn't work in afl because more than 2 states play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You live in fantasy land.......
It's you in fantasy land if you think the AFL would leak that the game is likely to happen, allow a story about it to be run on their own website then not stage the game. PR disaster waiting to happen. Only way to recover from would be to hand over massive amounts of cash instead.

The game will be on on at the same time as preseason games, so every club is already letting their best players play a month before the season starts....

JLT / charity all stars game, just as likely to get injured in either.
But they are wearing their clubs colours not some bullshit alliance or different state colours.

I wouldnt be a fan of Cogs getting injured playing for WA if NSW can't be included.

Last edited:
Has to be a legit style SOO or it doesn't work. Expect the AFL to have 2 captain's select there own "dream teams" and the format to be a modified version of AFLX. Gil will think it's a great idea.

Have one round of JLT matches - every game out in the country somewhere and donate everything and usually the week before the season starts which is the last week of the JLT stuff teams play at the usual stadiums where afl is played, have the SoO games then and possibly one more during the bye week before finals with lesser players playing from teams that aren’t in finals

Remove this Banner Ad

News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back