News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last thing I really feel like doing is defend Richmond and their players but some of the Cotchin opinions here are laughable and are based on one injury riddled year.

Was about to post the same thing.

One year a gun player picks up a couple of injuries that stops them reaching the heights of previous years people write them off.

Crotch in also matured as a player and leader. He now delivers quality more so than quantity in what he does on game day. I'd pick him ahead of Mitchell and 25 1m handballs that do little.

I swear some cannot follow a very basic premise.

Cotchin is no longer a gun, therefore he should not be participating in an exhibition state of origin game designed to showcase the best of the best.

That’s not having a swing at him, that’s stating the team has been skewed by Hardwick and his insistence of selecting Richmond players in spite of their general form over the past few years.

He got the same number of Brownlow votes as Ollie Wines and Marc Murphy (6, also the same as Sam Walsh), and half as many as Jaeger O’Meara in 2019. He’s not applicable for this game in the slightest.

Last edited:
Woah Dusty actually put his hand up to play. Maybe he is a good bloke. I would've thought he'd have better things to do

I swear some cannot follow a very basic premise.

Cotchin is no longer a gun, therefore he should not be participating in an exhibition state of origin game designed to showcase the best of the best.

That’s not having a swing at him, that’s stating the team has been skewed by Hardwick and his insistence of selecting Richmond players in spite of their general form over the past few years.

He got the same number of Brownlow votes as Ollie Wines and Marc Murphy (6, also the same as Sam Walsh), and half as many as Jaeger O’Meara in 2019. He’s not applicable for this game in the slightest.

Yeah but how many of those blokes have been a 2 time premiership captain and brownlow medalist?

It’s about more than shitty stats, it’s about his leadership and actual respect in the AFL community.

Woah Dusty actually put his hand up to play. Maybe he is a good bloke. I would've thought he'd have better things to do

he's a typical old school footballer. Not interested in the media or what fans say. I reckon he'd put up his hand to play for the big V every opportunity he could get, just as they did in the 80's and 90's.

Yeah but how many of those blokes have been a 2 time premiership captain and brownlow medalist?

It’s about more than shitty stats, it’s about his leadership and actual respect in the AFL community.

It’s completely irrelevant.

Cotchin was lucky enough to have a team around him that was good enough to win premierships, and his captaincy just happened to coincide with a successful period of time.

But again, you’re missing the point. Cotchin is no longer one of the best players in the league, and in a game showcasing the best he has been included to satisfy the coach at the detriment of more talented players.

You also don’t kick any goals on the basis of your respect within the AFL community.

Sick of hearing this Cotchin garbage! Read my username & leave my man alone!

End of day I'm extremely happy to have selected a mediocre footballer in Cotchin over a superstar Kreuzer. Jealousy can be a curse...……….

During the same draft I also was happy we picked an average footballer named Alex Rance while the cellar dweller blues sold their future for Judd. That trade is still debatable on who actually won out in the end as I'm sure Carlton could have chosen better than Masten & Notte with picks 3 & 20, however that J.Kennedy bloke goes alright.

Last edited:
Is it me or does every thread turn into a shit fight lol

Richmond/West Coast is probably the biggest one at the moment, a bit surprising but I guess it makes a change from Port/Adelaide and Carlton/Richmond/Collingwood/Essendon that tend to be the bigger ones on the main board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hundreds if not thousands?

Someone needs to work on their math.

Sure I've posted a dozen or two comments calling out Richmond flogs.

Now if we were to count the number of arrogant flogging posts by Tigers fans on here yes now that would most definitely be in the thousands. Tens of thousands.

Obsession is the level of external validation Richmond supporters are so desperate to get. It's pretty embarrassing.....it really is.

a dozen or two per thread perhaps.

in a dozen or two threads..

maybe you should do that maths?

a dozen or two per thread perhaps.

in a dozen or two threads..

maybe you should do that maths?

1582689717085.png

Obviously the truth is getting to you mate!

I actually cheered the Tigers on in 2017 when Richmond won, never again. Not after suffering the endless floggish behavior of so many Tigers fans on here.

I'd rather see Collingwood win a flag than Richmond. THAT's how poor the behavior has been. You and others have driven neutral supporters into supporting Collingwood ahead of Richmond. Just stop and think about that for a moment or two.

Then I go read your footer on your posts..........................says it all really!! Flogs!

It’s completely irrelevant.

Cotchin was lucky enough to have a team around him that was good enough to win premierships, and his captaincy just happened to coincide with a successful period of time.

But again, you’re missing the point. Cotchin is no longer one of the best players in the league, and in a game showcasing the best he has been included to satisfy the coach at the detriment of more talented players.

You also don’t kick any goals on the basis of your respect within the AFL community.

yawn your salt knows no bounds. The best captain in the AFL has every right to be there

yawn your salt knows no bounds. The best captain in the AFL has every right to be there

If it was AFLX or EJ Whitten I would agree with you, but bringing in has-beens who haven’t been elite for almost a decade is a bridge too far.

I’m surprised Dimma didn’t include fellow B-graders Toby Nankervis and David Astbury to round out the squad.

At least they’ve squared the ledger by bringing in Eddie Betts for the All Stars to add another player well past their prime to the match.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back