News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow what the actual fu#k? You clearly have no bloody idea about the game.
Should I state his list of achievements for you?
Carlton have had more number ones than Michael Jackson & the Beatles combined the last 25 years but it continues to amaze me how they're still putrid at best & remain irrelevant!

Did it amaze you that Richmond were putrid and irrelevant for 37 years?

Just asking for a friend! :think: :thumbsu::)

But if Cripps is asked to play back pocket and gets crunched by a full forward and breaks a leg - id be pissed, he wouldnt be asked to do that for a Carlton game (i know it wont happen but an example). If it happens playing for Carlton, so be it. Playing in a charity match.......na ill be pissed

Don’t worry- end of next year Cripps will be off your list so you won’t have to worry about it anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did it amaze you that Richmond were putrid and irrelevant for 37 years?

best asking for a friend! :think: :thumbsu::)
Yeah we most definitely were and while we were putrid I certaintly didn't troll players like Koutoufides who were champions at there own craft yet weren't consistant superstars week in week out. I kept quite and copped all the 9th jokes etc, etc....on the chin.

Ps. Asking for a friend....how original. I know you have this unusual obsession on for hating on Richmond. I see you on all the trolling tigers threads. Nice try.

Last edited:
The newly revealed All Stars logo is an aesthetically pleasing and clever concept. However, it shouldn't be used as the central focus of the jumper. The individual player's State of Origin should be the central display, housed neatly on a shared white and gold uniform. In addition, Allies is a nice name than All Stars. It generates comradeship between states while the SoO element enforces individual state pride.

Here's something I've whipped up as an example.

View attachment 824819
Looks really good mate.

Yeah we most definitely were and while we were putrid I certaintly didn't troll players like Koutoufides who were champions at there own craft yet weren't consistant superstars week in week out. I kept quite and copped all the 9th jokes etc, etc....on the chin.

Ps. Asking for a friend....how original. I know you have this unusual obsession on for hating on Richmond. I see you on all the trolling tigers threads. Nice try.

Do or do not. There is no try.

I dont hate Richmond.

Hate is a very powerful word.

I dislike DH arrogant Tigers suporters that's all. And there seems to be quite alot of them around after that first win in 37 years. Next thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

Be good if the coaches came out and said we are going to go old school and line up and hold the players in the traditional positions and do away with the lock it in mentality of today

Would be good to see a few more 1vs1 contests around the ground and a bit more space for the boys to show off in

Be good if the coaches came out and said we are going to go old school and line up and hold the players in the traditional positions and do away with the lock it in mentality of today

Would be good to see a few more 1vs1 contests around the ground and a bit more space for the boys to show off in
Nah the last game fev kicked 6 that's a joke. Against the best defender nobody should kick that much

I dont hate Richmond.

I dislike DH arrogant Tigers suporters that's all. And there seems to be quite alot of them around after that first win in 37 years. Next thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.
Pot. Kettle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont hate Richmond.

No, you don't hate Richmond, you just obsess about them.

How else do you explain the hundreds (if not thousands) of posts you've made about them?

How else do you explain the hundreds (if not thousands) of posts you've made about them?
Yeah his a massive troll. Loves to derail a thread by or posting on his "friends" behalf 🤣

Anyway back on topic. Gaff seems a good fit especially with his outside run.

Last edited:
Wow what the actual fu#k? You clearly have no bloody idea about the game.
Should I state his list of achievements for you?
Carlton have had more number ones than Michael Jackson & the Beatles combined the last 25 years but it continues to amaze me how they're still putrid at best & remain irrelevant!

No one cares about his list of achievements. Being a gun player almost a decade ago has no relevance in the present, at which point Cotchin is nothing more than a solid midfielder.

They’d be better served bringing Sam Mitchell and Jobe Watson out of retirement and give them a run.

Richmond fans keeping quiet hahaha..just gracious and copping it on the chin...you are dreaming.

Cotchin is a good footballer but these days is not a star worthy of taking part in an all star game. I'm sorry you disagree

Because we want to see a state of origin game, what don't you understand about that? Instead of getting all upset and waving your morality flag around the thread, why not try and understand the view?
I thought this could have worked better as an East vs West or Captains pick style all star game, but I get the reasoning.

Most people want to see a genuine, hard fought SoO game. Perhaps if this is relatively successful spectacle though it can be used as the platform to drive SoO and the conversation in future years?

For the purposes of this, I hope it's enjoyed for what it is which is a charity exhibition game on relatively short notice at a key time of preseason. They used the Big V vs All Stars because it was the easiest way to include all states and also take advantage of the SoO marketing appeal in the state the game is being played with the biggest engaged AFL market. I'm sure that factored in.

Its not genuine SoO, but it might create enough media talk and interest to drive the conversation in years moving forward and show clubs that the concept of a representative game can work at this time of year.

I dont hate Richmond.

I’d like to think we were great losers

Other than the bloke spitting on the coach of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond fans keeping quiet hahaha..just gracious and copping it on the chin...you are dreaming.

Cotchin is a good footballer but these days is not a star worthy of taking part in an all star game. I'm sorry you disagree
Lesson - I know it is difficult for most people on Big Footy but possibly learn how to read & understand a point before making any comment please.
Please quote on which part of my post did I speak on behalf of all Richmond supporters??
If you could read then you would know I was referencing myself. God I'd hate if you were representing me in a court room!

Last edited:
Lession - I know it is difficult for most people on Big Footy but possibly learn how to read & understand a point before making any comment please.
Please quote on which part of my post did I speak on behalf of all Richmond supporters??
If you could read then you would know I was referencing myself. God I'd hate if you were representing me in a court room!

We’re all really impressed you could have trolled Kouta while was running around tearing it up except the odd weeks he just played reasonably well (prior to injury anyway), but you showed some restraint.

The fact is Cotchin is no longer a gun player, and when current gun players are bypassed in favour of the Coach’s favourite son that’s when discussion is created on the merit of his selection. It’s clear there is some nepotism at play, and the squad has been compromised as a result.

It’s pretty rare for SOO to take place, and footy fans want to see the best possible spectacle, which is contingent on selecting the best players in the league. Cotchin is not one of these, and has not been for years.

Hundreds if not thousands?

Someone needs to work on their math.

Sure I've posted a dozen or two comments calling out Richmond flogs.

Now if we were to count the number of arrogant flogging posts by Tigers fans on here yes now that would most definitely be in the thousands. Tens of thousands.

Obsession is the level of external validation Richmond supporters are so desperate to get. It's pretty embarrassing.....it really is.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back