VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

All 18 rounds? 12 team is just luck of the draw?

12 teams. Play each other once (11 games)

Then ladder after round 11 splits it into 2 6 team comps (carry over your points/%). Play other 5 teams in your comp again once, makes it a 16 game H&A season. Then final four.

?

While I agree with you on D4, there will be some almighty beatings in D3 next year. Wattle Park would beat Eley Park by 50 goals.

Assuming Old Mentone will get up and get put into D4. Not sure if OM would like coming in to D4. If they are put into a higher grade it may mean some team will suffer relegation. My thoughts go with D1, D2 and D3.

And westbourne?
14 team D3 with a top 8 finals?
If it's a 12 team D3 you'd probably seed teams based on this year's results. So you'd have:

Top 4: MP/Canterbury/Aquinas, WP, RC, PH
Middle 4: NB, AP, LTU, SU
Bottom 4: BHN, SJ, EP, Masala

dinnersm.jpg

A well-deserved dinner on the way home from my retirement game, last Sunday's awesome D2 GF at Coburg.

Yes, I've hung up the boots, 217 VAFA H&A and finals matches, some WRFL and 400+ junior games, Reclink Community Cup, Qantas Kickstart and International Cup games. Highlights include 2 x Prem C GFs and the IC08 GF. I was appointed to one last game this weekend but have pulled out due to a nasty cold thats moved down to my chest; I'd much rather finish on last week's high than struggle through and deliver a sub-par performance on Saturday.

I've had the privilege of running with some of the best umpires around, many of whom have gone on to VFL and AFL glory.

And by and large I've also enjoyed my time modding on BigFooty through its ups and downs. The VAFA board - GlenOrmond and the current D4 thread notwithstanding - is a decent place to hang out compared to many others. I hope the standard is maintained going forward.

Yes, that means I'm also hanging up the moderating banzhammer after 16 years. It was nice to be introduced to some of you at games, putting faces to names and extending friendship beyond the keyboard.

I raise my glass to you all.

Cheers
Charlie (OTP)

View attachment 1810307

A well-deserved dinner on the way home from my retirement game, last Sunday's awesome D2 GF at Coburg.

Yes, I've hung up the boots, 217 VAFA H&A and finals matches, some WRFL and 400+ junior games, Reclink Community Cup, Qantas Kickstart and International Cup games. Highlights include 2 x Prem C GFs and the IC08 GF. I was appointed to one last game this weekend but have pulled out due to a nasty cold thats moved down to my chest; I'd much rather finish on last week's high than struggle through and deliver a sub-par performance on Saturday.

I've had the privilege of running with some of the best umpires around, many of whom have gone on to VFL and AFL glory.

And by and large I've also enjoyed my time modding on BigFooty through its ups and downs. The VAFA board - GlenOrmond and the current D4 thread notwithstanding - is a decent place to hang out compared to many others. I hope the standard is maintained going forward.

Yes, that means I'm also hanging up the banzhammer after 16 years. It was nice to be introduced to some of you at games, putting faces to names and extending friendship beyond the keyboard.

Cheers
Charlie (OTP)
Great achievement. Well done

View attachment 1810307

Yes, that means I'm also hanging up the banzhammer after 16 years. It was nice to be introduced to some of you at games, putting faces to names and extending friendship beyond the keyboard.

Cheers
Charlie (OTP)
Who are you passing the baton to? Been good OTP, see you in cycling season again

View attachment 1810307

Cheers
Charlie (OTP)
Congrats Charlie on a great career with the flags and on here and putting up with me .

Congrats Charlie on a great career with the flags and on here and putting up with me .
C'mon Mr. Ford, you know very well he's only stepping away from the umpiring side hustle, not the stuff he does here so quit the sucking up.:p Lots more editing, deleting, and admonishing left in him.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1810307

Cheers
Charlie (OTP)
Great work OTP. A lovely career with the flags and the buttons.
As a parting gift, can I suggest reinstating all the deleted posts so we can all scroll back for a laugh?
Looking forward to you setting up a burner account to take revenge on all those who have caused you grief!

Great work OTP. A lovely career with the flags and the buttons.
As a parting gift, can I suggest reinstating all the deleted posts so we can all scroll back for a laugh?
Looking forward to you setting up a burner account to take revenge on all those who have caused you grief!
How about as a parting gift he lists each poster with multiple aliases and has all of their aliases listed out so we can confirm what we already know or suspect.

This must be some sort of record

Prem B, St.Bernard’s Seniors and Ressies premiers
Prem C, OI Seniors and Ressies premiers
Div 1, Glen Eire Seniors Premiers, Ressies runners up
Div 2, Parkside Seniors and Ressies premiers
Div 3 Elsternwick Seniors and Ressies premiers
Div 4 North Brunswick Seniors and Ressies premiers

This must be some sort of record

Prem B, St.Bernard’s Seniors and Ressies premiers
Prem C, OI Seniors and Ressies premiers
Div 1, Glen Eire Seniors Premiers, Ressies runners up
Div 2, Parkside Seniors and Ressies premiers
Div 3 Elsternwick Seniors and Ressies premiers
Div 4 North Brunswick Seniors and Ressies premiers
Don't forget Old Ivanhoe won the Under 19 premiership as well.

Don't forget Old Ivanhoe won the Under 19 premiership as well.
Thanks Jas, we certainly have been celebrating accordingly.

Not many clubs get that many Premierships in one year outside of Xavs. Willy May have done it a couple of years ago.

It was a comment that Senior Premiership teams have good Ressie teams.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back