VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they were eventually a chance to get it right! But it’s more a general point that imo the gap is there between C and D1.

Obviously there will always be exceptions like Williamstown but they took a long time to get a squad together to make the jump.

Although the jump from C to B might be even harder

I’m sure someone would know some actual facts on the gap in the divisions
Yes Ormond has done a bit of that . Workhorse i believe summed it up pretty well . Your team is i don't know who , vafa or O&M

A quick question?

When warming up or warming down, which way does your club run its laps, clockwise or counter clockwise?

Both at my Junior and Senior clubs, we ran counter clockwise.

Max "Just asking" Leader

A quick question?

When warming up or warming down, which way does your club run its laps, clockwise or counter clockwise?

Both at my Junior and Senior clubs, we ran counter clockwise.

Max "Just asking" Leader
Anti-clockwise for the most part. Sometimes someone throws a spanner in the works and we go clockwise but it always felt wrong

Changing the ability to extend the state of emergency into 2021 =/= tough restrictions will remain at a level that jeopardises 2021
It's the CHO wanting it , it just brings it in line with other states where there are no time limits.

Coriolis effect, apparently.

International Educational E-Journal ISSN 2277-2456 Volume-II Issue-IV Oct-Nov-Dec 2013 said:
On this point, Peter Brown from Sheffield argues: “Because of the effect of the Earth`s rotation, an athlete running anti-clockwise will have a slight advantage, resulting in a faster time. In the Southern Hemisphere, this effect is reversed but, as the sport grew up in the Northern Hemisphere, anti-clockwise races have remained, despite the international status of athletics. Evidence of this phenomenon is that none of the current world track records have been set south of the equator. The question is, if the World Championships are ever held in the Southern Hemisphere, would the IAAF decide that track events should be run in the opposite direction?” (Brown, 2011).
Perhaps, no, for it would upset the entire athletic competition ethos.

Smells like bullshit to me, but what do I know?

I've watched plenty of both leagues. Division 3 NFL would be anywhere between the bottom of D1 VAFA to the bottom of D3 VAFA. C Grade Ammo teams would wipe pretty much all Div 3 NFL teams.

Spot on Workhorse. I live in the area, watch a fair bit of local footy and know a lot of the guys playing across the NFNL and your assessment is where I would see things also. The top half of the C grade clubs would also be VERY competitive with the top half NFNL Div 2 teams.

Chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on Workhorse. I live in the area, watch a fair bit of local footy and know a lot of the guys playing across the NFNL and your assessment is where I would see things also. The top half of the C grade clubs would also be VERY competitive with the top half NFNL Div 2 teams.

Chump
What I saw last year. Williamstown would account for Whittlesea comfortably on bigger grounds. Actually Willy would be competitive against most Div 1 teams outside the top 4.

AJAX at full strength would have been too quick for a full strength Banyule.

OI and Orm would also be too quick for Eltham and Thomastown.

Max "Is it 2021 yet" Leader

Given the different types of footy it’s really difficult to bench mark different competitions. Especially next year where we could see a big drop off due to salary cap cuts and players not playing again after COVID.

What I saw last year. Williamstown would account for Whittlesea comfortably on bigger grounds. Actually Willy would be competitive against most Div 1 teams outside the top 4.

What if if was belting rain and the usual Preston gale at finals time Maxy? :)

Chump

Chump
Willy would be right at home. Play at a ground that usually has force team gale winds that has a horrible centre wi

Chump
Willy would win by even more.

As we know they play at the windiest/wettest grounds in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back